Mudding - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > Mudding

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 01-22-2013, 10:39 PM   #1
bengee
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Mudding

I know that rainy season has almost come and gone in this area. But for those of us who just want to get a little mud on our tires, is there any really great area to have a ball?

I've got a few friends with Jeeps who would love to dirty their rigs up a bit. Thats really all we are looking for

bengee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2013, 11:55 PM   #2
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

A bit of a drive, but you may want to try Azusa Canyon: http://ohvguide.com/maps/azusacanyon.htm

Not my cup of tea these days, but I have had fun there in the distant past (mid 70's).
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2013, 10:40 AM   #3
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Mudding down here blows. its mostly sand and hard packed crap. good luck.
Unread 01-24-2013, 01:47 AM   #4
brokenujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
A bit of a drive, but you may want to try Azusa Canyon: http://ohvguide.com/maps/azusacanyon.htm

Not my cup of tea these days, but I have had fun there in the distant past (mid 70's).
I grew up near Azusa.... Dont waste your time. Yeah you'll get your fill of mud but it's mostly nothing but 12 ft tall chevy's. Used to be fun but now its just a bunch of drunken morons for the most part. You'll be spending two days getting that crap out of every crevis of your rig... Here's a shot of me many yrs ago.. Still rock'n the same jeep....
Unread 01-25-2013, 08:43 PM   #5
bengee
2003 TJ Wrangler 

its been raining all day... there have got to be some spots out there locally that are just giant mud pits. not looking for anything awesome lol just a mud lot
bengee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2013, 08:55 PM   #6
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

We have "mud" up here in Crest. It's enough to coat everything with a layer of dirt, but nothing like thick clay.

-1989 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L, soon to be 5.2L
-1996 Jeep Grand Cherokar 5.2L, donor and rainy day driver
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2013, 09:32 PM   #7
brokenujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

you could probably find this in Corral Canyon.. I did... sidenote: it wasnt fun.
It was fun until my front end went over a log and my rear end went into a hole.... Nothing a winch and getting down to your underwear and jumping into razor sharp icewater cant fix. funny thing is that I HAD to do it with phone in hand to take a picture. Otherwise it never happened.. Sad thing is that some old lady drove by in a cherokee and looked at me rather oddly while i was in my boxer briefs with a rather non-complimentary man part nearly showing, soaking wet in 37 degree weather while holding a phone. I wish she would of took a pic and sent it to me. She asked if I need help and I said no politely.. My inside voice was screaming for her to get lost!!!
Unread 01-27-2013, 10:37 AM   #8
SlowandLow
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenujoint View Post
you could probably find this in Corral Canyon.. I did... sidenote: it wasnt fun.
It was fun until my front end went over a log and my rear end went into a hole.... Nothing a winch and getting down to your underwear and jumping into razor sharp icewater cant fix. funny thing is that I HAD to do it with phone in hand to take a picture. Otherwise it never happened.. Sad thing is that some old lady drove by in a cherokee and looked at me rather oddly while i was in my boxer briefs with a rather non-complimentary man part nearly showing, soaking wet in 37 degree weather while holding a phone. I wish she would of took a pic and sent it to me. She asked if I need help and I said no politely.. My inside voice was screaming for her to get lost!!!
Too funny! I was wondering where the driver was when I seen the first pic.
SlowandLow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2013, 02:18 PM   #9
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

^^ lol!!!!! where at CC was this? down towards the campground?
Unread 01-27-2013, 02:33 PM   #10
brokenujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

just past the sheriff's special training compound.. about a mile from the main road. I went out there on a day off just to poke around. On the way out I saw a small lil water crossing. It was completely covered in an ice sheet.. Well while going through it it was breaking up and it put a serious drain on my jeep. I downshifted and pressed on. Then suddenly it dropped off about 2 ft deeper then my front end went up and then back down and then lost traction. I quickly popped the front ARB on, hit reverse and then went fwd again. Only to get stuck. A log behind my front and my rear was spinning in a hole someone else got stuck in.. A big oak tree was in front of me but it was FAR. About 80 ft far. I barely had enough wrap on the winch to keep a pull thank God!.
SOOOO, I had to get out, jump in while dodging ice as sharp as a razor , walk over and winch the tree, get back into the water to my driver seat, winch out and then get out again. It was #$%#$% cold! I was soaked. Then I had a 40 mile drive home w/o a top on... I learned my lesson.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.