Forest Trails Please - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > Forest Trails Please

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 06-10-2014, 11:30 AM   #61
Chris
Guy with jeep

1990 YJ Wrangler 

My jeep is still sitting in Big Bear from that last little jaunt we had. Probably has a dead battery and flat tires by now. when is the next trip?

Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-10-2014, 12:16 PM   #62
Motorep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by premo View Post
Yea, possibly in two years so my wife can get her PhD. There's only alittle under a dozen places to get it and they're all either really cold and miserable in the winter, San Bernardino or Greenville SC. I refuse to move from San Diego to San Bernardino. I moved here to get away from the cold so that rules out northern Michigan, New York or Kansas lol from what I can tell online Greenville looks nice, affordable and plenty of jobs. But I've never been. What's the wheeling like? Much hiking and rock climbing/bouldering? I take it hunting and fishing is good?
Hunting and fishing is just incredible. You have warm water species in most of the lakes and nearby white water rivers for trout. I'm a fly fisherman so that's my preference. Plenty of hiking and great mtn biking in that area as well.

Wheeling has gotten better but it's mainly parks or OHV areas. It's not like out here where you can do a multi-day run like on the Mojave or Bradshaw Roads. There's just more population and smaller areas back there so you're gonna come across a road, town, or posted property pretty quick.

Even though my wife's family is in Charleston I'd prefer to move to the mtns of NC. Again, I prefer fishing for trout and rivers so that's my choice. There's just so much to do there and Charleston and the coast is only 4-5 hours away.
Unread 06-11-2014, 03:37 PM   #63
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Ah, ok. I figured the hunting and fishing are incredible. That's good to hear. I had suspected the same about the wheeling. What's the terrain like? Hen you say parks or OHV, do you have to pay to play, or is it open? Some good rocks like here or a combo kind of like up north? Please tell me its not all mud lol

Have you been to Greenville? If it happens, that's the town we'd be going to. I'm curious what the local scene is like: the people, food, music, demographic (anything but mobs of hipsters is acceptable, I'm dying here! lol) etc. I really don't know much about that area.

Appreciate the info

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.