Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

JK lift opinions

1K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  brokenyoujoint 
#1 ·
Hi guys new to this I just got me a 2012 JK and I would love to do a lift just not sure what to get. I always wanted a vehicle with a lift so I would love a great lift that lasts a long time preferably 5 years at least. I was recommended the teraflex 3" lift so I did some research so I think I want there 3" lift with 8 flex arms. So any recommendations would be great I also want to run 35s on my JK. Thanks

#8 ·
speaking from MY personal experience. Don't buy a teraflex lift or anything else else of theres for that matter. Overpriced dog ****. Do your homework, and buy it ONCE!!! If the nice one is expensive, there's a reason... It works... Dont skimp and buy the 1/2 arse one because you'll just be buying 2 lifts at the least...What are your goals with your jeep anyways? to use/abuse or to just clear some street tires?

#14 ·
I did talk to ORW here in San Diego they did recommend teraflex and rock crawler. I would like a lift that won't void my warranty since I only have 19,000 miles. I plan on enjoying the roads as well as some occasional off-road once I meet some more off road guys. I have joined the san diego jeep club on Facebook and they have occasional runs. I was looking at the teraflex with the 8 flex arms and 3" lift then some mickey Thompson wheels and prolly mickey Thompson Baja mtz tires. Unless there is something better out there. I would love to do it all myself and stick around a 5k $ budget for lift tires and wheels if possible so keep up the information so I can learn some more before I purchase. Thanks guys.

#16 ·
dealers will say 1 of 2 things. 1) they will warranty a lift that THEY install. Mind you, it'll cost you about 1500 just for labor and about 2x the normal price for a lift that will suck anyways((probably a Rancho lift)) )... 2) They might say that they will only warranty a lift that they sell and installed by one of their 3rd party installers( Dick Cepek is one)... Then after you have a 14.00 hr mechanic who can care less about your rig because he has child support to pay installs your lift (incorrectly) and you have an issue, don't be surprised if that warranty you protected.........is void.

Ask me how I know

If you want a lift, do it right, have a garage wrenching party and say screw the warranty. My tj is 17 yrs old and to this day I wouldnt need anything covered by a warranty. You don't think that 35's, and ANY sign of offroading would void that warranty anyways?

#17 ·
I put a lift on my JK and they pretty much wouldn't warranty crap suspension/axle related after that. Seems like common sense stuff to me, but whatever. I had some other misc issues I had to bring it in for that was covered though. 2 dr as well. I had a 6"(?) Skyjacker mid arm, Rock Krawler tie rod, 513s, 35s etc. That whole track bar bracket deal (poly perform?) and some other odds and ends that I honestly don't recall at this point. Did all the work myself. It did pretty darn well for what it was. I feel as though I could run circles around it in the station wagon now though lol

Highly recommend those neoprene seat covers btw. If i were to do it again, I would have gone another route. I also didn't have as much $$ at that point to build either so it was a def budget build. I got the lift off a buddy and pieced the rest together.

Stay away from ProCrap track bars. Wow is all i have to say, talk about flimsy. I ran another one that i can't for the life of me remember off the top of my head but would know it if I heard it. It too was a huge POS.

#18 ·
your drivetrain will be warranted. Your brakes which are only for a yr anyways wont, axles wont.. Who cares.... Emissions, engine, trans and case will still be covered.. Do it once and do it right. The way you talk you want a mild lift that you assume the dealer will respect. Your opinion to theirs. Then after you pay $$$ for a mild lift, a few yrs later you'll want another.. Wasted money.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.