JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   SanDiego (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f262/)
-   -   Bought a WJ, want to take it out! (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f262/bought-wj-want-take-out-1566851/)

noelc 08-25-2013 10:21 AM

Bought a WJ, want to take it out!

I got my WJ about a year and a half ago, put a 2" lift on it, but have yet to test it out on some trails! Anyone going out anytime soon?

Y0ungGunZJ 08-26-2013 02:32 PM

how soon do you want to go out? i have a few good easy style places i can give you gps tracks of or take you there when i don't have to deal with school stuff that day.

noelc 08-26-2013 03:10 PM

I'm down to hit some trails any weekend!

Y0ungGunZJ 08-28-2013 04:50 PM

alright i always have sudnays off, i am thinking of going to do pancake rock/ anderson truck trail with a few buddies. idk what hangs down the lowest on the wjs but i'm sure if you wanted to try it i would leave the call up to you. i have done it in my zj before the lift and my muffler did hit a lot (it was at 1" lift basically and 31s) but it was do able i had sliders too so i was able to cheat on seem obstacles

noelc 08-29-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Y0ungGunZJ (Post 15847055)
alright i always have sudnays off, i am thinking of going to do pancake rock/ anderson truck trail with a few buddies. idk what hangs down the lowest on the wjs but i'm sure if you wanted to try it i would leave the call up to you. i have done it in my zj before the lift and my muffler did hit a lot (it was at 1" lift basically and 31s) but it was do able i had sliders too so i was able to cheat on seem obstacles

I should probably stay off the more difficult trails until I get the sliders and tcase skid. Thinking about the los pinos / espinosa trail.

Y0ungGunZJ 08-29-2013 01:49 PM

that would be a good starter for sure and if you want Anderson truck trail in alpine is an easy one. you'll get to really try out the suspension there.

i'm talking with a buddy of mine who wants to go out this weekend idk if we want to do pancake and Anderson or just go and do espinosa and Anderson

btw for corral canyon you need an adventure pass (big 5 sells them they last a year from date of purchase)

noelc 08-29-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Y0ungGunZJ (Post 15850619)
btw for corral canyon you need an adventure pass (big 5 sells them they last a year from date of purchase)

Good to know!

If you guys do an easier trail, I'd be happy to join.

jbolty 08-29-2013 03:05 PM

You only need the adventure pass there for parking a vehicle, for example a two rig and trailer. The actual jeep does not need it as long as it's street registered.

Disclaimer: I don't know if that's the actual law but that's what Richard Tull, the ranger up there, told me.

Y0ungGunZJ 08-29-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbolty (Post 15850901)
You only need the adventure pass there for parking a vehicle, for example a two rig and trailer. The actual jeep does not need it as long as it's street registered.

Disclaimer: I don't know if that's the actual law but that's what Richard Tull, the ranger up there, told me.

interesting it would make sense too.

becasue i don't remember the mans name, is that the older black guy up there thats been working up there for like 15 years?

Rrw600 08-29-2013 10:23 PM

Are you going Sat or Sun. If you are going Sat I'd be interested in joining you.

Noelc - you might try riding shotgun with someone this weekend at either PR or CC. That will give you a better idea of the trails.

Y0ungGunZJ 08-29-2013 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rrw600 (Post 15852491)
Are you going Sat or Sun. If you are going Sat I'd be interested in joining you.

Noelc - you might try riding shotgun with someone this weekend at either PR or CC. That will give you a better idea of the trails.

nothing has been set date wise but i would like to go out this weekend. sat maybe best my buddy said he was interested but he isn't returning my texts so idk with him.

as far as him riding shot gun at CC he can use his jeep on espinosa / los pinos anything more really then i'd suggest riding shot gun

noelc 08-30-2013 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rrw600 (Post 15852491)

I really want to get my jeep dirty. I'm down to go out this weekend if anyone else wants to run a trail my jeep is capable of.

Where is everyone coming from? I'm up in Encinitas.

jbolty 08-30-2013 09:56 AM

Myjeep is stuck in my parents garage up in Hemet until I have time to go get it. :crying:

Y0ungGunZJ 08-30-2013 10:09 AM

Well lets do it saturday then. I will talk with my dad. Here is my thoughts, los pinos/espinosa won't really take that long, so I would like to run 1 or 2 more trails while we are there. Noelc you could park your jeep and ride shotgun with myself or my dad.

And then from there go back up to alpine and do anderson? Just so Noelc can use his jeep a little more. Plus it has an awesome over look of el capitan.

kuruma 08-30-2013 10:43 AM

I'm down fir this Saturday. No idea where the usual meet up spot is so does anyone want to meet up that knows the way there maybe off the 8 in El Cajon or something? Or just tell me an exit and a time and pull off and I'll meet you there.

The time now is 01:53 PM.