Hitch - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > Hitch

** FALL SALE on all Jeep Optic Armor Windshields **Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 01-31-2012, 01:45 AM   #1
lazebum
2001 WJ 

Hitch

Howdy!
Well it has happened, my time in the Marine Corps has come to a close so i need a final favor form my cali brothers. I need a receiver hitch for a 2001 WJ if someone has one laying around for cheap. I have to drive back to VA next wed and would like to tow a trailer with my motorcycle and tools and some household goods home. Thanks!!!

01 4.0 WJ - Kolak Brake upgrade, Addaco rear sway bar, 3' OME springs, JKS Adj Track Bar, Bilstine Shocks, MOOG Steering Stablizer and TRE's, IRO SYE front kit with a Double Cardan drive shaft, DANA 44a rear swap, booster seat, 7yrold Son, "Don't Tread On Me" Sticker and plates, oh yeah that is how i roll!!
lazebum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2012, 04:50 PM   #2
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Last I knew there's some sort of hitch sitting in my yard but I thought someone was supposed to come get it weeks ago.

Anyone know about that thing?
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2012, 06:46 PM   #3
lazebum
2001 WJ 

Is it still there? Also where can i find the wiring harness for the jeep at? Dealer wants like 207.00 and that is a bit crazy. Or am i better off buying an aftermarket one and splicing it in?
01 4.0 WJ - Kolak Brake upgrade, Addaco rear sway bar, 3' OME springs, JKS Adj Track Bar, Bilstine Shocks, MOOG Steering Stablizer and TRE's, IRO SYE front kit with a Double Cardan drive shaft, DANA 44a rear swap, booster seat, 7yrold Son, "Don't Tread On Me" Sticker and plates, oh yeah that is how i roll!!
lazebum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2012, 09:13 PM   #4
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

I remember now. It's a hitch from a TJ. No idea if it will fit your vehicle but maybe you can research that.

I'm 75% sure that someone had posted a few weeks ago wanting it but I forget who or what the deal was.

Bueller??
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2012, 07:01 AM   #5
StvDiego

It is indeed a TJ hitch. joeyk803c said he wanted it, last I heard was 1-13-12 and he was going to come and get it, hasn't made it yet, he's taking his timew apparently

Pretty sure it won't fit a grocery getter. Might be worth checking at Ecology, maybe get lucky and find one at 1/2 price
StvDiego is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2012, 02:58 PM   #6
joeyk803c
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Yep that was me. Sorry guys. Been busy, and well, broke. I'll give you all a heads up with the next week or so. Just waiting on my tax return.
joeyk803c is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2012, 05:28 PM   #7
StvDiego

^^Busy and broke, understand that all too well. It's a sitting there waiting for you
StvDiego is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.