Considering buying a Jeep and intrested in what the community is like - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > Considering buying a Jeep and intrested in what the community is like

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 05-13-2012, 11:59 PM   #31
TheSarge0491

sounds like a long list!

Xpress- That sounds alot like the sportbike community I've been a part of for quite awhile(not the ones that think they are cool but the ones that think they are fast). We spend more time goofing off at the race track then riding.

TheSarge0491 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2012, 07:26 AM   #32
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress View Post
The more I think of it, the more and more I realized that Jeeping is more or less like so:

On our own, we're a bunch of free and independent, intelligent people whom can fix anything if we put our minds to it. However, get a group of us together and we all turn into a bunch of goofballs who can never seem to accomplish a whole lot, often resulting in shenanigans or general goon-ery
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2012, 07:29 AM   #33
Mitchell420tj
2003 TJ Wrangler 

We just had a jeep run on Saturday with 25+ jeeps, it was awesome, some kids jeep broke 3 hours away from home and everyone helped out, except me cause I'm 19 and idk what to do with motors lol and later sum one got stuck, like REALLY stuck haha and it took a lot of people awhile to help him out, so basically what I'm saying is go buy a jeep and go on runs, most fun u could have in my opinion

image-1530713467.jpg
Mitchell420tj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2012, 04:30 PM   #34
marinelj

Sarge
Yea I've been stationed at Pendleton for almost 2 years now, I traded my diesel truck for my jeep a couple months ago... Just started wheeling it, I love it!

AMCmastertech
I wouldn't buy a lifted jeep from one of the off base stealerships... I don't think anyone who has built their rig well would trade it in there... Unless it is broken... Lol
marinelj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2012, 05:52 PM   #35
krughzn
Welcome to The Rock

2005 LJ Wrangler 

The fourth time was the charm. The PCM that I bought from car-parts.com works great. Auto computer exchange kept telling me I had a short in my electrical which was causing the PCM to malfunction. Funny how the first one they sent me and the one I got today didn't have electrical problems. They suck!!!! I highly advise against using them.
krughzn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2012, 07:47 PM   #36
TheSarge0491

mitchell420tj- looks like fun where was that at? And at 19 there is alot of stuff you can lean in the next few years working on that rig and you'll never have to pay someone to work on your stuff again!

marinelj- I have heard from one of the guys I work with that there are some pretty fun trails to wheel right on Pendleton. I am at 32nd St for right now but I'm moving up to Pendleton in the fall. You've got the right idea about the off base stealership's too. I had to help one of my Marines sell a freaking Benz that he swore he could afford on E-3 pay due to one of those places. I put probably about 75 hrs of work into the stupid car before he could even sell it due to so many hidden issues. Most of those vehicles are auction bought and being sold way over fair market value.

krughzn- glad to hear you got it worked out! Just had a long chat with the wife and she's on board regardless of what I buy. I guess i pushed the vette thing so long that she sees this as more realistic. If only she knew that this will be more expensive in the long run!
Unread 05-17-2012, 10:06 AM   #37
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSarge0491 View Post
Xpress- That sounds alot like the sportbike community I've been a part of for quite awhile(not the ones that think they are cool but the ones that think they are fast). We spend more time goofing off at the race track then riding.
Just like any other vehicle or motorcycle sport, we goof off more than we should

-1989 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L, soon to be 5.2L
-1996 Jeep Grand Cherokar 5.2L, donor and rainy day driver
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2012, 03:27 PM   #38
TheSarge0491

Well just a few more weeks and I'll be home. I'm looking for a place to take the family on our first trip when I get back. I want to be able to camp, shoot, and fish all together if possible. I have been wanting to teach my kids how to shoot for awhile and I think they are old enough now to start learning proper weapons handling with a 22lr. I would also like some light trails to wheel as well. I know finding this all together may be tough but any help would be great. I'm looking to make this a weekend trip mid July time frame
Unread 06-03-2012, 03:37 PM   #39
Mitchell420tj
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSarge0491
Well just a few more weeks and I'll be home. I'm looking for a place to take the family on our first trip when I get back. I want to be able to camp, shoot, and fish all together if possible. I have been wanting to teach my kids how to shoot for awhile and I think they are old enough now to start learning proper weapons handling with a 22lr. I would also like some light trails to wheel as well. I know finding this all together may be tough but any help would be great. I'm looking to make this a weekend trip mid July time frame
Oh perfect timing haha 4 wheel parts is having an event in hollister on July 22nd it's 5$ per vehicle but idk if u can go shooting there, it's a huge event and their r trails for stock jeeps so any jeeps can go. It's called the customer appreciation run, look it up online or go to your local 4 wheel parts store( which is the only way to pay I think) and ask them about it
Mitchell420tj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2012, 04:13 PM   #40
abobaen
1998 TJ Wrangler 

welcome to the community, the people here on the forum are exceptionally helpful, and from reading alot on here and talking to them personally i have learned a great deal on the ins and outs of jeeping, what is neccessary and what is not. you will learn relitivly quickly that almost every mod you can do to your jeep is a heavely debated subject. one group of people will tell you, for instance, that long arm suspention is the only way to go, then another group will call the first group dumb and proceed to explain why short arm is so much better then long arm. that will lead to 55 pages of debate and we will be left with no clear answer. it is mostly about what you plan on using your jeep for. just like anything else, listen to both sides of the arguement and then choose which you prefer. and follow jboltys advice and ride in as manny different jeeps with different setups as you can, then make your decision to buy.

[QUOTE=YouStupidBunny;13020222]I'm too old to play with Lego's, so I got a Jeep.[/QUOTE]
abobaen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.