JJs Fab? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > JJs Fab?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 03-12-2011, 06:12 PM   #1
cvd
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

JJs Fab?

San Diego buddies,
Have any of you dealt with Jason Maycock or Mark Needham? Im thinking about a transmission Mark posted on Craigslist. He said he works with his brother Jason (no idea why the last names are different) at JJs Fab in Tijuana.

There were a couple very negative posts on him a couple years ago. Im looking at a trans that supposedly has 80k miles. If true, it's likely OK. But it could also have 300k miles and I wouldnt know until too late. Has anyone dealt with either of these two recently? Comments?

BTW - he will deliver the trans (I'm not going across the border).

Thx,
Cliff

cvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2011, 08:17 PM   #2
StvDiego

I can only speak from past experience as I haven't seen or talked with Jason in at least three years.

He started a business down here and was doing some great fab work. To give him the benefit of the doubt, and from conversations I had with him, he made some poor business/partner/financial decisions and came up short. As a result he left several customers hanging and, to put it lightly, didn't practice good communication skills.

To make matters worse he later set up shop at HardRock4x4, a place that is run by someone who is not so affectionately known in these parts as The Jeep Nazi. To say he is not highly thought of would be an understatement and Jason's reputation suffered further as a result..

Jason is a very nice guy, great fab skills, but as a business person (and as a psuedo-member of the Jeep community) he has been lacking.

I wonder not only why he is now in Tijuana, apparently doing business, but more importantly, what is the supply source for what I assume is a Jeep trans in Tijuana?

Personally I would not buy anything Jeep-related from TJ. Far too many Jeeps are stolen in SD and elsewhere and stripped in TJ for me to take a chance on supporting that trade. For all I know that may be Bransfords tranny

On a side-note, what kind of trans are you after?
StvDiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2011, 09:34 PM   #3
cvd
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the feedback. He claims the trans came from his grandfathers 97 XJ and has 80k easy miles. Maybe true, maybe not. I think I'll keep shopping.

I’m looking for a late 90’s to 2001 XJ AW4 trans to swap into my TJ.
cvd is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.