New to SD and Jeeps. - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > New to SD and Jeeps.

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 12-27-2012, 06:29 AM   #16
naplesjeeper
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Welcome, nice pics and amazing looking hummer too!!
I'm in spring valley, if you ever need something, I'm just up the road where 125 North meets 94 E/W

naplesjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2012, 12:19 PM   #17
brokenujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I wrote this HUGE suggestion then retracted it once I read that you have gotten your fill of dirt, rocks, and mud and now you just wanna play in the sand. Jeeps are good at dirt, rocks and mud and kinda suck in sand. Other than that, welcome to jeeping!

If you wanna play in the sand mildly, then your gonna at least have to get recovery gear 1st and formost. ARB's airbags work well for sand recovery, tow straps, ( a winch might be to heavy). Your gonna want a full cage to. A cb and a 4 pt harness to keep you inside if you should roll it. You dont have to get major hp out of your motor but will want to regear it so you have better power. A good set of spare sand tires will do wonders as well.
maybe get this instead if you only wanna play in the sand.
http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/mcy/3510529724.html
Unread 12-30-2012, 10:35 PM   #18
jkcrazyjim2
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I drive my Jeep in sand regularly and think it does just fine. It's more of just learning how to drive in the sand and you can never compare a Jeep with a sandrail. I grew up going to Glamis so it's probably an advantage for me. If you want to try your Jeep at Glamis My dad and I will be out Martin Luther weekend with our Jeeps, more than welcome to join us.
Unread 12-30-2012, 11:58 PM   #19
brokenujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Id love to but I think my tired ol engine wouldnt do to well out there. Tempting though.
Unread 12-31-2012, 12:19 AM   #20
alicethecat
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for all the advice guys! I'm ashamed to say that I after I tore it down and did a few things to it that it has sat in my garage untouched for months now. I think I have about 10 miles on her in 8 months now

I have it almost ready to monstaline the tub I just have to get motivated to actually do it. I have all the supplies now and no more excuses. I think I'm going to take this semester off and finish her up so I can enjoy it a little bit. After I line the tub I just have to do is open a bunch of boxes and put her back together!

If anyone wants to get a crash course in monstalining with me let me know! The beer and cocktails are always free!
Unread 12-31-2012, 06:35 AM   #21
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

everything you ever wanted to know about bedlining.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...nswers-532873/
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2013, 08:00 PM   #22
jkcrazyjim2
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicethecat View Post
If I take a few pics of underneath tomorrow in the sun would you be able to confirm this? Before I start ordering stuff I would like to know what I have. As I said this will be for my son and want it to be completely sorted and done right the first time. Thanks again for all of your help. I forgot to mention that I want this Jeep to be good in the sand. I have dreams of hauling it up to Pismo and other dune areas. I have had my fill of trails, rock crawling and mud. I don't know what trails look like here so I might change my mind but the sand is what I'm thinking.
Here's a video from last year, not the greatest but me and two other Jeeps at Glamis.

YouTube (Short URL)
?start=" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>
Unread 02-08-2013, 09:38 PM   #23
brokenujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Unread 02-08-2013, 11:44 PM   #24
jkcrazyjim2
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Click the link above the missing video and it'll take you to it. I don't know why it doesn't show up here.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.