~Camping May 14, 15, 16 Anza Borrego~ - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > ~Camping May 14, 15, 16 Anza Borrego~

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-29-2010, 01:52 PM   #31
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by njovin View Post
I'll be tenting. I'll call in once the secret word is posted. Thanks for setting this up Rik.

I'm down for pot luck and community breakfast. Since I'll be tight on space I can't bring a grill but I'll bring a few dozen eggs for breakfast and a couple packs of dogs and buns for dinner if somebody's got a grill to cook on...
Cool. I'll update the list.
I have a grill and I'm sure there are plenty of other that will also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StvDiego View Post
Oh yeah, forgot to tell you, I won't make the run Saturday.

I hope it's warm that day, always embarrassing when the "artists" start yapping; Oh, it must be cold today...

Yeah, whatever

I'll bet you hear that ALL the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeebs View Post
I'll probably come out and camp at Blair Valley. In all honest, I am kinda bored of Pinion Mountain and the associated trail. Mostly its the 45 mins of wash board to get off the thing after the good stuff. I might go poking around some other areas while you all are on the run.
45 minutes? I remember about 20, but I guess if you drive real slow it could take that long. Hopefully the rains have smoothed it out.
I've done Pinyon Moutain Trail twice. I like the trail and there are quite a few that have never done it before.
When I told my kids about this trip, they immediately asked; "Are we going to the mud caves"? I want to do the caves again, but I also liked the trail that headed out to Hangman's Tree and the old stage stop through the river. That was a pretty cool trail too.
I'll see if I can scrounge up some pics of that area.

RJC#512

Last edited by RikRotorhead; 04-29-2010 at 02:22 PM..
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2010, 01:56 PM   #32
smcalpac
1998 ZJ 

Let me (or us) know what is needed food wise for pot lucks or what nots. My group is pretty self sufficient and my brother is a bit of a gourmet. We've got grills, and if I bring the trailer a microwave, stove and oven. Personally I'm happy with a box of donuts, a pack of hot dogs, buns, mustard and relish and a bag of pretzels for a weekend worth of camping. Well, that and beer and water...but when I go camping with my brother I end up eating better than I do at home.

I guess that's why I like camping with him!
on two wheels anymore!
Camoflauge, camoflauge, I disappear when I pull out of my garage!

PM me for LED light bars and HID off road lights
smcalpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2010, 02:01 PM   #33
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

The river on the way out to Hangman's Tree and the stage stop....
There might be more water in it now since we had all those rains. '08 was a pretty dry year.
img_0552-medium-.jpg   img_0553-medium-.jpg   img_0554-medium-.jpg   img_0559-medium-.jpg   img_0562-medium-.jpg  

RJC#512
Unread 04-29-2010, 02:23 PM   #34
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smcalpac View Post
Let me (or us) know what is needed food wise for pot lucks or what nots. My group is pretty self sufficient and my brother is a bit of a gourmet. We've got grills, and if I bring the trailer a microwave, stove and oven. Personally I'm happy with a box of donuts, a pack of hot dogs, buns, mustard and relish and a bag of pretzels for a weekend worth of camping. Well, that and beer and water...but when I go camping with my brother I end up eating better than I do at home.

I guess that's why I like camping with him!
I updated/condensed the first post to reflect the info.
Let him cook up a storm. We ALL like to eat good food.
RJC#512
Unread 04-29-2010, 05:44 PM   #35
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

ill see if i can get that damn front pinion yoke swapped out in time...LOL maybe i should rock the trail 2wd?
Unread 04-29-2010, 05:46 PM   #36
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by premo View Post
ill see if i can get that damn front pinion yoke swapped out in time...LOL maybe i should rock the trail 2wd?
You probably could in your rig. You might have to really gun it to get to the top of Diablo Dropoff, but we have a winch or two just in case.
RJC#512
Unread 04-29-2010, 07:30 PM   #37
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

diablo dropoff? dont worry...i have lead foot. i'm sure people here can attest to that fact. LOL

seriously though, im curious what it looks like out there now after all the quakes and stuff.
Unread 04-30-2010, 01:02 AM   #38
TJRoberto
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I am very interested on joining you guys; But I want to be straight forward and are you guys are OKAY with me joining your guys trail run, since I have 35" and stock front and rear axle. The front stock D30 has an aussie locker and the rear is open(4.10gears)... I know that is my TJ breaks down on the trail will be taking so time away from your guys weekend. Please let me know if you guys are okay so that I can ask my GF is she want to join in.
TJRoberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2010, 07:22 AM   #39
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJRRoberto View Post
I am very interested on joining you guys; But I want to be straight forward and are you guys are OKAY with me joining your guys trail run, since I have 35" and stock front and rear axle. The front stock D30 has an aussie locker and the rear is open(4.10gears)... I know that is my TJ breaks down on the trail will be taking so time away from your guys weekend. Please let me know if you guys are okay so that I can ask my GF is she want to join in.
you worry too much. half the fun is standing around laughing and pointing.

Break downs are always a risk, no matter what you have; it's part of the deal. Just have tools and spare axle shafts along. if you need some talk to Jimmy.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2010, 08:15 AM   #40
StvDiego

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJRRoberto View Post
We always need someone along to laugh and point at

Along with a volunteer Jeep for stripping and burning on the trail.

Talk to Jimmy; Master Axle Twister
StvDiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2010, 08:52 AM   #41
smcalpac
1998 ZJ 

Hell, I'm bone stock on 31's. Not everyone is ready to go rock crawling with our rigs. It's about getting together, getting dirty and having fun. Half of the fun is the break downs! Remember back to all your camping trips, get togthers and what not. Which one's do you remember most? The one's where everything went as planned with no tangles? Or the one when something went wrong?

I know of all my desert trips, the one's where I got stuck towing in, or breaking something etc are the ones I remember most! Life is defined by our failures.
on two wheels anymore!

Unread 04-30-2010, 09:04 AM   #42
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

"Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to make
them all yourself." ~Eleanor Roosevelt

If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2010, 09:30 AM   #43
TJRoberto
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Thank you guys for giving me the okay, and for making me the official person that will bring some fun to the group if I do break down. I REALLY HOPE I DON'T BREAK DOWN...

Ill look for some spare axle shafts, or contact Jimmy maybe we will let me barrow ones for some beer.
Unread 04-30-2010, 09:33 AM   #44
smcalpac
1998 ZJ 

Just make sure to bring beer to exchange for help!
on two wheels anymore!

Unread 04-30-2010, 09:43 AM   #45
TJRoberto
1997 TJ Wrangler 

beer will be one of my first items on my list. Thanks you guys.....

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.