Local stuff for sale/stuff wanted/free stuff - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > Local stuff for sale/stuff wanted/free stuff

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Reply
Unread 09-04-2012, 05:09 PM   #91
Omelet
Evil Overlord!
 
Omelet's Avatar
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: San Diego, CA.
Posts: 5,225
I have been putting this off for far too long now, but she needs to go! I am selling my '91 XJ I have the title but it hasn't been registered since '06 when it failed smog. I haven't ran it since July '08. It has just been sitting outside my house this whole time getting pushed from one parking spot to the next. I have kept the tires inflated and I roll it from spot to spot to keep them from deforming. The tires and rear axle are the newest thing on her (plus the intake which was never used). The tires have maybe 2k miles and the rear only has about 50 miles. The Jeep as a whole is right at 100k. I can't remember a lot of what it has, but here is a list of what I do:

-4.0L I6 with auto tranny
-NP231 t-case with SYE
-Ford 8.8 with 31 spline shafts, Trac-loc, disc brakes, and 4.56 gears
-Rugged Ridge steering kit
-Rubicon Express track bar
-Iron Rock 6" coils with a 2" spacer
-TeraFlex lower long arms
-Currie upper arms
-35x12.50R15 BFG M/T tires on Aluminum wheels
-Brand new AFE intake (I installed it a couple years ago when I was going to get it going and registered again, but never did)
-Performance Distributors Firepower Ignition kit
-Jet stage 2 chip
-Ported and polished TB with a Rusty's spacer
-Surco Safari rack (in the garage)

Most of the cooling system is new. There is a new 3 core radiator, hoses, and thermostat with a high flow housing. The water pump isn't new, but it only has about 10k miles on it. It also has an aux tranny cooler. Under the Jeep right now is a D30 HP with the disconnect, but I have a non-disco (I think '97) HP in the garage. I also have a set of 4.56 gears and unit-bearings for it in the garage some where, but I can't find them right now. I will include them when I get to them, I need to clean out the garage I will also include a newer style intake manifold ('97+ I think) along with anything else I have that is XJ related.

Right now I really just want this thing gone! So I am asking $2K for everything to whoever wants to come and get it. I am not against parting it out, but I would like to try and sell it as is first. Any takers?!

img_2810.jpg   img_2806.jpg   img_2807.jpg   img_2811.jpg   img_2802.jpg  

img_2799.jpg   img_2814.jpg   img_2813.jpg   img_2808.jpg  
__________________
See How It Was Made

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-04-2012, 07:17 PM   #92
calsouthjeep
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: San Diego, California
Posts: 601
If you part it Ill take the tires/wheels and the steering setup. If I had the room id take the whole thing but I just don't have the room
calsouthjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2012, 12:54 PM   #93
Grewe02
Guns > Swords
 
Grewe02's Avatar
1980 CJ5 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: San Diego, Kalifornia
Posts: 4,562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet View Post
I have been putting this off for far too long now, but she needs to go! I am selling my '91 XJ I have the title but it hasn't been registered since '06 when it failed smog. I haven't ran it since July '08. It has just been sitting outside my house this whole time getting pushed from one parking spot to the next. I have kept the tires inflated and I roll it from spot to spot to keep them from deforming. The tires and rear axle are the newest thing on her (plus the intake which was never used). The tires have maybe 2k miles and the rear only has about 50 miles. The Jeep as a whole is right at 100k. I can't remember a lot of what it has, but here is a list of what I do:

-4.0L I6 with auto tranny
-NP231 t-case with SYE
-Ford 8.8 with 31 spline shafts, Trac-loc, disc brakes, and 4.56 gears
-Rugged Ridge steering kit
-Rubicon Express track bar
-Iron Rock 6" coils with a 2" spacer
-TeraFlex lower long arms
-Currie upper arms
-35x12.50R15 BFG M/T tires on Aluminum wheels
-Brand new AFE intake (I installed it a couple years ago when I was going to get it going and registered again, but never did)
-Performance Distributors Firepower Ignition kit
-Jet stage 2 chip
-Ported and polished TB with a Rusty's spacer
-Surco Safari rack (in the garage)

Most of the cooling system is new. There is a new 3 core radiator, hoses, and thermostat with a high flow housing. The water pump isn't new, but it only has about 10k miles on it. It also has an aux tranny cooler. Under the Jeep right now is a D30 HP with the disconnect, but I have a non-disco (I think '97) HP in the garage. I also have a set of 4.56 gears and unit-bearings for it in the garage some where, but I can't find them right now. I will include them when I get to them, I need to clean out the garage I will also include a newer style intake manifold ('97+ I think) along with anything else I have that is XJ related.

