~ Best Eateries! ~ - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > ~ Best Eateries! ~

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 12-26-2009, 05:16 PM   #31
Poobah
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I'm fat...

San Diego Thread . Green Jeep Club #99 . Tj Owners Club #299 . . Just Runs

"What, me a cynic? I trust you have proof!"

Wheelers for the Wounded
Poobah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2009, 06:39 PM   #32
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poobah View Post
Pizza Nova not only has good pizzas and pasta, but you have to try their Lobster Bisque sometime...mmmmmm
I can't think of anything that I haven't liked at Pizza Nova. It is great and definitely not your average pizza place!

A good sandwich shop is Market Place on 5th Ave in midtown.
Unread 02-23-2010, 03:10 PM   #33
lazyb34n
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Now this is a thread i can get into!

For those of you who like REAL beer, you have to go to Blind Lady Ale HouseIn normal heights. Finally went there, after everyone raving about it on a home brewers forum. It does not disapoint! great pizza and an even better selection of craft brews. The only thing that sucks is they dont open till 5pm Tues-Fri. but are open lunch on weekends.

My favorite Burger place is downtown (even tho i live a few blocks from Boomerangs).
The Neighborhood/is an awsome Local joint that is a "gastro-Pub". The burgers are epic, and they are a supporting member of The San Diego Brewers Guild, So they always have Local brewers on tap. They even took part in Stone's Winter Storm this year.

But on a sad note, Perry's Caught fire a few months ago, and has yet to reopen. the food wasn't bad, but i have great memories of that place.

Last edited by lazyb34n; 02-26-2010 at 10:48 AM.. Reason: spelling
lazyb34n is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2010, 03:22 PM   #34
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Went here a couple of weeks ago by accident and it was great. Good food, good service, not too expensive, live music and that day the $5 crab cakes on the happy hour menu were as good as any I have ever had.

South Park Bar and Grill San Diego Live Blues and Jazz Club
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2010, 04:53 PM   #35
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

It's TACO TUESDAY!!
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2010, 07:38 PM   #36
RacnJasn
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
TEXAS LOOSEY'S!! Shiuuut-howdy!! Really good food, great prices, large portions, and the waitresses "costumes", not to mention the lunch time lengerie shows! (Wednesdays) They are known for their chili, but I've had better. Their steaks are big and tasty.
Last week my wife and I went to Cabazon Outlets for her birthday. On the way home we stopped in Temecula because we saw some furniture stores. After a couple hours of shopping. She decided for her birthday she wanted Tony Romas. But they were closed I saw Texas Loosey's. I told her that some of you have recommended it. She was game and we were very shocked. My wife is cool about things like that. Hell She proposed to me at Hooters.

It was classic my wifes birthday with a waitress wearing chaps with fringe, vest, cowboy hats and shorty shorts.
[CENTER][COLOR="Yellow"][SIZE="5"]Yellow Jeep Club #48[/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Last edited by RacnJasn; 02-25-2010 at 07:39 PM.. Reason: missed type
RacnJasn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2010, 07:59 PM   #37
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacnJasn View Post
Last week my wife and I went to Cabazon Outlets for her birthday. On the way home we stopped in Temecula because we saw some furniture stores. After a couple hours of shopping. She decided for her birthday she wanted Tony Romas. But they were closed I saw Texas Loosey's. I told her that some of you have recommended it. She was game and we were very shocked. My wife is cool about things like that. Hell She proposed to me at Hooters.

