Odd missing person story - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > Odd missing person story

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHut

Unread 03-28-2010, 11:29 PM   #16
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissyP View Post
Doing a random google search on Mickey brought me to this forum.. And I have to say that some of the remarks from people are just disgusting~ NONE of you know the full story, only what you've heard from the media (which haven't been forthcoming with the FACTS). Did you ever stop to think that perhaps Mickey's family might read some of these comments...?

Yes...we do. and you just called my son "coyote food".. Just wanted to say thanks, I appreciate your humanity and support.
By the way, I am his mother.
First I want to say I hope you really are his mom, and not some sick troll trying to stir the pot.
If you are his mom....
I definitely wouldn't want to be in your shoes not knowing. But "coyote food" isn't the only thing I posted in that post. I highlighted below what else I said.
If he is still in the desert, which we ALL hope he isn't, and have said so in this thread as well as the other three threads on this forum alone.....

Sorry you were offended. I am just a realist having done search and rescue for years before.
As I said, I hope he's just a runaway and is hanging with friends.
We can only go by what information is given.
If you have more information you think will help, please post it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
Coyote food.

Hope it's just a run away case.
Quote:
Look for bleached out bones. He's been missing since Thanksgiving?
Lots of rain since then. The desert moves around a bit when it rains.
Hope they find him alive somewhere hanging out with friends.

RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2010, 11:31 PM   #17
flyboy14295
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Doing a random google search on Mickey brought me to this forum.. And I have to say that some of the remarks from people are just disgusting~ NONE of you know the full story, only what you've heard from the media (which haven't been forthcoming with the FACTS). Did you ever stop to think that perhaps Mickey's family might read some of these comments...?

Yes...we do. and you just called my son "coyote food".. Just wanted to say thanks, I appreciate your humanity and support.
By the way, I am his mother.
So if you would not like us to make harsh remarks about your son's case, instead of complaining about us, can you enlighten us as to what the real story is?

New York City EMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneJeeper View Post
I came into this world via broken rubber, i'm not going out the same way.
flyboy14295 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2010, 11:40 PM   #18
MissyP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraser_Brown View Post
Would you be willing to share the facts that the media has been "hiding"? It seems that a lot of people invested time, energy and money into this situation and it would only be fair that they have the facts themselves.
Who here has invested time, energy and money into it? The man calling my son coyote food who said to go look for his bleached bones?

I said they weren't forthcoming.. and one article in particular is nothing but a load of bs.
MissyP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2010, 11:43 PM   #19
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

We all hope they find your son safe. But the reality is it probably won't happen, the words Rik chose to use may be harsh, but unfortunately some of us have seen far more than our fair share of this type of thing and look at things a bit more "harsh" than the rest of the world. I'm certain that no one here is trying to cause you or your family anymore stress or hardship than you're already enduring.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2010, 11:44 PM   #20
MissyP

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy14295 View Post
So if you would not like us to make harsh remarks about your son's case, instead of complaining about us, can you enlighten us as to what the real story is?
Complaining, hardly. Disappointed in what people are saying, yes. Regardless of the situation, this is my son and he is missing~ not a day goes by where I don't wonder if he's dead or alive, and to see things that people say.... its just hard to believe some people can be so heartless.
What if it was your child and you read some of the comments? Would you just sit there and not be angry?
Unread 03-28-2010, 11:51 PM   #21
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Who here has invested time, energy and money into it? The man calling my son coyote food who said to go look for his bleached bones?

I said they weren't forthcoming.. and one article in particular is nothing but a load of bs.
I never said anyone here specifically, but two posters above you were enroute to go help, using their own vehicle and putting wear and tear on them, not counting the people who recovered the Jeep, the law enforcement officials who searched.

If the articles is BS, as you put it, why not remedy that by giving your side of the story. You have a free unedited and uncensored medium to do that, why not exercise that?
WhiteOut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2010, 11:54 PM   #22
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

So which part is "not forthcoming" and which part is "BS"?

Quote:
Quote:
One week earlier, detectives learned, Guidry’s stepfather reported his motorcycle stolen. Guidry had taken it joyriding on Ortega Highway in a state park in Riverside County. When it ran out of gas, he walked out and upon meeting up with a park ranger, made up a story that he’d been kidnapped, but escaped. The fib sparked a helicopter search for the kidnappers, until the teen confessed to a Riverside Sheriff’s deputy that the story was not true.
Quote:
Quote:
According to Detective Patrick Yates, “The Mom reported that had happened before that. Ours is perhaps the third or fourth time that he had taken a vehicle from the parents.”
Quote:
Quote:
“Thanksgiving weekend is the busiest of the year. Tens of thousands of people were in the desert…It’s likely someone would have come across him. If it was at night and he was on foot, someone could have given him a ride.” -- Detective Patrick Yates
Quote:
Quote:
On Saturday, the 28th, a family off-roading reported the Jeep abandoned, tire worn to the rim, along Fish Creek Wash, 22 miles along a rugged, rocky off-road vehicle trail on November 28th. They spotted it in the morning, but didn’t report it until 5:30 p.m., when Ranger Don Strampfer at Anza Borrego State Park confirmed the Jeep had been reported stolen. Guidry’s stepfather reported the Jeep stolen but declined to file a missing persons report on his son, believing the boy would return as he had in the prior joyriding episode.He'd asked permission to go camping for the weekend with friends, and when his parents refused, he took off in the Jeep.
A lot of people spent time and resources on this. If you have information they don't, YOU should be forthcoming about it.
I saw the threads about this on other forums, yahoo news, and the local TV media. What do you have that they don't?
RJC#512
Unread 03-29-2010, 12:03 AM   #23
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I've gotta' go to bed.
I hope you find your son alive and well.
I can only imagine what you feel.
RJC#512
Unread 03-29-2010, 12:08 AM   #24
MissyP

