Need help! Dana 44 open carrier - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > Need help! Dana 44 open carrier

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 12-20-2013, 04:52 PM   #1
STGjeep
1999 WJ 

Need help! Dana 44 open carrier

First off I hope everybody is having a wonderful holiday season! Unfortunately I am having a hell of a time. I have my 99 WJ Limited at Pro Gear to have the rear axle redone (Normally do this sorta thing myself but I'm in the Military and none of my tools are here) and after tearing it down found that the carrier needs to be replaced. They are having a hard time finding a carrier for a Dana 44. They said he normally has an excess of Dana 44 parts lying around but no carriers! If anybody happens to have an open Dana 44 carrier lying around that they would love to part with (sell) please PM me, I have to get this thing together before Christmas. New one runs about 300 bucks and I am not liking that price for an open diff. Any help would be much appreciated!

STGjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2013, 05:16 PM   #2
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

I have a carrier at my house that I believe to be a D44. You're welcome to it.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2013, 05:25 PM   #3
STGjeep
1999 WJ 

Never mind, Progear sourced a carrier for me. Thanks for the offer though!
STGjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2013, 11:17 PM   #4
sdmoose429
2000 TJ Wrangler 

They have my old D44 open carrier

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.