Pissed at ORW - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > Pissed at ORW

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 10-18-2013, 10:17 AM   #16
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Personally if I want something, I pull reviews and pics online. Then I search for the best prices, then I order it, wait for brown santa and then buy a 6 pack and spend the day destressing about bs while I install or repair. Simple as that. Health benefits understood, I'll call a friend or take my sweet time. As long as it aint your DD and you have a garage you can do that. If it's your DD and you park on the street, well, that's another story altogether.

brokenyoujoint is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2013, 09:24 PM   #17
CRAWLING 98
Rock Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Although I feel for you (about your health) I always say its best to 'do it yourself' or have someone help you on the work process. Places like ORW and 4Whparts are in the BUSINESS to make money. They don't really care about the finished product so working your jeep yourself is always best. Take a look at your invoice and see how much they charged you for a shop rag... talk about rip-off.

In San Diego I have seen a good number of fellow Jeepers have offer (and conducted) for jeep parties where someone has their jeep repaired and the owner has to pay for the beverages (beer) and pizza

Whom is doing the next Jeep party?????
Unread 10-18-2013, 10:20 PM   #18
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

hell if its just pizza and beer, I'm gonna be doing a rock jock III, genright stretch and a 4 link... who wants to do that for me?
Unread 10-18-2013, 10:58 PM   #19
MikeHoncho88
2015 JK Wrangler 

Jeep party sounds awesome. I think I might be done with major mods for a while though. Thanks guys for all the good ideas. :-)
MikeHoncho88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2013, 09:40 AM   #20
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Funny, I keep telling myself that but guess what happens..lol
Unread 10-25-2013, 06:18 PM   #21
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Don't look at products or builds online. Don't go jeeping and don't drive it. That way you won't want or convince yourself that you "need" anything. It really is an addiction in every definition of the word.
Unread 10-30-2013, 12:30 PM   #22
Reno72
1992 YJ Wrangler 

What's your thoughts on M.I.T. in El Cajon. Seemed to be very knowledgable and friendly, the exact opposite of what I found at ORW where it seemed I was bothering them asking questions.
Reno72 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2013, 12:58 PM   #23
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Never used MIT but have heard all good things about them. Chris Boyer of the DSC radio show had his scout worked on there.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2013, 02:56 PM   #24
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Ive heard good things about MIT as well. Jeff, any progress on the 30" To bad you don't have a LP, I have a 4.56 gear set with your name on it.
Unread 10-30-2013, 03:23 PM   #25
SDDAVE
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Speaking of MIT.

http://www.justruns.com/files/Demo2013.htm
SDDAVE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2013, 05:11 PM   #26
Reno72
1992 YJ Wrangler 

That's good to hear, they seemed like really good people to work with. Is that Demo open to all, or only the jeep club?
Reno72 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2013, 06:17 PM   #27
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Jeff & Karen Sugg (owners of MIT) have been a SoCal cornerstone as far as offroading & working on Jeeps for many years. I have used them in the past going back to ~1995, but not lately except to inquire about specialty parts.

Jeff is who initially came up with the idea of installing an SYE in SWB Jeeps and he has his own SYE Kit (I use to run one in m y YJ). Businesses saw the potential of his product & shortly started a frenzy of copying it. He has had many products copied by "big business".

There reputation is like many offroad shops - it goes up & down as employees change. Jeff is who did my gears & ARB's in my old axles. He did a fantastic job.
Joe Dillard is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-31-2013, 12:04 PM   #28
SDDAVE
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno72 View Post
That's good to hear, they seemed like really good people to work with. Is that Demo open to all, or only the jeep club?
Open to all, just respond to the JustRuns notice, that way they get a head count.
SDDAVE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-31-2013, 05:09 PM   #29
Y0ungGunZJ
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno72 View Post
What's your thoughts on M.I.T. in El Cajon. Seemed to be very knowledgable and friendly, the exact opposite of what I found at ORW where it seemed I was bothering them asking questions.
I use to intern there for about 3-4 months great guys there. they have even done some work on my zj.
(o) )-o---(o) )---o-) ) ---------(o) )-o-(o) )--o-) )
Y0ungGunZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2013, 12:35 AM   #30
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDDAVE View Post
Open to all, just respond to the JustRuns notice, that way they get a head count.
I signed up and will be there.Always good to teach the tenderfoots

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.