Corral Canyon Run - April 11th (Southeast of San Diego) - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > Corral Canyon Run - April 11th (Southeast of San Diego)

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 03-30-2009, 07:36 AM   #31
ductape1000
Recently Flopped!!

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Nice!! You've got to love the fees!!! $100 on a $30 part. Crazy.

Insert clever saying by someone well known here...

Under Re-construction.....
ductape1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2009, 10:51 AM   #32
sebastian22
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Looks like a great trail. I will try to make it, but I'm not sure yet.
Unread 03-30-2009, 12:19 PM   #33
92 Green YJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StvDiego View Post
After, I bought an 8.8 a couple pf months ago and it was just over $26.84 but by the time they added on state, local and federal tax, title, license, and dealer fees, disposal fees, core charge, yard fee, EPA fee, fifi and various and assorted charges and fees it came to just about $130
man when i got mine a few years back I paid 130 out the door and that was on a non sale day.
Rubicon Express 4" Lift Kit, 2" Body Lift,15x8" AR 767s, 35x12.50 Xterrains, Home Made Snorkel, Sanden OBA, Home made rocker gaurds. 8.8 Rear with Discs, 4.10s F&R, ARB rear, Detroit EZ Locker front, WarnM8000 with Viking Synthetic Line, Beadlocks, Tons of Mods
My RigRater Score: 682RRv1.0 with a BOA of 13.47
I'm now doing custom bumpers and lift installs in So-cal
92 Green YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2009, 05:46 PM   #34
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian22 View Post
Looks like a great trail. I will try to make it, but I'm not sure yet.

Hope you can make it....
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2009, 10:02 AM   #35
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I won't be able to make this event unfortunately. Medical reasons.
I'm getting pretty frustrated, but I have no choice.
Take pics.
RJC#512
Unread 04-02-2009, 12:58 PM   #36
92 Green YJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

i may be out too. found out 311 is gonna be at crickett that night. Its my SO's favorite band and I am getting tickets to suprise her for her birthday. would have to be off the trail by 3 if i go
Rubicon Express 4" Lift Kit, 2" Body Lift,15x8" AR 767s, 35x12.50 Xterrains, Home Made Snorkel, Sanden OBA, Home made rocker gaurds. 8.8 Rear with Discs, 4.10s F&R, ARB rear, Detroit EZ Locker front, WarnM8000 with Viking Synthetic Line, Beadlocks, Tons of Mods
My RigRater Score: 682RRv1.0 with a BOA of 13.47
I'm now doing custom bumpers and lift installs in So-cal
92 Green YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2009, 01:46 AM   #37
SpydermanTJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
I won't be able to make this event unfortunately. Medical reasons.
I'm getting pretty frustrated, but I have no choice.
Take pics.
Ugh.... don't ya just love doctors?
I'll personally have my camera clicking just for you bud
Nightcrew #162

"i'd want a bottle of 12 year old scotch and a 24 pack of rubbers. i'll go places with a hard-on that most people wont go with a mechanized infantry batallion."
SpydermanTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2009, 10:40 AM   #38
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98TJGuy View Post
Ugh.... don't ya just love doctors?
I'll personally have my camera clicking just for you bud
Thanks.
I feel like I'd be OK, but I have a new open wound that could get infected. So I gotta' do what he say's or Betsy will beat me stupid.

I will eventually make it out in the dirt again soon. Besides, it gives me an extra modding weekend.

Take it slow and safe.
RJC#512
Unread 04-04-2009, 06:10 PM   #39
SpydermanTJ

Well, the scheduler at work screwed up and put me down to work Saturday. So at this point, I've had it with her inability to cooperate with my requests, and I'm going to just call off that day. I'll be there, but maybe just a little late, around 1030.
I also bought a cheapo handheld CB radio that will get about 1/2 to 1 mile of reception. I'll keep an ear on 24 when I get close. See you all next weekend!
Nightcrew #162

"i'd want a bottle of 12 year old scotch and a 24 pack of rubbers. i'll go places with a hard-on that most people wont go with a mechanized infantry batallion."
Unread 04-04-2009, 07:40 PM   #40
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

As much as I hate to say it I am going to have to bow out on the run. The CJ isn't quite ready yet and I don't want to chance breaking anything on the YJ while I have it for sale.

