Fabrication Shop - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 09-14-2017, 08:56 PM Thread Starter
95GRNZJ
2008 JK Wrangler 

Fabrication Shop

So before you blast me, I did a good amount of snooping and wasn't able to find what I am looking for. Which is a recommendation of a shop local in San Diego that has experience fabricating axles to work under a Jeep JK or a Jeep in general.

I am currently looking to have a Dana 60 and a 14 bolt installed on a 4 door Jeep using the Artec 1 ton swap trusses. So experience welding to axle tubes without bending them is a key component to my search.

If anyone has a recommended shop or local welder, I do appreciate it.

08 JKU
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 09-15-2017, 12:53 PM
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Why would you get blasted?

There does not seem to be many specialty shops around, at least not any that people talk about. Lots of guys use MIT in el cajon or Old Iron, also in El Cajon; I'm sure either of them could do that or give advice. I would steer clear of 4 wheel parts or ORW

This place exists in San Marco but don't know anything about it http://thejeepshack.com/

"The right to be heard does not necessarily include the right to be taken seriously." —Hubert Humphrey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 Old 09-15-2017, 04:11 PM Thread Starter
95GRNZJ
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
Why would you get blasted?

There does not seem to be many specialty shops around, at least not any that people talk about. Lots of guys use MIT in el cajon or Old Iron, also in El Cajon; I'm sure either of them could do that or give advice. I would steer clear of 4 wheel parts or ORW

This place exists in San Marco but don't know anything about it http://thejeepshack.com/
Thank you for the suggestions. I actually did give MIT a call and get their opinion on the install, and I spoke with Jeff who seemed knowledgeable. I'll give Old Iron a call, haven't heard of them before.

I appreciate it!

08 JKU

post #4 of 6 Old 09-16-2017, 10:01 PM Thread Starter
95GRNZJ
2008 JK Wrangler 

Just in case anyone else had some input, here is the list of requirements for what I'm looking to get done...

Shave Front and Rear Differentials - 14 Bolt and Dana 60
Install Gears
Weld Truss w/ control arm mounts (comes as kit)
Weld High Steer Front Steering (comes as kit-ish)
Modify current Driveshafts
Install and align under vehicle

08 JKU
post #5 of 6 Old 09-20-2017, 08:04 PM
WJDesertRacer
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95GRNZJ View Post
Just in case anyone else had some input, here is the list of requirements for what I'm looking to get done...

Shave Front and Rear Differentials - 14 Bolt and Dana 60
Install Gears
Weld Truss w/ control arm mounts (comes as kit)
Weld High Steer Front Steering (comes as kit-ish)
Modify current Driveshafts
Install and align under vehicle
I second Jeff with the MIT suggestion. If I wasn't prepping for a race in a month I would say bring it over and we can knock it out in a couple weekends. Are you looking to have this be a daily driver as well or just a trail toy?

<a href=
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
WJ dual sport</a>
post #6 of 6 Old 09-21-2017, 09:09 AM Thread Starter
95GRNZJ
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJDesertRacer View Post
I second Jeff with the MIT suggestion. If I wasn't prepping for a race in a month I would say bring it over and we can knock it out in a couple weekends. Are you looking to have this be a daily driver as well or just a trail toy?
I was hoping to get the Jeep, not so much a daily driver, but be streetable. I don't have a trailer, so it would be driving it back and forth from the trails on the weekend. I also haven't found a front axle yet. Lots of fall throughs and bent ones on CL, hopefully my luck turns up soon. The 14 bolt will be ready this weekend.

08 JKU

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.