Big FUN 4x4 offroad event coming up at Ocotillo Wells October 15/16 - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > Big FUN 4x4 offroad event coming up at Ocotillo Wells October 15/16

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Warn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCOR

Unread 09-30-2010, 03:40 AM   #16
AeroJeep01
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford View Post
Check in starts Friday afternoon but the serious offroad runs themselves don't start until Saturday morning. See the above schedule though. There will likely be runs on Sunday too who wants to go on them but many elect to get up early Sunday morning & leave after breakfast.

You can always get there early Saturday morning to check in, pass the required safety check, and then go on Saturday's runs. Just be sure to stay for Saturday night if you want to be there for the big raffle. Friday-night check ins are common for weekend events but, again, you can always just check in early Saturday morning. They start accepting Saturday registrations pretty early Saturday morning, somewhere pretty close to 6-6:30am or so. Runs normally start 8-8:30 or afterwards.
Hello, Jerry. I have a quick question about the event, as I am interested in going. What is required as part of the safety inspection? I couldn't find it on the event website. Thanks!

AeroJeep01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-30-2010, 03:57 AM   #17
AeroJeep01
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Haha, I just found the list, I wasn't looking in the right spot. Thanks for your help Jerry!
AeroJeep01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2010, 12:31 PM   #18
tri486
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Can you post the link for the inspection thanks
Unread 10-03-2010, 12:45 PM   #19
tri486
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Im thinking about going and finally meeting you Jerry, I have never been to a CA4WD event or with Jeepforum Jeepers, im sure it will be fun although I would be showing up late friday night if anything :/.

PS. Jerry I think you got some of the days wrong on your post
Unread 10-03-2010, 03:24 PM   #20
Jerry Bransford
Administrator

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tri486 View Post
Can you post the link for the inspection thanks
Here ya go... California Association of 4WD Clubs, Inc. :: Safety Requirements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tri486 View Post
Im thinking about going and finally meeting you Jerry, I have never been to a CA4WD event or with Jeepforum Jeepers, im sure it will be fun although I would be showing up late friday night if anything :/.

PS. Jerry I think you got some of the days wrong on your post
Hah you're right, I just cut and pasted from the club website and it still shows the 2008 date. Times and events remain the same, though I did correct the above dates. Thanks!

And no worries, I normally don't show up until late either... usually 9pm or later. I hope to arrive early this year, that will be a nice change.

Look for an old gray-haired guy driving a Black Rubicon with stickers and Savvy stickers all over it, I look forward to meeting you and the others here I haven't met yet.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.
Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2010, 11:30 AM   #21
NateWithoutBeer
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Anybody know what runs might be set up? Never been to ocotillo and would be interested in seeing some youtube stuff of the types of runs that will be going on.
NateWithoutBeer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2010, 12:21 PM   #22
Jerry Bransford
Administrator

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Go to the website I gave a link to, it lists what the runs are and their level of difficulty. They range from easy for rank beginners without trail experience to one or two that require lockers where a little body damage wouldn't surprise anyone.

Unread 10-12-2010, 09:14 PM   #23
Gomez
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Missed the online registration but my bro and I will be there Friday - Sunday.
[COLOR="White"][B][SIZE="3"]White Jeep Club #1904[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

[U][B]Useful Write-ups:[/B][/U]
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/tj-forum-faq-615132/"]TJ FAQ[/URL]
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/tj-tech-boot-camp-must-read-new-tj-owners-forum-members-722109/"]TJ Boot Camp (A must read)[/URL]
[URL="http://pirate4x4.com/tech/billavista/Recovery/index.html"]Recovery Tips[/URL]
Gomez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-14-2010, 11:31 AM   #24
NateWithoutBeer
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Another dumb question: having never been to Ocotillo, where will the reg site be setup? If I just drive out 78 will I smell Jeep and see a big flashing red light?
Unread 10-14-2010, 11:47 AM   #25
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateWithoutBeer View Post
Another dumb question: having never been to Ocotillo, where will the reg site be setup? If I just drive out 78 will I smell Jeep and see a big flashing red light?
You can't miss it.

There will be the central area on the left (north side of 78), known as Main Street, then a few thousand Rvs in the general area
main.jpg  
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-14-2010, 11:49 AM   #26
Jerry Bransford
Administrator

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateWithoutBeer View Post
You won't be able to miss it due to all the vehicles and big RVs/trailers parked surrounding where Registration is. Plus everyone out there knows where "Main Street" is where the event is held, at the intersection of 78 and Main Street. There is no actual street sign saying Main St. but you won't need it. If you arrive at night, the whole area is lit up brightly enough to be seen from space.

Unread 10-17-2010, 07:38 PM   #27
NateWithoutBeer
1993 YJ Wrangler 

This was a pretty fun event. I was disappointed that our trail run's "trail boss" never showed up and the club didn't seem to have any idea who that was supposed to be. A nice guy named Steve (don't think he's on the boards here) stepped up and took us out.

The drive in to sand canyon was uneventful but watching some guy drive his wife's brand new JK rubi through the rockslide blocking the canyon was the highlight of the trip. I'll post some video up when I get it from my friend.

On the way out Gomez, StupendousMan and I picked through some boulder fields then went and got lost in the SVRA on the way to the Pumpkin Patch but had plenty of fun in the process.

Unread 10-17-2010, 09:34 PM   #28
Gomez
2006 TJ Wrangler 

WOW! Lots of fun this weekend with good people.

StupendousMan in the purple jeep , me (Gomez) in the white and NateWithoutBeer in the blue YJ behind me.

A peek at what's to come in the video.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/tj-tech-boot-camp-must-read-new-tj-owners-forum-members-722109/"]TJ Boot Camp (A must read)[/URL]
[URL="http://pirate4x4.com/tech/billavista/Recovery/index.html"]Recovery Tips[/URL]
Unread 10-17-2010, 09:58 PM   #29
StupendousMan

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomez View Post
WOW! Lots of fun this weekend with good people.

StupendousMan in the purple jeep , me (Gomez) in the white and NateWithoutBeer in the blue YJ behind me.

ITS BLUE(ish)
StupendousMan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2010, 10:45 PM   #30
Gomez
2006 TJ Wrangler 

An impressive Sami in our group. This is him traversing the earthquake aftermath in Sandstone Canyon.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.