Jeeps vs. Superstition Mt OHV 4/17-19 - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > Jeeps vs. Superstition Mt OHV 4/17-19

G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 04-08-2010, 08:24 PM   #16
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Gunna' be mounting some D-rings on Richie's Jeep in case he gets hung up next weekend. 31's should be OK, but you never know. I think three of us that are going have winches.

So Jeff, you never said what else we should bring for food.
Betsy is making her world famous potato salad for Saturday night, but should we bring extra eggs and maybe some turkey bacon or some fresh squeezed orange juice?
Lemme' know how much to pitch in for the turkey too.

RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2010, 08:56 AM   #17
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
Gunna' be mounting some D-rings on Richie's Jeep in case he gets hung up next weekend. 31's should be OK, but you never know. I think three of us that are going have winches.

So Jeff, you never said what else we should bring for food.
Betsy is making her world famous potato salad for Saturday night, but should we bring extra eggs and maybe some turkey bacon or some fresh squeezed orange juice?
Lemme' know how much to pitch in for the turkey too.
I usually bring some egg beaters and sausage for making breakfast burritos; if you want to be in charge of that then it's one less thing for me to have on my list.

Right now I'm thinking I might bring the smoker instead of the fryer but in either case I'll have enough of some sort of cooked meat to feed a small town on saturday. Potato salad is good too. I think with all that and assorted snacks we will almost certainly not go hungry.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2010, 08:36 PM   #18
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I'm not really equipped to cook large amounts of food, but I don't mind bringing fixings for it. Egg beaters? We having tofu sausage too?
I still need to make sure my holding tank is empty and stock up on food, but other than that I'm ready to go.
RJC#512
Unread 04-09-2010, 09:32 PM   #19
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I'm not really equipped to cook large amounts of food, but I don't mind bringing fixings for it. Egg beaters? We having tofu sausage too?
I still need to make sure my holding tank is empty and stock up on food, but other than that I'm ready to go.
That's right, I said egg beaters. They are fairly cheap, can be frozen, keep well and no shells to break in the cooler. That and some farmer john sausage makes a darn good camp breakfast wrapped in a tortilla.

you can bring the mimosas too.
Unread 04-09-2010, 10:48 PM   #20
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Don't know about the mimosas, but I like Captain Morgan and Coke or some margaritas make Betsy crazy. Well... crazy-er.
Anybody bringing a guitar so we can all sing Cumbaya?
RJC#512
Unread 04-11-2010, 02:59 AM   #21
NateWithoutBeer
1993 YJ Wrangler 

New guy here. My jeep's never been dirty (except some big mud puddles in Mexico), but looking to change that. She's a 93 YJ 6cyl auto mostly stock w/ 31s. PO had some kind of lift and I just replaced the springs (3.5" superlift) and shocks so she's riding pretty high now.

The wife says I can't do any more upgrades until something breaks so it's time to break something.

I know nothing about offroading but looking to change that too. Been wanting to head out with some good knowledgeable, safe people. Not sure I can talk the wife into the trip next weekend, but supposin' I could, what do I need to join y'all?

I've got a CB, hi jack, tube bumpers (SRC classics front & read with D-rings ordered but won't be here until after the 20th), camping gear and a couple of 5 gallon gas cans.

Quote:
Don't know about the mimosas, but I like Captain Morgan and Coke
I'd be happy to pitch in a handle of Captain for some company and advice.

Nate
NateWithoutBeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2010, 08:46 AM   #22
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by njovin View Post
New guy here. My jeep's never been dirty (except some big mud puddles in Mexico), but looking to change that. She's a 93 YJ 6cyl auto mostly stock w/ 31s. PO had some kind of lift and I just replaced the springs (3.5" superlift) and shocks so she's riding pretty high now.

The wife says I can't do any more upgrades until something breaks so it's time to break something.