Right now I really just want this thing gone! So I am asking $2K for everything to whoever wants to come and get it. I am not against parting it out, but I would like to try and sell it as is first. Any takers?!
Makes me wish I were Jeep shopping! Hope it goes to a good home
__________________
Andy, KD8EIA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetscuh
I've had a crush on the Prius since it's debut. I got somethin' wrong upstairs.
Grewe02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2012, 01:33 PM   #94
premo
Registered User
1992 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: san diego, ca
Posts: 3,667
What's the issue with the smog? Other then that, any known (major) mechanical issues?
__________________
They speak of my drinking, but they never consider my thirst
-Scottish proverb
premo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2012, 03:37 PM   #95
Grewe02
Guns > Swords
 
Grewe02's Avatar
1980 CJ5 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: San Diego, Kalifornia
Posts: 4,562
I have a stock JK front bumper for sale, also open to trades. Give me an offer and we'll go from there. This is a friend of mine's and he upgraded. Nothing wrong with it, just some dented in plastic. All metal / supports are intact.




Edit: Buy my ****!

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/pts/3252640873.html
__________________
Andy, KD8EIA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetscuh
I've had a crush on the Prius since it's debut. I got somethin' wrong upstairs.
Grewe02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2012, 04:33 PM   #96
Grewe02
Guns > Swords
 
Grewe02's Avatar
1980 CJ5 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: San Diego, Kalifornia
Posts: 4,562
Dug out my old post from the retired thread. Still have both of these:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f262/...l#post13560478
__________________
Andy, KD8EIA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetscuh
I've had a crush on the Prius since it's debut. I got somethin' wrong upstairs.
Grewe02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2012, 07:19 PM   #97
Omelet
Evil Overlord!
 
Omelet's Avatar
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: San Diego, CA.
Posts: 5,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by calsouthjeep
If you part it Ill take the tires/wheels and the steering setup. If I had the room id take the whole thing but I just don't have the room
I am hoping it wont come to that, but we will see.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Grewe02
Makes me wish I were Jeep shopping! Hope it goes to a good home
Thanks bud


Quote:
Originally Posted by premo
What's the issue with the smog? Other then that, any known (major) mechanical issues?
I honestly don't remember. The exhaust is a little beat up and is probably not worth keeping. It could be anything though. As for known issues it has been sitting for so long now that all the fluids need changing, probably to include most of the seals and gaskets since there are a few leaks. After that it will need to be manually turned over, again because it has been sitting. I was pretty bad with electrical back in the day, so I am sure you would want to replace all the aftermarket switches and wiring that was done. Oh, the speedometer was acting up at the end. Sometimes it wouldn't work when I would start driving then suddenly start a little while later. I had bought a used instrument cluster and was going to swap it in at some point, by never did. It is still sitting in the back of the Jeep. The only issue with that is the new cluster has too many miles on it compared to the Jeep. Also the dash lights had gone out so I bought a white face gauge inserts and installed them so I could see the gauges. It used to have a pillar pod with 3 AutoMeter gauges in it, but someone tore it out one night Thats all I can think of right now. Sorry for the hazy details it has just been too long since I have thought or cared about it.
__________________
See How It Was Made

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2012, 12:32 PM   #98
premo
Registered User
1992 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: san diego, ca
Posts: 3,667
Ok. A buddy of mine is car shopping right now. He was looking for a GT but dude likes the Jeep scene too. I'll hit him up. Thanks for the info. Oh yea, are you pretty firm in price? The price seems very reasonable, buy just in case he asks.. :-)
__________________
They speak of my drinking, but they never consider my thirst
-Scottish proverb
premo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2012, 07:44 PM   #99
Omelet
Evil Overlord!
 
Omelet's Avatar
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: San Diego, CA.
Posts: 5,225
Ya I don't want to go under $2K. I think it is a fair price.
__________________
See How It Was Made

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2012, 10:42 AM   #100
premo
Registered User
1992 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: san diego, ca
Posts: 3,667
Sounds good. Also, do you know about how far the back registration is?
__________________
They speak of my drinking, but they never consider my thirst
-Scottish proverb
premo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2012, 06:04 PM   #101
Omelet
Evil Overlord!
 
Omelet's Avatar
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: San Diego, CA.
Posts: 5,225
The last time it was registered was in 2006. I went in and got a temp slip in July 2008 when I was going to try fixing it. At that time I paid something like $300 for that, but I doubt that counts for anything. If I sell this to someone who plans to get it back up and run then that will be awesome, however I was more envisioning someone buying it for the parts and it eventually dwindling away. I assume the registration isn't going to be cheap!
__________________
See How It Was Made

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2012, 09:20 AM   #102
wtracing
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Carlsbad, CA
Posts: 195
I have a 1974 cj5 for sale. Asking $4500 obo. The jeep is in great condition except for a knock in the engine. The jeep was a barn find with 52k miles so it has very little rust and mostly stock. Registration and title is good. Working on the for sale ad but wanted to get the word out locally first. Message me if interested.
wtracing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2012, 07:02 PM   #103
TJRoberto
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: San Diego, California
Posts: 1,561
My buddy is looking for a YJ hardtop. If you guys have one or knows of one that is being sold please let me know
TJRoberto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2012, 07:22 PM   #104
calsouthjeep
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: San Diego, California
Posts: 601
there a ton on craigslist
calsouthjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2012, 08:31 PM   #105
Omelet
Evil Overlord!
 
Omelet's Avatar
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: San Diego, CA.
Posts: 5,225
The XJ is still available if anyone is interested!
__________________
See How It Was Made

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.