Front DS swap from Hard Rock 4x4 - experience? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > Front DS swap from Hard Rock 4x4 - experience?

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Jeep Wrangler Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontJeep Grand Cherokee Window Regulator

Unread 08-09-2010, 10:09 AM   #1
NateWithoutBeer
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Front DS swap from Hard Rock 4x4 - experience?

Since the Aussie install I need to fix my front vibes. Was looking at getting the shaft balanced ($90 from East County DS) but now I'm considering installing a CV front from a TJ (with new yoke on the TC). This setup from Tom Woods would run about $360. I called Hard Rock 4x4 down in Otay and they said they can set me up with the front CV and yoke for $225. Guy seemed pretty knowledgeable. My questions are:

Anybody deal with these guys?
Does this sound like a good idea?

NateWithoutBeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2010, 10:21 AM   #2
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

He has pretty much cornered the market for used jeep parts in San Diego. I gave up trying to buy anything from him a long time ago because he normally charges close to dealer prices but I have never heard anything negative otherwise.

Go in with cash and make a deal.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2010, 10:23 AM   #3
TJRoberto
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I have gone to Hard Rock 4x4 in Otay a couple of time. They are a junkyard that only carry jeep and old toyota 4x4 vehicles. so what ever they sell you. you can also get in another yunk yard a little cheaper. and the new parts they sell are somewhat like ebay quality parts, so you might try to search on online first.
TJRoberto is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.