DIY bed liners - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > DIY bed liners

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15”/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 02-23-2011, 02:22 PM   #1
pyrapsm
2001 XJ Cherokee 

DIY bed liners

So I am going to take my carpets out of my XJ here soon. Then I would like to in install some type of roll on bed liner. I have seen some posts on here and other forums that mostly use Herculiner. What is the difference between all the other brands?

Some different ones I have found Magnaliner, Plasti-kote, U-Pol Raptor Bed Liner, Dupli-Color, Grizzly Grip and Herculiner.
With so many different types out there, which one should I go!

Pictures would also help!

pyrapsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2011, 04:21 PM   #2
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Never used any of them but according to all the other threads herculiner seems to be the most popular by far.

There is a guy in Santee that does an offbrand version of Rhinoliner pretty cheap. I only have his email avail right now so I'll PM it to you.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2011, 12:45 AM   #3
1990JEEPXJ
Web Wheeler

1990 XJ Cherokee 

if you DD i wouldnt keep the carpet out. the floor generates a lot of heat inside the cab without the carpet as insolation.

My POS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
Yea, and I thought it was one of the 11 Commandments:
11) Thou shalt love, cherish, and honor till death, thine square headlights above all other earthy things sayith the Lord.
1990JEEPXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2011, 12:49 AM   #4
RobsCrawlin7
no balls

2001 TJ Wrangler 

i have used durabak and like it, you can get it smooth or textured, and in many colors, and with or without uv protectant. i suggest smooth as the textured is hard to clean, and since it will be on the inside of your xj their is no need for the uv protectant. a gallon should give you well over 4 coats, maybe 5. i did the outside of my cj with one gallon did 3 coats and i still had extra. i would suggest ordering a quart from them.
'79 CJ7 stock, 304

Quote:
Originally Posted by my_304_cj7 View Post
I used Marvel once before I took my Jeep out on the trails. I didn't get stuck all weekend so I guess it works.
SSG David Mejias, SSG Eric Vick, SGT William Bowling, SGT Robert McDowell
1 April 2007
Rest In Peace Brothers
RobsCrawlin7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2011, 07:35 AM   #5
pyrapsm
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I have heard a lot about durabak and herculiner in other forums. I guess is mostly personally option they all do the same thing.
So from my conclusion nobody really has any problem with any of them, it all comes down to the prep work.
pyrapsm is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.