Odd missing person story - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > Odd missing person story

WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-28-2010, 11:51 PM   #31
MissyP

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJames1226 View Post
Ill be out in the area this coming weekend and i plan to keep my eyes open, but what is there to look for after 4 months? Any footprints will be from other people searching, tire tracks from everyone searching.
At this point, we don't know what there is to look for.. We know Mickey's cell phone, house keys, ham (2 way?) radio were missing from the car.. along with the car jack (which we assume was stolen). The people who go to the desert are looking for a body, as much as I hate to say it.
None of his friends have heard from him.. the police search of his home computer has turned up nothing, same with phone records.. He had no money, his spare clothes were left in the car.. I want to think that he is resourceful enough that he found a way to make it on his own, if for some reason he wouldn't want to come home (which is pretty unlikely, in my opinion-- he had no reason NOT to come home besides the commotion from the week prior w/ the motorcycle)... but the reality that he never made it out of the desert is there. We just want closure one way or the other.

(and for the post prior to the one I replied to, my last name isn't the same as Mickey's, but thanks for your good thoughts.. we just want to find him, wherever he is)

MissyP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2010, 12:05 AM   #32
ReconMill
Flat-4 Turbo

If I wasnt across the country I'd be more than willing to help find Mickey. Prayers out to you and your family in hopes for a safe return.
ReconMill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2010, 08:26 AM   #33
JPete
How 'Bout Dem O's?

2000 XJ Cherokee 

We'll be praying for your son's safe return home.

And, although I understand why you are doing searches for your son's name, I would recommend that you stay away from public forums, or at least let someone else who is not as emotionally tied to your son read them. People will say heartless and cruel things about you and your son. Most of the comments will be made in jest, or out of ignorance, and with no idea that you would ever read them. But why do that to yourself over and over?
JPete is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2010, 10:56 AM   #34
IslandTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Location: where I wheel: N 45º 36.663' W 123º 20.935', Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPete View Post
We'll be praying for your son's safe return home.

And, although I understand why you are doing searches for your son's name, I would recommend that you stay away from public forums, or at least let someone else who is not as emotionally tied to your son read them. People will say heartless and cruel things about you and your son. Most of the comments will be made in jest, or out of ignorance, and with no idea that you would ever read them. But why do that to yourself over and over?
Very true, perhaps a forum is not the best venue firsthand, especially for one who is intimate with the situation.
1998 TJ Moss [COLOR=darkgreen][B][SIZE=3]Green[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] Sahara w/ numerous scratches & dents whose playground is on a tropical island that's 33 miles long and 4-12 miles wide, in year-round 82 degree weather.

[Edit] "Now jeepin in Oregon" [/Edit]
IslandTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2010, 11:59 AM   #35
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissyP View Post
According to Detective Patrick Yates, “The Mom reported that had happened before that. Ours is perhaps the third or fourth time that he had taken a vehicle from the parents.”

Bogus. Detective Yates will confirm that- I NEVER reported that it happened before... and he'd never taken a vehicle besides the motorcycle. THAT is an example of what I meant by not forthcoming~ the media had many inaccuracies & misquotes (the detective will tell you the same thing)-- most of them never spoke to me at all. They read other articles and picked out things from them that made it looked like there was controversy, drama, etc-- the things that sell stories. So for the person who asked for "my side of the story"-- there isn't a "story"-- its just correcting the media's "facts".
Mickey was not a saint~ he did take the motorcycle joyriding and like most 16 yr old kids, he did make some bad decisions. But the fact of the matter is that it's been nearly 4.5 months since he was last seen, and we don't know if he is alive or not. My only goal is to FIND him.. then everyone can judge his & our actions afterwards on websites like this. Help Find Mickey Guidry | Facebook is one of his facebook groups, inc ase anyone is interested. This has coordinates & maps from one of the searches Mickey Search
. This is is missing poster in case anyone wants to print it out and put up flyers http://www.magnuson-consulting.com/M..._vertical_.pdf

I can understand what you are trying to imply here.
I was a passenger in an airplane that crashed back in the early '90s. The newspaper and the TV news both reported that I was the pilot, and the crash was caused by the plane running out of gas on landing.
I was a passenger, and the cause of the crash was pilot error.
I don't fly airplanes at all. The media would not retract anything they printed or said, saying "it's not important". Fortunately the NTSB and FAA knew the truth. The media cannot be trusted, as everyone pretty much knows already.

If there is anything anyone on this forum can do, we will be anxious to help.
One of the discussions at our last get together was about the upcoming trip to that area, and to be on the lookout for any signs of him.
The Jeep community is an extremely helpful bunch of men and women that would go out of their way to help, especially to find a lost child.
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2010, 12:06 PM   #36
EnFuegoUno
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
but the reality that he never made it out of the desert is there. We just want closure one way or the other.
I am sure most of us here wish you well,(if you are who you claim to be) and would want the same if we ever found ourselves in your position. Please understand that some people might not believe who you are, and I would seriously consider not continuing any dialog on this forum because you may not want to see what some have to say.
EnFuegoUno is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2010, 12:13 PM   #37
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnFuegoUno View Post
I am sure most of us here wish you well,(if you are who you claim to be) and would want the same if we ever found ourselves in your position. Please understand that some people might not believe who you are, and I would seriously consider not continuing any dialog on this forum because you may not want to see what some have to say.
"most of us"? Who wouldn't?

