Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

San Diego Area

2M views 41K replies 369 participants last post by  Joe Dillard 
#1 · (Edited)
Looking to hook up with some beginning to intermediate off-roaders in the San Diego area.

I am a newb to jeeping but not to common sense. I bought a jeep to try, and if I like it I will buy another and give this one to my daughter.

I am truly a quick learner and looking for other beginners or some old salt that is just willing to share the wisdom of their experience.

I would like to go jeeping at least once a month and of course more during the learning stages.

Currently, fire roads are all I have found around hear and a few construction areas.

What I am proposing is that all the way south newbs UNITE... if we can find some old salts to come along we can all learn faster. But I say lets get this thing rolling...

WHO IS WITH ME....?

Current jeep is

88 YJ
31x10.5.15 BFG ATs
I6 258 carbed
Pretty good condition but I am replacing all the parts that should have been replaced ages ago. (Hoses/clamps/Top etc...)
(The jeep sat for 3 years so I'm shaking out all the cobwebs...)

See less See more
Reactions: w6pea
#25,962 ·
Stone Brewing has good food and beer but it packs on a Saturday night and the service is sloooooww....

So Taylor... I'm cornfused. Sunday is OK after 6:30?
I'm OK with either day but next weekend is out for us.
I wont be off work until after 9pm on sunday... those dang christians and their church:rofl:

I am free saturday night after 6ish... I will be working on the heep all day, or really any time next week.

let me know.

#25,967 ·
Love my huskey 160piece socket set. Only missing 1 piece after almost 5 years of use. And only the 3/4'' ratchet has gotten to a point where I have to hold the switch on it so it ratchets only one direction and doesn't switch.

#25,968 ·
Love my huskey 160piece socket set. Only missing 1 piece after almost 5 years of use. And only the 3/4'' ratchet has gotten to a point where I have to hold the switch on it so it ratchets only one direction and doesn't switch.
Clearance price was $69, I think it is the 180+ piece set. They had six yesterday. They also had Huskey combo wrench sets on clearance, included SAE/Metric stubby/regular, and lots of DeWalt tools on clearance.

It seemed like a good deal. I asked the guy in the HD tool area about the guarantee, he said if it breaks bring it in and they will replace on the spot, I may stop and get one today to leave at work.

It looks an awful lot like the Craftsman set, hmm, same manufacturer :dunno:

Home Depot clearance racks

#25,969 ·
StvDiego said:
Clearance price was $69, I think it is the 180+ piece set. They had six yesterday. They also had Huskey combo wrench sets on clearance, included SAE/Metric stubby/regular, and lots of DeWalt tools on clearance.

It seemed like a good deal. I asked the guy in the HD tool area about the guarantee, he said if it breaks bring it in and they will replace on the spot, I may stop and get one today to leave at work.

Steve, whats the location of the home depot ?

#25,970 ·

I wish I didn't just have to burn my last 300$ on school books out of pocket >.< Broke 'til friday.

#25,971 ·
So is this GTG on or off?
I can probably do next weekend if it's off for this weekend.
Too bad there isn't a Texas Loosey's down by you guys. Great food, great scenery, plenty of beer, and plenty of scenery. It's in Temecula.

#25,973 ·
Im going wheeling tomorrow I just dont know where haha. Either Lw or Cc. Im open all day. Who can go?
Had a good time, next time I will air down even more to see if I can make that last steep incliee at the end of that trail..

If anyone wants to go to LW let me know, I will go almost anytime, its so close to my house.

There were a couple of spost where 35+" tires would have been nice along with a lift (I am running 33s with just a 1.25" BL) I dont have enough ground clearance, you guys should see my gastank skid, lol, its smashed to hell, I had to remove my TC skid 2x to bend it back already too!

So I need to lift my gas tank and build a new skid and also make a new belly pan with oilpan protection that will sit as flush as I can make it.

BTW anybody have any suspension springs and shocks for a lift about 3" for cheap? I need to do something to the the Jeep temporarily to get some travel until I do the Coilovers, tired of bouncing off the bumpstops all friggin day long. its getting REALLY old.

Anybody?

#25,978 ·
What do you think of my new Samari axle?
No more narrow Jeep trails for you. Now you have to hang out with those h-1 and H-2 guys in the open desert.

Maybe when you get a different offset wheel it will help a lot.
That tie rod and drag link look a little flimsy. Might want to be careful with those. What is that, electrical conduit?

#25,979 ·
RikRotorhead said:
So is this GTG on or off?
I can probably do next weekend if it's off for this weekend.
Too bad there isn't a Texas Loosey's down by you guys. Great food, great scenery, plenty of beer, and plenty of scenery. It's in Temecula.
I should see if my sister in law in Ramona (where I'm moving my jeep to tmrw) would host a Jeep GTG. Neither of them own a jeep but they have plenty of land to BBQ on and work on Jeeps haha :p

Good acre or so.