HP30 swap - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > HP30 swap

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 12-31-2012, 12:35 PM   #1
brokenujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

HP30 swap

Looking for someone (will pay with jokes, beer, pizza and money) to swap out my LP30 on the tj for a HP30. Everything is swapping over except for a new 4.88 gears and 4130 inner axles and a rebuild kit. Running an ARB and Warn 27 spline 5x4.5 hub kit. Looking to weld on all new (stronger) mounts and do a exterior tube reinforcement and truss. Still need to source parts so looking for a post TDS project.

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Unread 12-31-2012, 05:43 PM   #2
StupendousMan

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenujoint View Post
Looking for someone (will pay with jokes, beer, pizza and money) to swap out my LP30 on the tj for a HP30. Everything is swapping over except for a new 4.88 gears and 4130 inner axles and a rebuild kit. Running an ARB and Warn 27 spline 5x4.5 hub kit. Looking to weld on all new (stronger) mounts and do a exterior tube reinforcement and truss. Still need to source parts so looking for a post TDS project.

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
Just a few questions

Quote:
new 4.88 gears
Take it to your closest gear guy and have him install them. you need a good amount of tools, knowledge, and patience to set up gears. I know a guy in yorba linda if you are interested that sets them up for 150 with the axle out and no gear oil (you supping the parts).

Quote:
Looking to weld on all new (stronger) mounts
Why what is wrong with the mounts on there now? Where are your currie (or insert brand) LCA mount mini skids in the list of things?

Quote:
do a exterior tube reinforcement and truss
On a 30 why? unless you plan on jumping your rig and then you got LOTS of other stuff to fix before you truss and and tube reinforce.
StupendousMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2012, 06:24 PM   #3
brokenujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for questions /advice.. Yorba linda is MUCH to far. Im in San Diego But thank you.... Nothing wrong w/ stock mounts except I want JJ mounts. I didnt list all my parts but skids are in the equation. Opted not to do a external tube reinforcement & do an inner. They just press in & weld. Adds 1/4" of beef= 1/2 walls.. Why? Because I bent my housing & I dont jump on it & it still bent. For 150.00 the inners are WORTH it to me. Lasted me since 97 so I doubt I'll destroy it if its beefed.

Also looking for my rear 44 to get work done for a 4 link rear set up & want to outboard the shocks & raise the arm mounts as well.
Unread 01-01-2013, 12:15 AM   #4
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I might be able to help. PM me a number & I'll give you a call.
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2013, 10:05 PM   #5
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

PM received & answered. I'll call you tomorrow.
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.