As for what you posted.... On the contrary.
She should be giving every detail possible, staying in communication in every format possible, and interacting with the people that frequent that area.
If it were my son, I would be telling everyone every update and tiny piece of information that might help, no matter what people say.
Nobody was insulting her or her son, making light of the situation, or even blaming her or her family.
Not sure where YOU are coming from.
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2010, 02:24 PM   #38
BackRoadJPin
1995 Wrangler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Sad story no doubt - I think MissyP's efforts would be better served if the focus were not placed on negative comments on some BBS that I am certain the missing person was not even a member of. It's a cruel world and some might say cruel things but instead of expending energy and emotions only to distract from the main focus of finding the missing person no matter the state of life.

Best to ignore the negative, find and follow up on leads, FOCUS on the positive to help keep your spirits up. I think it would better serve the MissyP as mentioned before to have someone less emotionally involved searching the public and private forums so as not to distract from the focus.

With that said I truly hope you find closure.

It would be nice to have a link to the news article that actually got the facts correct, if it is helpful that is the information that should be pushed, not coming onto a site and defending yourself to strangers good or bad.

I wish you & yours the best in what I can only empathize must be the worst time in your life.

Last edited by BackRoadJPin; 03-29-2010 at 03:12 PM..
BackRoadJPin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2010, 03:02 PM   #39
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

wow...thats sad! my heart goes out to you

so he was out there alone? or with friends?? what part of the trail was his jeep found on, heart attack hill? was it out of fuel, blown out tire, etc? i'm just trying to sort out why the jeep was left. if the stories the media gave were incorrect, the real one would be nice to hear.
there were no calls on his cell leading up to him heading out there?

i really hope you find your son. ill be sure to pray for you tonight
Unread 03-29-2010, 03:11 PM   #40
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by premo View Post
wow...thats sad! my heart goes out to you

so he was out there alone? or with friends?? what part of the trail was his jeep found on, heart attack hill? was it out of fuel, blown out tire, etc? i'm just trying to sort out why the jeep was left. if the stories the media gave were incorrect, the real one would be nice to hear.
there were no calls on his cell leading up to him heading out there?

i really hope you find your son. ill be sure to pray for you tonight
Here ya go

WHAT HAPPENED TO MICKEY GUIDRY? SAN MARCOS TEEN WENT MISSING THANKSGIVING WEEKEND NEAR OCOTILLO CAMP IN ANZA-BORREGO; WHEREABOUTS REMAIN A MYSTERY | East County Magazine
Unread 03-29-2010, 03:15 PM   #41
BackRoadJPin
1995 Wrangler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

is this the story that got it correct or just another one that only has some truth to it? I would really like MissyP to follow up with a link to the correct story so that everyone has the facts, and if we are to repeat them then we can share a link to that same story.

Unread 03-29-2010, 03:24 PM   #42
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

exactly, i was hoping the mother would chime in..
Unread 03-29-2010, 04:14 PM   #43
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone Down View Post
is this the story that got it correct or just another one that only has some truth to it? I would really like MissyP to follow up with a link to the correct story so that everyone has the facts, and if we are to repeat them then we can share a link to that same story.
No idea. Its one of only a couple I was able to find. I'm sure everyone would like to hear her explain what has gone on. People have asked her repeatedly for it but it the requests have seemingly fallen on deaf ears.
Unread 03-29-2010, 04:29 PM   #44
BackRoadJPin
1995 Wrangler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeebs View Post
No idea. Its one of only a couple I was able to find. I'm sure everyone would like to hear her explain what has gone on. People have asked her repeatedly for it but it the requests have seemingly fallen on deaf ears.
Well without clarification is appears MissyP is only worried about ridicule than spreading the accurate news story.. I would be willing to share this information by posting the link as a heads up to my group of friends, family, etc.

However I don't want to be ridiculed and chastised for spreading false information.

I will keep an eye on this post and hopefully we get the link MissyP has mentioned.

Best of luck with this MissyP, hope it turns out for the better.

Unread 03-29-2010, 10:51 PM   #45
BRICKTOP2
Unhingd PigFeedng Gangstr

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
The Jeep community is an extremely helpful bunch of men and women that would go out of their way to help, especially to find a lost child.
I'll second that. The amount of humanity and charity I see in the Jeep community never ceases to amaze me.

MissyP, this place is tame compared to what you may encounter elsewhere. Any time you give a large group of people the ability to be anonymous and voice their opinion, you will find individuals who thrive on stirring the pot. You won't find too much of that here, but there are plenty of sites out there that will be full of these "trolls." I agree that having a friend search forum sites when you come across them is a good idea. In fact, as of today I'm going to start doing a search per day for his name myself. If I come across anything, I'll forward it.

As a father, I feel for you. Good luck.

...ps. Enough people here on jeepforum are aware of your situation. You don't need to be in this forum for anything other than to occasionally check your PM inbox in case someone happens to hear something. You can rest assured that you would be notified immediately of ANY word on his whereabouts on this forum. No point in hanging around waiting to see if some brand new member decides to make an inappropriate comment.

JK Build Thread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/3...-build-545214/
TJ Tub Trailerhttp://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f104/...tj-tub-568873/
BRICKTOP2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.