Bought a WJ, want to take it out! - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > Bought a WJ, want to take it out!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 08-31-2013, 09:58 PM   #31
Y0ungGunZJ
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuruma View Post
Well I missed this one. I was in the area but no dice. I figured there would be gas in the general area of where the trail head was and was dead wrong. GPS had me looking for one of the 15 Lyons gate or whatever roads out there in bfe and I was starting to get to the uncomfy side of low. I like starting the trails with a near full tank. Especially if I don't know how long they are. I found pancake rock though. lol Next time I'll follow someone out there and pin it to the gps for posterity. Still had a good drive out on the country roads out there. Mistress handles pretty good but she creaks and squeaks like crazy now!!! And the GPS did take me through a rutted dirt road I thought was going to be someones driveway. Some real hills have eyes schlitz.

Good Idea Moose. I thought of that as I was pulling back into my parking space here and smacked my forehead. AH well. Until next time.
ahh bummer man. we had a total of 5 rigs; myself Rrw600 (Ron), a buddy of mine Tim in a VW and his co worker Jim in a '13 rubi and Noelc (Noel) in a wj

so what ended up happening was myself, Tim and Jim all showed up late because we were going to convoy out together. we got there at about 1:40 ( and gain i apologize Ron and Noel)

we went and drove down to los pinos/ espinosa trail end on the south side of the mtn. we got to the turn off for espinosa get about 1/2 to 3/4 of the way through, and there is this dirt hill climb with a few different options and on the far left there is a big old rut and a steep climb. so Jim in is '13 rubi on 35s wants to go for it. and at this point Noel and I are 300ft down the trail and i hear Ron on the radio going "Jim rolled!!!!" "James do you copy?" so i respond and i tell Noel what happened and ran back down the trail got there and saw Jim was on his side and was out of the jeep and ok. so i ran back got in the jeep and backed down the trail.

i didn't take too many pictures becasue i was busy helping Ron get the jeep back over. but Noel has some good pictures of it.

we get it his jeep back on all for and fire it up a little bit of smoke coming out but nothing bad. the passenger side was tweaked quite a bit. we got off the trail and back at 4 corners at about 6:30pm or so maybe later.

all in all it was a good day despite the flop and not doing as many trails as i had planned to.

(o) )-o---(o) )---o-) ) ---------(o) )-o-(o) )--o-) )
Y0ungGunZJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2013, 10:11 PM   #32
noelc
2004 WJ 

I bought an adventure pass today and didn't realize until later that they forgot to tear my pass off and handed me their entire pad of passes... so I have extras next time we go.
Unread 08-31-2013, 10:22 PM   #33
kuruma
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Ah that stinks about the flop. Hope it didn't cause too much damage. Yeah next time I think convoy out. My GPS is WAY off. Told me to turn off and there was nothing but a ledge. I was all......erm yeah I love wheeling but....... lol I'm gonna wait until my GI Bill check comes in and maybe post up another run to get out there. I took a little mini hike in Mission trails after I made it back. Heck I was all ready to party anyway so I figured why not. Looking forward to the pics.
kuruma is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2013, 10:34 PM   #34
Y0ungGunZJ
1993 ZJ 

the tub its pretty tweaked for what it was. let me know next time when you wanna go there, maybe until then do a pancake rock run? so you can test out the suspension?

Noel this is for you
http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/pts/4034449132.html

and the camera from los pinos look out
http://hpwren.ucsd.edu/anim-a4/pi-n-...1377995523.jpg
Unread 08-31-2013, 10:35 PM   #35
Rrw600
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by noelc View Post
I bought an adventure pass today and didn't realize until later that they forgot to tear my pass off and handed me their entire pad of passes... so I have extras next time we go.
Hey, I think I earned one of those today.
Rrw600 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2013, 10:40 PM   #36
Rrw600
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah. It was sad. I go to use Noelc WJ to help and its go no recovery points. I end up having to use this Toureg that was with us. WTH. a vw. Tim was a good guy and that thing did quite well with its air suspension. we get to a more challenging spot and he flips a switch and the whole suspension just pumps up lifting the car several inches. He went through a spot this guy in a full size bronco got stuck
Unread 08-31-2013, 10:56 PM   #37
noelc
2004 WJ 

@Y0ungGunZJ Thanks for that CL link! I emailed him, will pick try to pick all those parts up. @Rrw600 Have to say I'm a little embarrassed by the lack of recovery points.. remedying asap!

Last edited by noelc; 09-01-2013 at 12:20 PM..
noelc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2013, 11:00 PM   #38
Rrw600
1997 TJ Wrangler 

No worries. We all start some place.
Unread 08-31-2013, 11:01 PM   #39
Rrw600
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Those were some beautiful views from up there at the fire tower, and the sunset was gorgeous.
Unread 08-31-2013, 11:06 PM   #40
noelc
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrw600 View Post
Hey, I think I earned one of those today.
Yes you certainly did. Don't know what we would have done without you there today! Good times
Unread 08-31-2013, 11:12 PM   #41
kuruma
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Yep......Mistress is jealous. We goin back out there. lol I did get to see some good views from the roadway. And some cows.......
kuruma is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-01-2013, 08:17 AM   #42
noelc
2004 WJ 

My check engine light turned on yesterday just before we left. When I run the fault code check I'm getting P0121 http://www.wjjeeps.com/faultcodes.htm. It turned on after we hooked the compressor up to the battery and re-inflated my tires. Could there be a connection?
Unread 09-01-2013, 08:58 AM   #43
WJDesertRacer
2004 WJ 

Another 04 Wj. Finally. I have the entire enterior from my 04. Door panels. Rear hatch and panel. All interior trim panels. Window and lock controls Rear seats. Dash. A/C unit(fan and cores all complete. Pm me if your interested. I have no use for the stuff. (See my build thread) but if your interested in some of the parts. I'm sure we can figure something out.

IFS WJ dual sport
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wj-west-coast-style-1172706/[/url]
WJDesertRacer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-01-2013, 09:45 AM   #44
noelc
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJDesertRacer View Post
Another 04 Wj. Finally. I have the entire enterior from my 04. Door panels. Rear hatch and panel. All interior trim panels. Window and lock controls Rear seats. Dash. A/C unit(fan and cores all complete. Pm me if your interested. I have no use for the stuff. (See my build thread) but if your interested in some of the parts. I'm sure we can figure something out.
That's a pretty bad a$$ rig! Mine is pretty clean on the inside. My A/C makes a noise when it turns on and is slowly going out. Could probably use a new one.

When are you taking it out next?
Unread 09-01-2013, 09:51 AM   #45
Y0ungGunZJ
1993 ZJ 

Noel I have no clue why it would or could do that to the tps. Did the jeep drive alright on the way home?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.