Local machine shop CA? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > Local machine shop CA?

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-22-2014, 04:58 PM   #1
svshaw82
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Local machine shop CA?

Hey guys. Anyone know of a local machine shop with good prices? Near Escondido CA? Or in the San Diego area at all?

Need my block bored out, and local HDS wants almost $400 just to get to the point.

svshaw82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2014, 08:52 PM   #2
Scatcrappee

Check out Volkswagen paradise in San Marcos, I've had a couple of heads done there
Scatcrappee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2014, 09:15 PM   #3
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

I had my engine rebuilt at Kenyon Machine a few years ago. Good guys and reasonable.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2014, 11:45 PM   #4
sdmoose429
2000 TJ Wrangler 

T C Machine in Miramar. Tony does work for exotic race teams as well as production stuff. 619-997-9573.Great work at a fair price.
Unread 04-25-2014, 08:27 AM   #5
svshaw82
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks guys! Yeah I had VW Paradise do my cylinder head. Wasn't really happy with them. The hot tank job was shabby, lots of dirt and grease still left on the head. Plus the guy that did the machine work gave me one price over the phone, and even higher after I brought my head in.

When I said that's not what was quoted over the phone, he fought me on it. I ended up paying $30 more dollars for everything done. Needless to say, I won't be going back to VW Paradise.

I will give those other places suggested a call. Thanks guys!
Unread 04-25-2014, 03:20 PM   #6
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I know it's not around here (about 100 miles away ) but Graves engine machine shop in Upland CA is off the hook!!! They did all my machine work when I was doing a 4.6 stroker (which I later sold).. They do anything from Camry engines to 454's. About as stand up as it gets.. If you ever get out that way it's well worth it to have them do your work..
brokenyoujoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2014, 11:44 AM   #7
svshaw82
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty
I had my engine rebuilt at Kenyon Machine a few years ago. Good guys and reasonable.
I just dropped my block off there... Gave me a good price on boring. Also still has the soda cleaner for hot tanking! Greg was a really nice guy, here's hoping! :-)
Unread 05-26-2014, 10:37 AM   #8
svshaw82
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Great service! Kenyon Machine wins my vote. Great people, great pricing! Got my block bored, honed, tanked (with the soda wash), and cam bearings replaced for $275!

Can't beat that! Nice people to talk to as well. I love sharing a little chat with people over just being rushed out the door. Felt like not just another customer, but a person having a conversation. Great job Greg!

Kenyon Machine! A++
Unread 05-28-2014, 02:37 AM   #9
ONOJP

Got work done at Kenyon and its highly recommended! Greg takes pride in his work and he is a freakin cool dude, overflowing with car knowledge! 100% best machine shop
ONOJP is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.