half price day at ecology - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > half price day at ecology

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsWe have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 03-22-2011, 07:08 PM   #1
'92 vegas YJ
R.I.P. Ratmonkey

1992 YJ Wrangler 

half price day at ecology

just wanted to let everyone know april 2nd and 3rd will be half price day at ecology.

if the funds will allow and they have what i want hopefully i will be picking up my 8.8

-chris

April 2012, May 2013, May 2014 YJ of the month
'92 vegas YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2011, 08:50 PM   #2
StupendousMan

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Chris, what does the 8.8 run now days? [at ecology]
StupendousMan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2011, 09:48 PM   #3
StvDiego

They're @ $190 out the door on a half-price weekend.

If you plan on replacing the rotors/drums, brake pads/discs, pull them off before you pay for it. Ecology will charge you for every nut, bolt and part they can. When they list their prices for a "complete axle" that's just the housing, shafts, gears and diff cover, guess they don't want trails of grease,, The price does not include things like brakes, steering components or anything else external that could be removed.

There were tons of 8.8's the last time I was there a few weeks ago, which means there won't be any now

And just for info:

Chula Vista Domestic
825 Energy Way
Chula Vista, CA 91911
(There's another Ecology across the street from this one, it's all foreign autos)

Brown Field
1180 Heritage Road
San Diego, CA 92154

Oceanside
2315 Carpenter Road
Oceanside, CA 92054
StvDiego is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2011, 08:09 AM   #4
'92 vegas YJ
R.I.P. Ratmonkey

1992 YJ Wrangler 

when i went about 2 weeks ago they said they were like $245 out the door at the regular price. so i figured about $125 or so for half price day.

but i guess $190 still isnt bad

April 2012, May 2013, May 2014 YJ of the month
'92 vegas YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2011, 08:30 AM   #5
StvDiego

Nice, hopefully they dropped the price. I've helped pull three out of there, will probably be there pulling another this sale.

Hopefully they'll be some HP30's there. Also looking for a king-pin D60
StvDiego is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2011, 10:37 AM   #6
StupendousMan

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks, not that I have any money nor, need a rear axle, (front someday/but not sure if a junk yard will have anything that will work, other than a HP30) just wondering the prices, haven't been to a junk yard in over 13 years, when I was in H.S.
StupendousMan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2011, 04:29 PM   #7
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

They cut the parts prices in half for the sales but they still charge the full amount for core, enviro fees and tax so the deals are not all that huge. At least not worth buying stuff you were not planning on getting anyway.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.