Quote:
First I want to say I hope you really are his mom, and not some sick troll trying to stir the pot.
If you are his mom......

Sorry you were offended. I am just a realist having done search and rescue for years before.
As I said, I hope he's just a runaway and is hanging with friends.
We can only go by what information is given.
If you have more information you think will help, please post it here.
"if" I wasn't his mother, I wouldn't be wasting my time with you people because believe me, our lives are upside down right now. I haven't slept a full night in 4 months, 1 week and 3 nights. Every day, we are looking at maps, speaking to the detective and search & rescue, dealing with nuts like psychics & crazy tips that come in (last week some man claimed he found my son's burial site off Pinyon Wash-- Doug and I spent HOURS out there alone trying to find my son's possible grave). Every day is this nonstop emotional rollercoaster, there are times where it feels like you just can't breathe..
The media has been ridiculous- out of all of the articles I've read, there has been ONE that has been 100% factual.. the rest have bogus quotes and "facts" in them.. People read those things and start pointing their judgmental fingers at us like "why didn't you do this?" "why'd you wait to do that?" etc... but the reality is we have been doing things all along. I went through the first 3.5 months of my son's disappearance alone, Doug was in Afghanistan, and I was dealing with police, school, family, even the dentist- who called me when the detective stopped by his office to pick up my son's dental records- on a daily basis.

I know my replies here have come off (probably) rude, but this has been a ridiculously hard situation. It was a FIGHT to even get the media interested in the first place-- I was emailing & calling them for months to get them to do a story on Mickey and they wouldn't even respond. Yet people sit there and say "oh mickey's mother did nothing" "why'd they wait 4 months?" etc
It feels like we have to defend ourselves everywhere we look..
Fine, there is a "reality" perspective~ don't you think we are aware of that?
Every day I wait for a knock at my door from the police to say they've found his body~ I live with that fear every second of my life..
Do you really think I need to get online and read about it too? Both Detective Yates and I routinely do web searches on Mickey, in hopes that someone, somewhere might know where is is and just haphazardly mentioned it online to someone, or just any random information that might lead to Mickey.
Sorry, I guess I'm just oversensitive when I see stuff like coyote food... even if the intent of the comment was a harmless dose of reality..
As for as his story, just take what the media says with a grain of salt. For example, when they say he's had previous runaway attempts-- its bogus. He took a motorcycle joyriding the week prior~ is that running away? Hardly.
Unread 03-29-2010, 12:14 AM   #25
StvDiego

Quote:
Who here has invested time, energy and money into it?
I have and will continue to do so if asked again.

I am truly sorry that you are hurt by the comments about your son. I can only say that I know Rik and I know he would never intentionally, nor knowingly un-intentionally, say or do anything to hurt any family.

We are all realists here and have considerable experience in the wilderness and many of us, myself included, know the area in which the Jeep was found as well or better as we do the block on which we live. Many of us, including Rik and myself also have considerable experience in search-and-rescue operations. My first trip to the area where Mikey was last seen was in the late '60's. I know this area and have worked searches there for decades. In that, we are also well aware of the result of many of those searches. The desert is a harsh and dangerous environment and while we hope for the best for Mickey, we are, again, realists from experience.

Having said that, the words you found offensive, while harsh, are, from our experience, realistically probable given the information we have been provided.

I too encourage you to give "the facts." There are indeed dozens of people on this and other forums, clubs and groups have given considerable time and effort to find Mikey and will continue to as long as needed. But be aware, while we are more caring than you may realize, we are a thick-skinned bunch and most of us can truthfully say we've seen it all and we will say it like it is, but that hardly means that we are uncaring.
StvDiego is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2010, 12:17 AM   #26
nwfjarhead
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
"if" I wasn't his mother, I wouldn't be wasting my time with you people because believe me, our lives are upside down right now. I haven't slept a full night in 4 months, 1 week and 3 nights. Every day, we are looking at maps, speaking to the detective and search & rescue, dealing with nuts like psychics & crazy tips that come in (last week some man claimed he found my son's burial site off Pinyon Wash-- Doug and I spent HOURS out there alone trying to find my son's possible grave). Every day is this nonstop emotional rollercoaster, there are times where it feels like you just can't breathe..
The media has been ridiculous- out of all of the articles I've read, there has been ONE that has been 100% factual.. the rest have bogus quotes and "facts" in them.. People read those things and start pointing their judgmental fingers at us like "why didn't you do this?" "why'd you wait to do that?" etc... but the reality is we have been doing things all along. I went through the first 3.5 months of my son's disappearance alone, Doug was in Afghanistan, and I was dealing with police, school, family, even the dentist- who called me when the detective stopped by his office to pick up my son's dental records- on a daily basis.

