New Jeeper in San Diego - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > New Jeeper in San Diego

Ring & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, BaStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 10-30-2010, 12:57 AM   #1
naplesjeeper
1999 TJ Wrangler 

New Jeeper in San Diego

Got stationed to the West about a month and finally got my jeep transported in. Originally from wet and muddy Florida, hence the screen name , looking to eventually get out and take a trail ride with some nice and realible jeepers. I hate the idea of people that ditch others while trailing; seen it done before, not to me, but does happen more than it should.

Got my rear posi-loked and 4.56 gears done, riding on 33" Dune Grapplers and 4" PC lift w/3" BL and the snorkle is a must in Florida but have yet to see one installed here in San Diego. Right now, I have to fix my Throw-out bearing because it's rattling when is cold and don't have the clutch pressed in, I might do a whole clutch that will hopefully include the bearing needed-lowest estimate I've gotten on the labor is $375, any better prices out there? lol.

Any how, name's Rich and I'm in the Spring Valley area.

I know this thread would be probably useless without a pic, so here it is:

Any input or ideas are always welcomed,
Thanks

Rich

naplesjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2010, 07:38 AM   #2
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Welcome to SD. You're just in time.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f262/...r-7th-1121576/

The jeep looks nice but we have no trees so you won't need the limb lifters and turn the snorkle backward to cut down on the dust getting in.

Never heard of anyone being left behind, though I'm sure it happens.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2010, 09:49 AM   #3
SDDAVE
2004 TJ Wrangler 

We never leave anyone behind. Usually the ones leading the way are the ones that break down. You will love the desert. Little or no mud, but tons of dust.
SDDAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2010, 12:35 PM   #4
Chris
Guy with jeep

1990 YJ Wrangler 

I'm ready when you are.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2010, 07:01 PM   #5
naplesjeeper
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Good to know no ones has gotten left behind!

That site with all the trails look pretty useful, if I knew where any of those were lol, I wouldn't go out alone anyways.

I was trying to install my stinger add-on to the stock bumper, but those damn tow hook torx screw were so rusted they borke and now 2 of 'em are stuck n have to figure out how to get 'em off tomorrow; other than that I wanted to replace the clutch before since the throw out bearing is making noises, but I'm pretty sure it'll be fine until I get the money to do a whole clutch.

When are you guys going out next?

Rich
naplesjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2010, 08:11 PM   #6
jeepnkal
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Next Weekend.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f262/...r-7th-1121576/
jeepnkal is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.