I know nothing about offroading but looking to change that too. Been wanting to head out with some good knowledgeable, safe people. Not sure I can talk the wife into the trip next weekend, but supposin' I could, what do I need to join y'all?

I've got a CB, hi jack, tube bumpers (SRC classics front & read with D-rings ordered but won't be here until after the 20th), camping gear and a couple of 5 gallon gas cans.

I'd be happy to pitch in a handle of Captain for some company and advice.

Nate
Welcome, see you there. All you need to join in is curiosity of "hey, I wonder where this goes?" and a very brief and nearly painless initiation.
Unread 04-11-2010, 10:03 AM   #23
StvDiego

Quote:
I know nothing about offroading but looking to change that too. Been wanting to head out with some good knowledgeable, safe people.
And you want to go with us

Quote:
Not sure I can talk the wife into the trip next weekend, but supposin' I could, what do I need to join y'all?

Nate
Tell the wife you're going out to dinner, put her in the Jeep and drive out. It wouldn't be a total lie, we are having dinner...

Another Nate? So I suppose you get to be Nate With a Jeep in San Diego, the other Nate is???
StvDiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2010, 10:14 AM   #24
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
Welcome, see you there. All you need to join in is curiosity of "hey, I wonder where this "XXXX" goes?" and a very brief and nearly painless initiation.
Notice how he didn't insert the word 'trail' where the "XXXX" is in that sentence?

Welcome, and bring bandaids.
RJC#512
Unread 04-11-2010, 02:22 PM   #25
StvDiego

I'm planning on camping closer to the trails than we do during the annual run. last time out we came across an area just past where Wheeler Rd curves around and become Imler Rd. There's plenty of flat spaces and gets us closer to the trails.

The area will be about here: +32° 56' 2.45", -115° 47' 49.10" (32.934013, -115.796973)

As always, look for the RV with the Jeep flags, I may go out Thursday afternoon and grab a spot, set up defenses, lay out the mines, the usual...
StvDiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2010, 07:41 PM   #26
Chris
Guy with jeep

1990 YJ Wrangler 

I should be there as long as I can talk the other half into it and find some hidden change somewhere. Damn Obama forgot my check!
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2010, 10:28 PM   #27
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I should be there as long as I can talk the other half into it and find some hidden change somewhere. Damn Obama forgot my check!
Glad to hear you're going to make it Chris. You should get a tow bar and tow your Jeep behind the fifth wheel just because you can. That would look cool. Then you could put Richie's Jeep inside your trailer and your quads and my quads and my kids' quads and Matt's motorcycle. See if you can make it at least ten miles on one tank of gas.
35 foot trailer, plus another 15 feet for the truck, plus the Jeep on a tow bar would be 15 feet, so 65 feet works out perfect for the legal limit in California.
Do it! I dare ya'.
RJC#512
Unread 04-12-2010, 08:14 AM   #28
Chris
Guy with jeep

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Glad to hear you're going to make it Chris. You should get a tow bar and tow your Jeep behind the fifth wheel just because you can. That would look cool. Then you could put Richie's Jeep inside your trailer and your quads and my quads and my kids' quads and Matt's motorcycle. See if you can make it at least ten miles on one tank of gas.
35 foot trailer, plus another 15 feet for the truck, plus the Jeep on a tow bar would be 15 feet, so 65 feet works out perfect for the legal limit in California.
Do it! I dare ya'.
As long as you are paying for the gas I'm in.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2010, 08:50 AM   #29
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
As long as you are paying for the gas I'm in.
If my Obama check gets here by then, you're on.
RJC#512
Unread 04-12-2010, 02:22 PM   #30
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

if i can get my FWD working in time i might try and meet you guys out there. i was going to head out to my dads this weekend but plans changed. i'll probably have my dogs w/me so no dune jumping

i just need to swap out my front yoke so it shouldnt be to big of a deal....my only concern is getting the one off the old axle with no spanner wrench to keep it from spinning. weee

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.