San Diego Area - Page 1001 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > San Diego Area

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 07-31-2009, 07:40 PM   #15001
KraZeDav
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
Hey... While I have the tranny and t-case sitting on the floor, I think I'll change the fluids too.
So what do you guys recommend for the tranny, and is it the same for the t-case?
BTW: The shifter comes out by removing the two bolts that hold the plate on the top of the trans. On the '88 anyway, not on the Ax15.
Do you have the Peugeot BA 10/5 tranny or the AX15. AX15 takes 85/90w gear oil. NP231 takes tranny fluid

KraZeDav is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2009, 07:51 PM   #15002
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazedav View Post
Do you have the Peugeot BA 10/5 tranny or the AX15. AX15 takes 85/90w gear oil. NP231 takes tranny fluid

I have the Peugeot BA 10/5 tranny and the NP231.
So just regular Dextron II tranny fluid in the T-case? How much does it hold?
85/90w gear oil for the Peugeot too?
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2009, 11:36 PM   #15003
Motorep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I got my Currie upper and lower front arms mounted tonight so I'll be skipping the wrenching party. I'll finish the track bar and steering one night next week.

Anyone plan on wheeling anywhere next weekend? Thinking of doing Big Bear again.
Unread 08-01-2009, 07:06 AM   #15004
CDavisJK
2009 JK Wrangler 

Well, I always wanted a CJ, but right now I need something reliable. So, I picked up a 2009 X 2dr yesterday. It's the complete base model, so it's got the tiny tires. But I could easily change that. I'm just happy to have a Jeep in San Diego. I was missing out on the party before. I was looking for a black exterior with a manual transmission and this was the only one local. I'm used to driving lowered cars, so this is a big change for me.
CDavisJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2009, 08:07 AM   #15005
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDavisJK View Post
Well, I always wanted a CJ, but right now I need something reliable. So, I picked up a 2009 X 2dr yesterday. It's the complete base model, so it's got the tiny tires. But I could easily change that. I'm just happy to have a Jeep in San Diego. I was missing out on the party before. I was looking for a black exterior with a manual transmission and this was the only one local. I'm used to driving lowered cars, so this is a big change for me.
Congratulations, and welcome to Money Pit World.
RJC#512
Unread 08-01-2009, 08:39 AM   #15006
sdmoose429
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Ooooohhh Goodie, FRESH MEAT!!! Be careful, buddy. You have turned down a road you will never recover from. Welcome to the DARK SIDE!!

Happy Trails,
Moose
sdmoose429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2009, 08:42 AM   #15007
sdmoose429
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Party!!!!

Y'all:

My buddy's new tranny shop is having a GRAND OPENING today. Free Food, Hot cars, HOTTER women, (maybe). free concert tickets, etc.

Its FACTORY TRANSMISSIONS, Coner of Prospect and Magnolia in Santee (krazedave's hood) From 10 - 3. check it out, I have to work.
Unread 08-01-2009, 11:16 AM   #15008
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Ya ever notice that when you aren't looking for something there are a million of them but when you want something they seem to vanish?

Cherokees seemed to be everywhere on CL. Now that I am actively looking for one they are all either complete crap or the owner has lots their mind thinking they have some gem thats worth $$!
Unread 08-01-2009, 12:01 PM   #15009
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Can i use the same synthetic oil i used in my diff's for my tranny?
RJC#512
Unread 08-01-2009, 01:34 PM   #15010
sdmoose429
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
Can i use the same synthetic oil i used in my diff's for my tranny?
I DID
Unread 08-01-2009, 09:42 PM   #15011
KraZeDav
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Picture We love pictures
You have stepped into something that you might not be able to scrap off.
This forum is full of all kinds of help and info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmoose429 View Post
Ooooohhh Goodie, FRESH MEAT!!! Be careful, buddy. You have turned down a road you will never recover from. Welcome to the DARK SIDE!!

Happy Trails,
Moose
So very True.
KraZeDav is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2009, 11:20 PM   #15012
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Found out where a **** ton of vehicles are going to. That damned "cash for cars" govt program is giving people up to $4,500 on top of the trade in value. Drive by a dealership and there are XJs everywhere in their trade in area. Why sell your Jeep to someone on CL when the govt will give you way more than its worth. I hate Obama....
Unread 08-01-2009, 11:29 PM   #15013
CDavisJK
2009 JK Wrangler 

Yeah, my 1990 Supra was eligible for that program, but I could't find a car with decent gas mileage that I liked. The Mini Cooper S is nice, but, yeah, I got a Jeep.
CDavisJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2009, 11:43 PM   #15014
StvDiego

Quote:
Yeah, my 1990 Supra was eligible for that program, but I could't find a car with decent gas mileage that I liked. The Mini Cooper S is nice, but, yeah, I got a Jeep.
You have been assimilated

Now, the first thing to do is to run outside, hit the Jeep with a hammer and scratch it with a screwdriver.

Get past the first dent and scratch and life gets a lot less stressful

Let The Spending Begin!! Woohoo

Oh, and buy a really, really, really good torx set
StvDiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2009, 11:57 PM   #15015
CRAWLING 98
Rock Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeebs View Post
Ya ever notice that when you aren't looking for something there are a million of them but when you want something they seem to vanish?

Cherokees seemed to be everywhere on CL. Now that I am actively looking for one they are all either complete crap or the owner has lots their mind thinking they have some gem that's worth $$!
Be patient my friend you will find the right one for you (and Kim) in good time.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.