Differential case spreader and a carrier bearing puller, need to borrow them please? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > Differential case spreader and a carrier bearing puller, need to borrow them please?

Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WDGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 02-29-2012, 11:48 AM   #1
Jerry Bransford
Do it right or not at all

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Differential case spreader and a carrier bearing puller, need to borrow them please?

Does anyone have a differential case spreader and/or carrier bearing puller I can borrow? My rear Rubi locker has an air leak and not having those tools is standing in the way of fixing it.

I struck out after calling Autozone Pep Boys, Autozone, NAPA, and O'Reilly's to try to borrow or rent them. They don't have either of those tools in their tool loan program. What would almost be funny if it wasn't so sad at the same time is not a single person I spoke to at those stores had a clue what those tools were.

Please PM me if you have either I can borrow. Thanks!

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-29-2012, 12:49 PM   #2
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

I wish I had one. Let us know if you find anything.

There is a guy trying to sell one that's been posted on craigslist off and on for months. He wants way too much for it but maybe he would rent it.

If you can't make anything work try pro gear in kearney mesa. Good guys and fair prices.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-29-2012, 12:56 PM   #3
Jerry Bransford
Do it right or not at all

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Will do, thanks Jeff. I even put an ad on Craigslist in the Tools For Sale area offering to rent those tools.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-29-2012, 01:11 PM   #4
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Jerry, Taylor and I made one for his HPD30. They are very easy to make out of 2" x 2" x .188w HREW tube, some 7/8" thickwall tube and a couple gr8 bolts.

I asked around at a couple 4wd shops if I could borrow theirs & was politely declined by all of them.
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-29-2012, 01:40 PM   #5
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Here's the link. Probably the same guy that's been trying to sell for $150

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/pts/2875484774.html
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.