broken ARB bolts. - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > broken ARB bolts.

Clayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank SkidTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 02-14-2013, 01:23 PM   #46
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenujoint View Post
dropping the dime on a Currie non-Rubicon Hp44, 4.88's, 30 spline Yukon Zip locker, 4340 axles, JJ's, Currie bracketry, and gear setup for about 800 more than if I did a HP30 changeover with truss and chromo's.
Nice. Problem solved.

If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 03:30 PM   #47
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

If you are thinking about upgrading the brakes, now would be an ideal time. I like spending other peoples $.

The axle will have D30 style outers, right?

We can still make a truss for it if you wish.

Somebody here would probably like your current stuff (hub kit etc). So selling those items should help offset costs.
Joe Dillard is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 04:21 PM   #48
brokenujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

It will be using my 30 outters. Question. Since Im using my 30 outters, can I still use my Warn hub conversion on it or it that done? As for the truss, of course we can still work your magic.....What options do I have to do away with the 30 outters and get something better? Im running 17" rims so bigger brakes would be nice but I dont wanna pay a fortune for Blaines although its a GREAT setup I rather spend a G somewhere else.
Unread 02-14-2013, 09:37 PM   #49
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

If you are staying with Spicer 760 series sized ujoints & D30 knuckles, I don't see why you couldn't keep the hub kit.

I'll call Blaine tomorrow to see if he has some magic up his sleeve.

I ran the very first Big Brake Kit (typically installed on 16" wheels) on my old HPD30 that had a Warn hub kit and a bunch of other polish.

The brakes were nothing short of amazing.
Joe Dillard is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 10:44 PM   #50
brokenujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Oh I bet. Now if he wants me to be a guinnea pig and try some cool new product then I'm all about that. But I cant drop 1000+ on front brakes. At least not so soon after my big purchase.
Unread 02-18-2013, 08:18 AM   #51
TJRoberto
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenujoint
Oh I bet. Now if he wants me to be a guinnea pig and try some cool new product then I'm all about that. But I cant drop 1000+ on front brakes. At least not so soon after my big purchase.
If your replacing the Dana30 pm with all the parts you won't be needing.

Thanks
TJRoberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 10:29 PM   #52
brokenujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJRoberto View Post
If your replacing the Dana30 pm with all the parts you won't be needing.

Thanks
not really saving anything... Housing is going to be destroyed because I have to cut off the C's for Currie's exchance policy, knuckles, hub conversion is being reused. ARB and ring gears, pinion might be the only thing I'll put up but I may have a buyer already. It's 4.56 gears btw. After I begin dialing it in, I'll be going with either wj brakes and knuckles or better. The axles are up for grades and those will be FREE...
Unread 02-26-2013, 09:56 AM   #53
sdmoose429
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenujoint View Post
not really saving anything... Housing is going to be destroyed because I have to cut off the C's for Currie's exchance policy, knuckles, hub conversion is being reused. ARB and ring gears, pinion might be the only thing I'll put up but I may have a buyer already. It's 4.56 gears btw. After I begin dialing it in, I'll be going with either wj brakes and knuckles or better. The axles are up for grades and those will be FREE...
Free is good

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.