JK lift opinions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > JK lift opinions

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHut

Unread 05-14-2014, 02:50 AM   #1
Bens2012JK

JK lift opinions

Hi guys new to this I just got me a 2012 JK and I would love to do a lift just not sure what to get. I always wanted a vehicle with a lift so I would love a great lift that lasts a long time preferably 5 years at least. I was recommended the teraflex 3" lift so I did some research so I think I want there 3" lift with 8 flex arms. So any recommendations would be great I also want to run 35s on my JK. Thanks

Bens2012JK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2014, 09:41 AM   #2
nuthead
2012 JK Wrangler 

Currie Lift. Will ride like a Cadillac
Unread 05-15-2014, 04:38 PM   #3
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

or a Cadillac lift. It'll ride like a Currie..
brokenyoujoint is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-18-2014, 10:19 AM   #4
SDDAVE
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I have had my OME lift on my TJ nor for about five years. Im satisfied with it.
SDDAVE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-18-2014, 08:57 PM   #5
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Take the stock *** Jeep and wheel the snot out of it first. You'd be thoroughly surprised at how hard it is to get them stuck if you just use your head

-1989 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L, soon to be 5.2L
-1996 Jeep Grand Cherokar 5.2L, donor and rainy day driver
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-18-2014, 09:27 PM   #6
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I could get a stock jeep stuck in about 2 minutes... Then again I dont wheel fire roads.
Unread 05-18-2014, 10:02 PM   #7
Brut4ce
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bens2012JK View Post
Hi guys new to this I just got me a 2012 JK and I would love to do a lift just not sure what to get. I always wanted a vehicle with a lift so I would love a great lift that lasts a long time preferably 5 years at least. I was recommended the teraflex 3" lift so I did some research so I think I want there 3" lift with 8 flex arms. So any recommendations would be great I also want to run 35s on my JK. Thanks
Sounds like ORW quoted you....lol

Do a search and decide for yourself there's a lot of good lifts that aren't carried local....synergy, Metalcloak, rockkrawler etc....

[B][COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"]BUILT FOR THE ROCKS BUILD[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/built-rocks-2101897/"][B][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="5"]CLICK HERE[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/URL]
Brut4ce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2014, 12:02 AM   #8
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

speaking from MY personal experience. Don't buy a teraflex lift or anything else else of theres for that matter. Overpriced dog ****. Do your homework, and buy it ONCE!!! If the nice one is expensive, there's a reason... It works... Dont skimp and buy the 1/2 arse one because you'll just be buying 2 lifts at the least...What are your goals with your jeep anyways? to use/abuse or to just clear some street tires?
Unread 05-19-2014, 10:27 AM   #9
nuthead
2012 JK Wrangler 

http://shop.savvyoffroad.com/product.sc?productId=104
Unread 05-19-2014, 10:52 AM   #10
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuthead View Post
he has a jk, not a tj/lj

maybe this one http://shop.savvyoffroad.com/product...3&categoryId=2 assuming it's a 4 dr.. He didn't say. And for 2300.00 that's one hell of a nice lift. Everything you need minus shocks.... so figure another 900-1000 for good shocks.
Unread 05-19-2014, 10:44 PM   #11
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenyoujoint View Post
I could get a stock jeep stuck in about 2 minutes... Then again I dont use my head.
Fify

-1989 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L, soon to be 5.2L
-1996 Jeep Grand Cherokar 5.2L, donor and rainy day driver
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2014, 12:20 AM   #12
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Been studying your Internet acronyms I see....
Unread 05-20-2014, 09:32 AM   #13
nuthead
2012 JK Wrangler 

Currie 4" lift with Fox shocks
a2.jpg   a3.jpg  
Unread 05-21-2014, 03:13 PM   #14
Bens2012JK

I did talk to ORW here in San Diego they did recommend teraflex and rock crawler. I would like a lift that won't void my warranty since I only have 19,000 miles. I plan on enjoying the roads as well as some occasional off-road once I meet some more off road guys. I have joined the san diego jeep club on Facebook and they have occasional runs. I was looking at the teraflex with the 8 flex arms and 3" lift then some mickey Thompson wheels and prolly mickey Thompson Baja mtz tires. Unless there is something better out there. I would love to do it all myself and stick around a 5k $ budget for lift tires and wheels if possible so keep up the information so I can learn some more before I purchase. Thanks guys.
Unread 05-21-2014, 03:56 PM   #15
Bens2012JK

I have a 2 door jk sorry

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.