It was classic my wifes birthday with a waitress wearing chaps with fringe, vest, cowboy hats and shorty shorts.
Oh... They're back to the shorty shorts again eh? Dang religious extreemists in Temecula government!
They used to wear the chaps over like a bikini bottom with ruffles on the back and a jogging bra type outfit. But, the Temecula city council made them change the outfits. They fought it for a while and won. They must have given in to the pressure. The outfits were in good taste, not trampy.
There are more churches in the temecula valley then there are gas stations and Starbucks combined. Churches are big business here. You can almost find one on every block. They are even in the commercial centers.
I gotta' get ordained. They have on line courses that only take two hours now to get ordained. Just answer a few questions, and viola! You are a priest. A friend of mine did it, received his card in the mail, and was the priest at his brother's wedding.
But I digress..... The food there is really good, and that's what make's a restaurant.
RJC#512
Unread 03-15-2010, 11:53 PM   #38
90XJNSD
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Breakfast- Spice house off the 163 and Clairmont Mesa, across from the courthouse, Big Portions and taste great.
Burgers- Hodads in OB, Western Steakburger in North Park, also Canada steakburger, i think its like 40th. and University.

Pizza- San Fillippos in La Mesa, Lefty's in Mission Hills for some Chicago style

Gus's deli for the Bomb Pastrami samich!!lol

Carne Asada Fries- Rigobertos off the 94, corner of Federal and Euclid

Oh and Im FaT also!!!
90XJNSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2010, 12:24 AM   #39
ankyle62
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Blue Water Seafood Market & Grill - Mission Hills - San Diego, CA
great fish, over on india by MCRD.

Thai Time - El Cajon - El Cajon, CA

awesome thai food, small little restaurant

L&L hawaiian bbq is always great fast food, various locations around SD.
ankyle62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2010, 03:08 PM   #40
lazyb34n
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Ok, So not an "eatery" but i didnt want to make a thread just for this. For those of us who LOVE craft beers You have to check out this store in IB.

South Bay Drugs

Their was a story about him in the UT a few months back. His dad runs the Medicine side of the store, he runs the rest and is a Beer Head, so guess what fills his cases now?

I told some one about the store but couldn't remember the name or address, so here it is.
lazyb34n is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2010, 05:11 PM   #41
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

It's TACO Tuesday again!
RJC#512
Unread 04-07-2010, 01:14 AM   #42
Sccafire
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Best Thai food is Siamese Basil in Encinitas.

"life is good at 2 MPH"
Sccafire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2010, 01:37 PM   #43
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Just had lunch at 5 Guys burgers in Point Loma. The east coast guys have been raving about how good it is and we finally have one here.

Five Guys Burgers and Fries - La Playa - San Diego, CA

It's a little more expensive than in-n-out but I think it's better and all toppings are included for the same price. A small order of fries is more than enough for two people.

Unread 07-26-2010, 01:39 PM   #44
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyb34n View Post
Now this is a thread i can get into!

For those of you who like REAL beer, you have to go to Blind Lady Ale HouseIn normal heights. Finally went there, after everyone raving about it on a home brewers forum. It does not disapoint! great pizza and an even better selection of craft brews. The only thing that sucks is they dont open till 5pm Tues-Fri. but are open lunch on weekends.

My favorite Burger place is downtown (even tho i live a few blocks from Boomerangs).
The Neighborhood/is an awsome Local joint that is a "gastro-Pub". The burgers are epic, and they are a supporting member of The San Diego Brewers Guild, So they always have Local brewers on tap. They even took part in Stone's Winter Storm this year.

But on a sad note, Perry's Caught fire a few months ago, and has yet to reopen. the food wasn't bad, but i have great memories of that place.
Went to Blind Lady last week. Great beer selection and the pizzas were really good too.
Unread 07-26-2010, 05:51 PM   #45
smcalpac
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
Just had lunch at 5 Guys burgers in Point Loma. The east coast guys have been raving about how good it is and we finally have one here.

Five Guys Burgers and Fries - La Playa - San Diego, CA

It's a little more expensive than in-n-out but I think it's better and all toppings are included for the same price. A small order of fries is more than enough for two people.

We've got a 5 Guys coming to Temecula soon, haven't heard much about them one way or the other but I'll have to give it a try once they open.
on two wheels anymore!
Camoflauge, camoflauge, I disappear when I pull out of my garage!

PM me for LED light bars and HID off road lights
smcalpac is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.