Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Big Bear Trip.

30K views 668 replies 34 participants last post by  Motorep 
#1 · (Edited)
BIG BEAR TRIP SEPT 11TH and 12TH.

The trails range from stock 2wd can make it to ouch.

Camp sites are sold out but if you still want to go there are plenty of hotels/motels.

We are staying at Pine Knot campground.
Big Bear Campgrounds and Picnic Areas
We are all sharing spaces too.
The spaces are 40 feet long and up to 8 people per site, $5 per extra vehicle after the first one but only two vehicles allowed per spot but there is parking on the street outside the camp site.
877-444-6777 or you can do it online at Federal recreation, camping and tour reservation information - Recreation.gov

Make a reservation. Grandpappy is wanting to share a space with somebody but he is sleeping in his station wagon (ZJ) :laugh:
Everybody is splitting the cost of the sites to save bux.

People going:
Chris, Krista and no dogs this time (Camping Site 36) 33's some lift locked front and D35
Rik, Betsy and two tax deductions (Camping Site 36) 33's some lift 8.8, D30 open diff
Richie, wife and kid (Don't know if camping or Motel) 33's lotsa lift D30, D35 open diff
Jeepnkal and Girlfriend (Camping Site 41) 32's 2" lift open diff
KraZeDav with Wife(Motel 6) 33's lifted and locked
NateWithoutBeer, wife and dogs (Camping Site 38) 31's 4" lift, front locker D35 rear
Jbolty (Camping site 39) 33's or 35' and a bunch of other stuff
Gomez, wife and dog (Camping Site 38)
smcalpac (Camping Site 39) 31's 2" lift open diff's
Smartshot and girlfriend (Camping site 41) 33's 2" lift 8.8 LSD
Motorep (Showing up Saturday night with some XJ's) 35's locked
Sebastian22 (Camping Site 37) 35's locked and more fun stuff then most of us.
Grandpapy (Camping if anyone has an extra half a spot) GC 2" Lift and 30's
Sully (Camping Site 28) Rubicon with 31's
Climbit (Camping Site 42) XJ on 33's and 4:56's open diffs
Momytoad (Cabin with hot chocolate) 4runner on 29's
4LVLFWD (Camping Site 42) XJ
mJUSTINm (Saturday day trip)
3Samudra (Wants to go but has not confirmed)
Sene (Saturday day trip)

Food: Bring your own lunch and snacks for the trail but for dinners potlucks have worked well in the past so post up something you may want to bring. For Breakfast we can do potluck or bring your own just let me know which way you want to go. I will probably be bringing a full sized propane BBQ to the campsite.

Friday Dinner: Fend for yourself since everyone will be showing up at different times.

Saturday Breakfast(Burritos): Rik will bring eggbeaters, Chris will bring some sausage, Jbolty has tortillas, cheese, salsa and everything else for the burritos, Gomez will bring OJ and some pastries. Sam will bring bacon (precooked if possible) KraZeDav will bring Tuscan cantaloupe

Saturday Dinner: I will bring BBQ pork, Jbolty has Corn, KraZeDav will bring potatoe salad. Sam has dinner rolls. JeepnKal has hot dogs. Sebastian has chicken breast.

See less See more
#504 ·
sene give me a call it you get lost, or better get in on the campsite 37. then head up with me and kathy later today. Oh I guess I'l bring tons of ice for my part. anything else? I'm heading to costco now I think i'll bring some hot dogs and buns but i don't have ketup or mustard - see if i can grab some of that too, but I have a very very small grill (gas backpack type). we are leaving right at 5:30 I'm in LA now so give me a call if you need to bring a tent or sleeping bags i can stuff in my truck.

#509 ·
Starting now. 500 post trip postings.

Some of the group was doing a run this morning but I had to head back. Good weekend. Perfect weather. No significant breakage and only minor stucks. On top of that a nice camping place with awesome food and great company.

here's a few to get started.

and the rest here
http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y95/jeffboulton/wheeling/bigbear_sep_2010/

#510 ·
As usual, awesome trip, great fun with all you guys. No major breakdowns and very little winching. Can't wait til the next one. Photos posted here:

Jeepforum Big Bear 9-2010 - a set on Flickr

Here's some of my favorites:

#513 ·
Vanessa and I would like to thank Chris and Christa for organizing an awesome weekend. Although we missed running the trails with you all we did manage to get 2N10 and some other scenic roads in as well as have an awesome lunch at Grizzly's Bear Belly Deli.

Also, thanks to the rest of you for the great company.:thumbsup:

#522 ·
Got back to vegas not too long ago.
Thanks Chris and Christa for setting everything up.
Thanks Dave and Irene for you know...
Thanks Climbit for the site, sorry forgot your name.
Great trip with great people. :cheers2:

#532 ·
Awesome video! So upset that I couldn't make it out. Looks like you guys had a great time.

#535 ·
Great pics! The video was cool. Good job! :thumbsup:

Thanks again Chris for taking the lead and planning the trip. My family and I had a great time.

I'll get my pics up soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.