Good body shop in San Diego - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > Good body shop in San Diego

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 11-13-2008, 02:30 PM   #1
bjjfoshizzy
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Good body shop in San Diego

Picked up some white factory half doors last week that I need to be painted black. I considered doing this project myself but it would probably be safer to go with a professional job as these will be my everyday doors. If anyone has any recommendations on a good body shop in the san diego area please let me know the name and number if you have it. I'd like to swing it by and see what they would charge for the paint job. Thanks.

bjjfoshizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2008, 02:26 PM   #2
bjjfoshizzy
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Place next to Off Road Warehouse wanted $250 for each half door. They are white and BRAND new. Looks like the TJ will be looking like a police vehicle for a while w/the all black body and the white doors...
Unread 11-14-2008, 03:05 PM   #3
rrisher
1987 YJ Wrangler 

To me $250.00 for each half door seems a bit steep.

I know im not in SD but I had to get my doors repainted because when I instaleld new hinges i das hinge marks as the new ones were a bit of a diferent shape. I was charged $300.00 for both and it was good quallity.
rrisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2008, 05:18 PM   #4
bjjfoshizzy
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah I have a friend back in the midwest who does custom paints. He said he only charges $200 for both doors if they are in good condition... no rust, etc. I'm going to keep looking. If anyone knows of a shop, drop me a line. Or, if you've done a project like this before yourself we can throw some beers back one day and get it done.
Unread 11-18-2008, 05:41 PM   #5
Don X

I wouldn't stop after the first estimate....check a few more.....if you're flexible maybe you can have them do it on a stand by basis when they're not as busy
Unread 11-19-2008, 12:42 PM   #6
bjjfoshizzy
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, I have another month here so I'm going to check around. There has to be someone who charges less than $250 per door...

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.