Is there someone, who has been there, who is willing to lead the run? If not we'll have to cancel this trip.
Unread 04-04-2009, 09:29 PM   #41
bguerrero
2001 TJ Wrangler 

You guys might just want to do Sidewinder and all of Bronco Peak. I did the Connector a few weeks ago with a group of 8 jeep's. Just the Connector took us 3 hours to go .8 of a mile down. 1.5 hours up, with no damage's. You can go down with out locker's. Going up, well that different. Oh, only half of us went up it. The rest went back to 4 corner's. Be prepared to stack rock's and hold on to vehicle's.
2001 TJ 4.0, 5 speed,RE 4.5 Long Arm,1in bl,Bilstien 5100,front dana 44,w/ARB ,rear dana 44 detroit locker,4.88,Tera4Low,AA sye, Tom Woods drive shaft,US Alloy front & rear,Warn diff. skid plate,bfg mt 35x12.5x15,currie antirock,Currie HD Steering,AEV & Rokmen skids,Rokmen corner guards & gas tank skid,Yaesu FT2800m, Cobra 29WXNWST,Rockhard 4x4 rear swingaway bumper,Oly 4x4 rock sliders,SMA front bumper,Super Winch Epi 9,RE hand throttle,Tuffy full drawer,Alpine/bazooka 8in sub,Rockhard Sports Cage, York Onboard Air

Last edited by bguerrero; 04-04-2009 at 11:09 PM..
bguerrero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2009, 10:54 PM   #42
SpydermanTJ

If no one leads this trip, can anyone make the run up to Cleghorn? I've been wanting to run that, and it looks fairly short enough to do in one day.
If no trips end up happening, I will be disappointed, but somewhat relieved. I hate to break things I don't have replacements for.

Rick: I'm thinking we'll do a weekend trip in your honor the middle of next month. I have some friends who have been wanting to go to Silverwood lake to fish. So here's what I'm thinking: we can either take Cleghorn up there, then fish the next day, or vice versa. All as celebration of your recovery.
Nightcrew #162

Unread 04-06-2009, 12:37 PM   #43
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98TJGuy View Post
If no one leads this trip, can anyone make the run up to Cleghorn? I've been wanting to run that, and it looks fairly short enough to do in one day.
If no trips end up happening, I will be disappointed, but somewhat relieved. I hate to break things I don't have replacements for.

Rick: I'm thinking we'll do a weekend trip in your honor the middle of next month. I have some friends who have been wanting to go to Silverwood lake to fish. So here's what I'm thinking: we can either take Cleghorn up there, then fish the next day, or vice versa. All as celebration of your recovery.

Thanks for the kind thoughts.
That is a trail I've been wanting to try.
And to top it off, my kids have been bugging me to take them fishing again. I'd rather go catching, but at least I can sit and watch them drown worms while I'm relaxing.

We are planning an overnight wrenching weekend for next month here at my place. Maybe the weekend following that would work with all the new mods.
Schedule for the modding meet TBA soon.
Tent and RV camping is available.
RJC#512
Unread 04-06-2009, 01:05 PM   #44
Husky-71
2009 JK Wrangler 

I'm still up for this (Corral Canyon Run). What time will folks be meeting up?

Last edited by Husky-71; 04-06-2009 at 03:44 PM..
Husky-71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2009, 01:55 PM   #45
SpydermanTJ

Looks like I'll have to save some shekels for more mods huh? 8.8... regear... maybe a D44 front?? Count me in!

Anyone who is interested in the Silverwood/Cleghorn trip let me know, so I can get a rough count of how many sites to reserve.
Nightcrew #162

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.