Need Help With a 4x4 Conversion - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > Need Help With a 4x4 Conversion

Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 06-13-2010, 12:37 PM   #1
tock172
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Need Help With a 4x4 Conversion

Just as the title says, I need some help starting and completing a 4x4 conversion on my 1996 2WD XJ. I have an identical 4x4 96 XJ with a blown engine.

I have no date set as of yet. The purpose of this thread is to hopefully get a few guys committed to come helping me with this and getting a date set up. I should have most tools to complete this conversion at my house. Right now the XJ with the blown engine is sitting in my dad's truck yard in Kearny Mesa and I have been daily driving my green XJ.

If anyone would like to help, please either post in this thread or PM me. If you live a few hours away I do have 2 guest bedrooms in my house available.

I would like to have this conversion done before I leave for college in late August.

Thanks a lot guys I really appreciate it!

Unread 06-13-2010, 06:37 PM   #2
ankyle62
2002 TJ Wrangler 

seems like it would be easier to swap motors rather than the drive train.
ankyle62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2010, 03:04 PM   #3
1990JEEPXJ
1990 XJ Cherokee 

thing is, i doubt the donor jeep is half as clean as his current jeep.

My POS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
Yea, and I thought it was one of the 11 Commandments:
11) Thou shalt love, cherish, and honor till death, thine square headlights above all other earthy things sayith the Lord.
1990JEEPXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2010, 07:06 PM   #4
CostcoPizza
Fresh Baked

1998 ZJ 

I can lend a hand.
CostcoPizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2010, 08:01 PM   #5
-ExDementia-
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amauri View Post
I can lend a hand.
I love the sig dude that's hilarious
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'" [B]- George Carlin[/B]

[B][SIZE="3"]Click [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/search.php"]HERE[/URL] for the elusive search button everyone talks about.[/SIZE][/B]
-ExDementia- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2010, 03:10 PM   #6
tock172
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990JEEPXJ View Post
thing is, i doubt the donor jeep is half as clean as his current jeep.
Yup you're exactly right, the donor is a total piece of junk. I don't even know if the transmission is in need of a rebuild or not. With the shape the rest of the Jeep is in, I think it might.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.