HAM Radio Class - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > HAM Radio Class

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 04-12-2013, 09:12 AM   #16
sdmoose429
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4Outcast View Post
I think I had better study a LOT more.... 12 questions and I only got 2 correct.... not good

Some day I will get my General though
Read the study guide first, then, just to REALLY feel bad; try the Extra questions!

Unread 09-01-2013, 01:00 AM   #17
kuruma
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Revival: So what's the benefit in running a ham on top of a CB? And is there any interference between that and the CB that needs to be dealt with?
kuruma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2013, 07:29 AM   #18
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

The range. If someone gets hurt and you need to call for help you can reach out to just about the whole world.

They seem to work fine together. Different freq range

I still haven't done this class
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2013, 03:27 PM   #19
sdmoose429
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Jeff, there is one this Saturday. There is an app for smartphones that drills you on the tests and it's FREE!

Kuruma, Lilke Jeff said, the range, but there is SO much more than that. The transmissions are much clearer than CB. There are many more frequencies to use, there are less people using them, those that are using them are much more polite than the Icecream man and all those other skip freaks.
It's also fun to get to know a group of people that use one repeater, we call it a "net". I've made a lot of new friends and met more Jeepers in the year that I have been talking on it than I can count. If you want to check it out sometime, PM me your phone # and we can set something up.
Oh yeah, there is even an off roading net on Thursday evenings. Check out www.oausa.net for details.
Unread 12-10-2013, 12:11 AM   #20
sdmoose429
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Ta Dah!!

Well gang. I passed my Amateur Extra test Saturday. That is the highest license you can get for ham radio. I now have the added responsibility to help new hams and those interested in ham to learn more about it.
Unread 12-11-2013, 07:04 PM   #21
CRAWLING 98
Rock Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Congratulations Moose.

I still want to get my Extra someday

still have to work on the General

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.