I need a shop recommendation; Am I asking too much? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > I need a shop recommendation; Am I asking too much?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 12-05-2013, 12:03 PM   #31
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

buy spring retainers if you're worried about that...and limit straps lol

I'm guessing there was no real "DW" to begin with, just a terrible shake. there's a huge diff

Unread 12-05-2013, 12:32 PM   #32
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

yep
brokenyoujoint is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2013, 01:53 PM   #33
matteo92065
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenyoujoint View Post
the currie trackbar has more flex than your draglink end at the pitman arm does. Dont be fooled by the "more flex is best " on a tj either. It's only as good as long as your springs are seated. Once your springs unseat flex is worthless.
Why was MIT even suggesting that you needed this stuff anyways? I thought your DW was in your tire balance?
Good point with the draglink-pitman arm joint. Its not easy to spot because of the rubber cover.

MIT provided a quote for installation of 1) RE track bar and 2) New Monroe steering stabilizer (he knows the damping is heavy on those units)

They recommended I have my tires 'Trued' and rebalanced by another local shop.

MIT was saying that the single shear bolt has flex in it that will allow the front end to have DW. The RE track bar is in double shear and has a stiffer frame side bracket.

2005 Jeep Rubicon
matteo92065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2013, 02:00 PM   #34
matteo92065
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by premo View Post
buy spring retainers if you're worried about that...and limit straps lol

I'm guessing there was no real "DW" to begin with, just a terrible shake. there's a huge diff
It was for sure DW. No doubt. The shake is so violent that the front end would not be attached to the rest of the jeep if allowed to continue more than 10 seconds. So violent that it would have guaranteed worn ball joints, rod ends and bearings after 6 seconds. I've never stood on a vehicles brakes, as hard as I have, trying to get myself out of DW. Never.

2005 Jeep Rubicon
matteo92065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2013, 02:02 PM   #35
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

DUDE! whatever you decide to do drive over to La Mesa (my house) and we will put it together for free. I think the #1 thing you need to do is stop going to shops. As for a steering stabilizers they are only band aides. A properly set up front end, you won't even need one. If you wanna spend 50+ bucks on a steering stabalizer get a Rancho 5000. If your shock is stock then yeah I say get one, if it's not and its an aftermarket, take it off, collapse and extend it to make sure it's good. If it is, throw it on and forget about it. Worry about the other stuff.
The crappier it drives on the road the better it performs off road!

Get your jeep over here some time for about a 1/2 day and we'll go through it . Im off the 8 and Spring St
Unread 07-14-2014, 01:33 PM   #36
charleskent29

Is anyone on here still in the area? I'm new here and need some help ASAP!
charleskent29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2014, 04:11 PM   #37
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

what's the problem?
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2014, 12:03 AM   #38
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

what up?
Unread 07-15-2014, 11:26 AM   #39
charleskent29

I drove my jeep from Vegas Sunday and when I stopped for gas I notice some red rust color fluid on my driver side fender, so I opened my hood to find that my radiator fluid had came up thru my reservoir. Now let me add that at no point did my jeep run hot nor did he oil pressure go up or down! Once I notice this I put water in the radiator just to make it home, about another 2.5 hours! Once I got home I decided to flush the system, change the thermostat and radiator cap just to do it. When I opened up the drain oil came out, instantly I thought head gasket but remember it didn't get hot nor did I lose oil pressure! So I continued to flush the system with some radiator cleaner and finished yesterday, but yesterday when I was letting it idle with the heater on like the directions said my jeep actually ran hot! So immediately shut it down and let it cool! Once cool I burped the coolant system and I flushed the heater core, when i flushed the heater core oil came out. Another thing I forgot to mention is when I got back home from Vegas there was water on the passenger side floor board, I wrote that off cause I had my a/c on. Now once I flushed the heater core I put coolant back into the radiator and now she runs fine again. I even drove it to work this morning and it didn't go over 210! What us thought? Sorry if I was all over the place I'm flying to san Clemente island,lol! On a side note I'm new to jeeps but I'm not new to the basics,lol!
charleskent29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2014, 12:12 PM   #40
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

sounds like a head gasket along with a bad heater core.

Is there water in the oil?
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2014, 04:26 PM   #41
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

check your oil for coolant. Usually if you have oil in your coolant, you'll have coolant in your oil and by having that, you've got a blown head gasket as senior Jeffe mentioned. Lucky for you jeeps arent that hard to work on and being a inline 6 or 4 (you didn't say) it's not TO hard to pull, repair, replace. If you do change your head gasket you're gonna need to drop the head at a engine shop for a mag/tank and resurface and to see if she's warped. Good time to do a mild port and a 3 angle valve job, and maybe a better exhaust to ...

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.