I know my replies here have come off (probably) rude, but this has been a ridiculously hard situation. It was a FIGHT to even get the media interested in the first place-- I was emailing & calling them for months to get them to do a story on Mickey and they wouldn't even respond. Yet people sit there and say "oh mickey's mother did nothing" "why'd they wait 4 months?" etc
It feels like we have to defend ourselves everywhere we look..
Fine, there is a "reality" perspective~ don't you think we are aware of that?
Every day I wait for a knock at my door from the police to say they've found his body~ I live with that fear every second of my life..
Do you really think I need to get online and read about it too? Both Detective Yates and I routinely do web searches on Mickey, in hopes that someone, somewhere might know where is is and just haphazardly mentioned it online to someone, or just any random information that might lead to Mickey.
Sorry, I guess I'm just oversensitive when I see stuff like coyote food... even if the intent of the comment was a harmless dose of reality..
As for as his story, just take what the media says with a grain of salt. For example, when they say he's had previous runaway attempts-- its bogus. He took a motorcycle joyriding the week prior~ is that running away? Hardly.
I don't want to come off as being harsh but you have been asked for your side of the story numerous times but we have yet to hear it? We are asking you to put the facts out here and you keep deflecting those requests. There are many great guys on this forum in your area that I am sure would love to lend a hand. Just give us the real story so we can help. I really hope your son makes it home soon and I do send my sincere wishes your way.
Unread 03-29-2010, 12:17 AM   #27
MissyP

According to Detective Patrick Yates, “The Mom reported that had happened before that. Ours is perhaps the third or fourth time that he had taken a vehicle from the parents.”

Bogus. Detective Yates will confirm that- I NEVER reported that it happened before... and he'd never taken a vehicle besides the motorcycle. THAT is an example of what I meant by not forthcoming~ the media had many inaccuracies & misquotes (the detective will tell you the same thing)-- most of them never spoke to me at all. They read other articles and picked out things from them that made it looked like there was controversy, drama, etc-- the things that sell stories. So for the person who asked for "my side of the story"-- there isn't a "story"-- its just correcting the media's "facts".
Mickey was not a saint~ he did take the motorcycle joyriding and like most 16 yr old kids, he did make some bad decisions. But the fact of the matter is that it's been nearly 4.5 months since he was last seen, and we don't know if he is alive or not. My only goal is to FIND him.. then everyone can judge his & our actions afterwards on websites like this. Help Find Mickey Guidry | Facebook is one of his facebook groups, inc ase anyone is interested. This has coordinates & maps from one of the searches Mickey Search
. This is is missing poster in case anyone wants to print it out and put up flyers http://www.magnuson-consulting.com/M..._vertical_.pdf

Unread 03-29-2010, 12:39 AM   #28
Angry_bald_guy
1985 J-Series Truck 

My thoughts are with you and the rest of your family, Mrs. Guidry.

[B]A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of the free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.[/B]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f271/matilda-928184/"][B]My Former Jeep[/B][/URL]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f57/build-up-jeanine-993071/"][B]My Current Jeep[/B][/URL]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B]JFI Member #13[/B][/COLOR]
[B][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f7/dont-dishonest-seller-860174/"]Report a scam on JeepForum.[/URL][/B]
Angry_bald_guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2010, 12:42 AM   #29
EJames1226
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Ill be out in the area this coming weekend and i plan to keep my eyes open, but what is there to look for after 4 months? Any footprints will be from other people searching, tire tracks from everyone searching.
Unread 03-29-2010, 12:47 AM   #30
turtlerace
Best taken in small doses

1979 J-Series Truck 

Missy,
If you would read the thread again, calmly, you would see that the guys here were not pointing an accusatory finger at you. They were pointing out that the media story doesn't add up and the facts seem to be contradictory. Now, you are here backing up their theory.
No one has any intent on pointing any fingers, we are all parents here, and just want to see your son returned to you (and hopefully in the best of health)!
Please be thankful that JBolty was clearminded enough to recall the original search and the irregularities in the story. That pushed him to post it up here for others in the area to see. Which in turn, brought you here. The guys on here from that area are some of the finest men on this forum and in this nation. They will do anything to help you. As all of us would if we were geographically able. Thanks to JBolty, many thousands of more eyes have gazed upon your plight.
Know that you go with our thoughts and prayers,
Jeremy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.