Fresh water fishing spots in and around SD? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > Fresh water fishing spots in and around SD?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 07-10-2010, 07:51 PM   #1
jeepnkal
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Fresh water fishing spots in and around SD?

Anyone know any good fresh water fishing spots around town? I am gonna have a couple of weeks off soon and im trying to pre-plan some stuff to do.
Preferably a place i could drive my Jeep right up to the bank and relax (but with a decent bite) and cast out.

Thanks in advance and if there are any other Jeepin Fisherman that would like to join me, please let me know.

jeepnkal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2010, 08:00 PM   #2
moonshinefuel
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I think people fish in Lake Jennings, in Lakeside don't they? That's a nice lake. Might have to pay a couple of bucks to get in though.
moonshinefuel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2010, 09:13 PM   #3
StvDiego

Freshwater Fishing in San Diego

Someone's Top Ten San Diego Lakes List
StvDiego is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2010, 09:16 PM   #4
jeepnkal
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StvDiego View Post
thanks Steve.
Unread 07-10-2010, 09:27 PM   #5
StvDiego

The world record bigmouth bass was caught in SD, lots of good fishing...

I used to fish Cuyamaca a lot, I worked there in high school back in the old days, good bass

If you camp at the Lake Jennings campground you can fish on their side of the lake with no fishing fee

There's also a county campground at Lake Morena (right below Corral Canyon). The best camping spots are the first few on the left, walk to the lake in the morning, wheel in the afternoon and then a little sunset angling.

Some spots at Otay on the north side are a short walk from parking spots

SD County has a campground at Guajome, just east of O'Side. There is a small lake there, tons of bluegill, some bass and cat, sort of meh fishing last I heard

Better list:

Clickable Links to SD Lakes and Fish Reports
StvDiego is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2010, 09:38 PM   #6
jeepnkal
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StvDiego View Post
The world record bigmouth bass was caught in SD, lots of good fishing...

I used to fish Cuyamaca a lot, I worked there in high school back in the old days, good bass

If you camp at the Lake Jennings campground you can fish on their side of the lake with no fishing fee

There's also a county campground at Lake Morena (right below Corral Canyon). The best camping spots are the first few on the left, walk to the lake in the morning, wheel in the afternoon and then a little sunset angling.

Some spots at Otay on the north side are a short walk from parking spots

SD County has a campground at Guajome, just east of O'Side. There is a small lake there, tons of bluegill, some bass and cat, sort of meh fishing last I heard

Better list:

Clickable Links to SD Lakes and Fish Reports
Thanks again Steve!
Unread 07-10-2010, 09:58 PM   #7
EJames1226
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I'll go fishing kal, I've been wanting to fish forever
EJames1226 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2010, 10:06 PM   #8
jeepnkal
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJames1226 View Post
I'll go fishing kal, I've been wanting to fish forever
Right on man, we will have to set something up then. If not next weekend, then the weekend after. Do you have a place in mind?

Last edited by jeepnkal; 07-10-2010 at 10:06 PM.. Reason: forgot something
Unread 07-10-2010, 11:30 PM   #9
EJames1226
1998 TJ Wrangler 

The only place I go is ocean beach pier and lake hodges, we'll have to research.
EJames1226 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2010, 03:25 PM   #10
SDDAVE
2004 TJ Wrangler 

For Trout I have allways had good luck at Poway Lake, and Miramar Lake. You fish from the shore there. For Bass I would go to Lake Hodges, but you will need a boat. Gettin kind of late in the season for trout. They like colder water.
SDDAVE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2010, 07:24 PM   #11
RacnJasn
2001 TJ Wrangler 

My family has always gone to Jennings, Miramar, Poway, Morena, and Cuyamaca. We have had pretty good luck at all of them even Santee. Only good thing about Santee is no licence required just a permit. But hell any day fishing is better than work something my Pops always said. I just started to understand what he meant.
[CENTER][COLOR="Yellow"][SIZE="5"]Yellow Jeep Club #48[/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
RacnJasn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.