Lake Morena Camping? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > Lake Morena Camping?

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 11-28-2009, 01:09 PM   #1
cvd
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Lake Morena Camping?

Has anyone been to Lake Morena campground lately? I'm wondering if it's a nice place for the family to spend a couple days over the holidays. I read somewhere that it's become run down, the lake is dry, it's not safe to leave sutff there, etc. This surprises me. I've always found San Diego country campgrounds well maintained.

Cliff

cvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2009, 04:08 PM   #2
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I think Steve (StvDiego) would be the resident expert on Lake Morena camping. I can't imagine that lake is much of a lake anymore really. It was low in the past and we haven't had a whole lot of rain lately.
Unread 12-03-2009, 04:40 PM   #3
cvd
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Steve sent me a PM, saying it was just ok...that the campground hosts let things get out of control when he was last there. I'm going anyway, shouldn't be to noisy mid week.

I'll be with a small group, but will be the only 4x4. Anyone interested in a Bronco Peak/Sidewinder trip on Dec 29 or 30?
Cliff
cvd is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.