Forest Trails Please - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > Forest Trails Please

Engo LED Flush Mount Lights *PAIR* Flood or Spot 1,600 LumYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 05-29-2014, 07:55 PM   #46
Rrw600
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Kevin, glad to hear you are going to be able to make it. It's shaping up to be a nice group. I can't wait. I haven't been out since March.

Rrw600 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-29-2014, 11:10 PM   #47
luckybudyo
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I'm going to take the initiative now to put together my video from my last outing before I left Florida. It's only taken me 2 months haha
luckybudyo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-30-2014, 09:44 AM   #48
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Ron, the last time I went out was at the last Superstition run.. I'm in the same boat...Just been working overtime and paying off lingering debt that wont go away unless I go boo-ku aggro on it...
On a side note: I guess I must be tired after working all night but I'd been planning on changing my radiator fluid... Last week I bought some antifreeze. Today on the way home from work I stopped at Albertsons and bought some distilled water. I get home, pull the jeep out, run it till it's hot (with the cap off), shut it down and drained the fluid. I pull out the antifreeze, grab the water hose (insert stupidity here ) and proceed to give it the 50/50 fill job... Thinking I did a good job, I put the jeep back in the garage, get out of it, walk around to the other side, look down and say... SOB!!!!!.... That's how tired/stupid I am this morning. I guess my jeep will just have to deal with San Diego tap water for awhile....... Anyways, I'll be working 11 hrs tonight, getting home, loading up and heading up to CC in the morning. I'd better be in a better state of mind than this.....
brokenyoujoint is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-30-2014, 10:23 AM   #49
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

You need to develop a meth addiction to offset the lack of sleep you get on the regular. Just sayin
Unread 05-30-2014, 06:09 PM   #50
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

naw. I'm getting pretty good at it.. Was looking fwd to 4 days off and now my manager calls asking me if I want OT on Sunday for 8 hrs.... Cant pass up 400.00 bucks pre Sam.
Unread 05-30-2014, 06:19 PM   #51
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

So Ron want's to meet up at 4 corners around 915 930..... For those who haven't been to Corral Canyon or 4 corners trail head, I'll be at the Valero gas station off Tavern Rd at 800 til 820. highway 8 to tavern rd, go left over the freeway and it's on the left. They have breakfast burritos and coffee/drinks/ice/etc.. That gives 40/45 minutes to get to four corners..
Unread 05-30-2014, 07:02 PM   #52
Rrw600
1997 TJ Wrangler 

You best git you A$$ to 4corners by 915 otherwise you'll be looking for trails. I have to get back in time to scare the S@#$ out of the boy that wants to take my little girl to prom
Rrw600 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2014, 11:32 AM   #53
Motorep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckybudyo View Post
Okay, I'm gonna post another dumb question. If there's no forest within a day trip's distance, water crossings anyone?!? I know, I know; it doesn't rain in San Diego.
You could do Nate Harrison Grade off of the 76. It starts off in the valley and then climbs to the top of Mt. Palomar. You'll have plenty of trees when you get to the top.

BTW, where in SC are you from???
Unread 06-06-2014, 09:15 PM   #54
luckybudyo
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Spartanburg. Are you familiar?
Unread 06-06-2014, 10:49 PM   #55
Motorep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Spartanburg. Are you familiar?
Spent 16+ years in Charleston and married a Carolina girl. I'm quite familiar with Spartanburg. Used to go to NC to mtn bike and kayak and the drive up the 26 sucked until you got up that way!!!
Unread 06-08-2014, 08:25 PM   #56
luckybudyo
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Yessir. My wife went to College of Charleston. Small world.
Unread 06-08-2014, 10:10 PM   #57
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Do either of you know much about Greenville?
Unread 06-09-2014, 09:21 AM   #58
Motorep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Yessir. My wife went to College of Charleston. Small world.
Every now and then I see a woman with a C of C hoody in the Poway area. Kind of rare for sure! Wife got her bachelors at Charleston Southern and her Masters from University of South Carolina. Or as I like to say, "The real USC!"
Unread 06-09-2014, 09:25 AM   #59
Motorep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by premo View Post
Do either of you know much about Greenville?
That's where most of the company's that invested in SC moved in the '80's and '90's. Really nice area and it's in the foothills of the Blue Ridge mtns. Now it seems Rock Hill (south of Charlotte NC) is the hot spot. Charleston has always had decent jobs due to the military and shipping jobs. The new Boeing plant is in North Charleston now so that's helped that area a ton.

Looking at a move???
Unread 06-09-2014, 09:37 AM   #60
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Yea, possibly in two years so my wife can get her PhD. There's only alittle under a dozen places to get it and they're all either really cold and miserable in the winter, San Bernardino or Greenville SC. I refuse to move from San Diego to San Bernardino. I moved here to get away from the cold so that rules out northern Michigan, New York or Kansas lol from what I can tell online Greenville looks nice, affordable and plenty of jobs. But I've never been. What's the wheeling like? Much hiking and rock climbing/bouldering? I take it hunting and fishing is good?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.