Official hitting the junkyard thread. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > Official hitting the junkyard thread.

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 11-09-2009, 10:46 AM   #1
Chris
Guy with jeep

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Official hitting the junkyard thread.

Alot of you guys and myself included talk of hitting the JY so I figured I would start a thread to help everyone out. So if you are looking for a certain part or are heading out post it up.

I myself am heading out next Saturday morning (11/14/09) to the Pick a part in San Bernardino since it will be half off day. I am willing to grab some parts for people if needed or even just look to see if they have something. i know there was a few guys looking for certain parts like a TJ door switch or a green fender off a 97+ XJ. I was there two weeks ago and they had 10-15 XJ's of all years and 4 YJ's and 1 TJ, so with any luck they will still have those or more. Let me know if you want me to look for a part by Friday and I will be glad to. Also I may have an extra seat (if my buddy flakes) in my pickup if anyone wants to go, I bring a full size with a utility bed with just about every tool you can think of.

BTW I don't have time to pull motors, trannies or axles but I will let you know if they have one.

Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2009, 10:56 AM   #2
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

good idea.

I'm looking for a chevy 6.2/6.5 diesel with a turbo installed

Just want the turbo stuff. manifolds, tubes and whatever else makes it all work.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2009, 11:34 AM   #3
StvDiego

And don't forget, Half-Price Weekend at Pick-Your-Part 11-27 to 29
StvDiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2009, 11:42 AM   #4
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StvDiego View Post
And don't forget, Half-Price Weekend at Pick-Your-Part 11-27 to 29
We can have a meet and greet there AND get fish tacos. We'll kill about 3 birds at once.
Unread 11-09-2009, 12:29 PM   #5
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Good idea for a thread Chris.
I'm looking for front buckets from a 2002 Montero Sport. Grey or black.
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2009, 09:59 AM   #6
Chris
Guy with jeep

1990 YJ Wrangler 

OK it's Thursday and if anyone wants me to take a look for anything imparticular just let me know.

Rik I will give you a call if I find a decent set of seat for the montero, IF they have them you are probably looking at around 50 bucks for both.

Jbolty I will look for the turbo stuff but I am to scared to pull it apart unless it looks simple but I will definitly let you know what they have.

Jeebs I will look for that dark green passenger side fender 97+ and grill piece, let me know if you want me to pick it up if they have one in great condition?

4x4grey88 I will grab that switch if they still have that TJ, I am sure it will only be a couple bucks if that and I can mail that down to you.

I am still putting a list together so if anyone needs anything post it up and I can at least let you know if they have and if it doesn't take all day to get apart I will even grab it and we can find a way to get it to you. remember this weekend is half off at this place and they have a good selection.
Unread 11-12-2009, 10:06 AM   #7
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks for looking

Half price down here is always on a holiday weekend, so turkey at the junkyard.
Unread 11-12-2009, 11:17 AM   #8
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Chris_ View Post
Jeebs I will look for that dark green passenger side fender 97+ and grill piece, let me know if you want me to pick it up if they have one in great condition?

I am still putting a list together so if anyone needs anything post it up and I can at least let you know if they have and if it doesn't take all day to get apart I will even grab it and we can find a way to get it to you. remember this weekend is half off at this place and they have a good selection.
If you can find the front surround (has the side markers attached to it) and a passenger side fender that would be great. The front part looks like it takes a while to remove. I won't be able to make it up to grab anything this weekend though. Headed on vacation this afternoon and flying back Sunday night.
Unread 11-12-2009, 12:11 PM   #9
Chris
Guy with jeep

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeebs View Post
If you can find the front surround (has the side markers attached to it) and a passenger side fender that would be great. The front part looks like it takes a while to remove. I won't be able to make it up to grab anything this weekend though. Headed on vacation this afternoon and flying back Sunday night.
I have taken that part off of my old XJ and it doesn't take all that long so not a big deal there. I will only grab one if it is in real good condition and the correct color. I am not to worried about how quick you can get it from me I am sure we can work something out, I have a neighbor that works down your way that could probably bring it down one day. I will post up in this thread on Saturday afternoon or evening on if I found the parts or not. Have a good vacation.
Unread 11-15-2009, 08:44 AM   #10
Chris
Guy with jeep

1990 YJ Wrangler 

wow the JY was a waste this weekend. Sorry guys no parts for anyone although i did find a turn signal I needed for my car but was not worth the wait in line to buy it. The TJ was gone and there was about 30 XJ's but none that were green. not a single chevy turbo set up in the place. I even stopped at a second JY to find nothing. Kinda felt like a waste of time.
Unread 11-15-2009, 06:55 PM   #11
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks for checking!
Unread 11-15-2009, 08:21 PM   #12
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Chris_ View Post
wow the JY was a waste this weekend. Sorry guys no parts for anyone although i did find a turn signal I needed for my car but was not worth the wait in line to buy it. The TJ was gone and there was about 30 XJ's but none that were green. not a single chevy turbo set up in the place. I even stopped at a second JY to find nothing. Kinda felt like a waste of time.
that sucks, it goes that way sometimes.
Unread 12-08-2009, 05:26 PM   #13
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Anyone know of any half price days coming up? I am getting tired of these 3.55 gears and am thinking of just grabbing a pair of 4.10 axles. I may even brave the rain this weekend!
Unread 12-08-2009, 07:01 PM   #14
Chris
Guy with jeep

1990 YJ Wrangler 

I will probably be hitting them again next weekend (After payday) but I am sure one or two will have a half off weekend on christmas weekend, they always do it on holidays.

Did you ever find your fender?
Unread 12-08-2009, 07:20 PM   #15
StvDiego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeebs View Post
Anyone know of any half price days coming up? I am getting tired of these 3.55 gears and am thinking of just grabbing a pair of 4.10 axles. I may even brave the rain this weekend!
I've heard a rumor that a certain home re-modeler has a HP D30 with 4:10 gears sitting in the yard and someone who is helping said re-modeler may have some TJ front shafts available soon...

or so I've heard
StvDiego is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
junk yard , junk yard lovin , knob knomes

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.