Pancake Rock Saturday 4/23 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > Pancake Rock Saturday 4/23

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 04-21-2011, 05:55 PM   #1
WJDesertRacer
2004 WJ 

Pancake Rock Saturday 4/23

Heading out with kuruma saturday to Pancake rock in east county Jamul area. Any one interested in joining?

Plan on meeting at the shell gas station at the corner of 54/jamacha rd and hilton head road 2411 Jamacha Road El Cajon, CA 92019 bout 9 am. Its a really fun run and not too crazy. I did it last weekend with 33s and open diffs. A couple times got hung up due to tires coming off the ground but after quick back up and new line choice had no issues.

The pics are coming down off the rock and our group having lunch on top.

WJDesertRacer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2011, 07:41 PM   #2
kuruma
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Can't see the pics here at work. But yep. I'm in there like swim wear. Heep is all waxed up and ready to go.
kuruma is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-25-2011, 05:27 PM   #3
TJRoberto
1997 TJ Wrangler 

how was do run, any pictures?
TJRoberto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2011, 04:10 PM   #4
kuruma
2006 LJ Wrangler 

The run was good. I'll get some pics up tonight. I'm kinda short so I didn't have much chance to take a lot of pics. I was trying to keep my fenders from being ripped off Gave me a new prespective/incentive to find a good body lift for the Jeep. A little damage done but nothing that can't be repaired. My first run in the SD are was a good one. Thanks again.
kuruma is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2011, 05:47 PM   #5
WJDesertRacer
2004 WJ 

Didnt take a lot of pics except for that one flat repair. Overall was a great run. CV joint on front axel blew out on the way up Pancake Rock to 2wd all the way down and then big thanks to Kuruma for the lift back to the trailer. Now on the fix list 33 inch mud terrain, driveshafts and skid plate.

When you hit this

It results in this

Who said hi-lifts were safe

Need full size spares
WJDesertRacer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2011, 05:26 PM   #6
chuyszj

the view is awesome. When is the next trail ride?
chuyszj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2011, 01:36 PM   #7
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Looks like a great time! I am also interested to know when you guys plan to do it again? Looks like I just missed this one.

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.