~ Best Eateries! ~ - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > ~ Best Eateries! ~

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 12-11-2009, 03:07 PM   #16
Motorep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I'm more of a breakfast guy so I'd go with the White Lightning Omelet at Le Pepe in Poway. Also, the Original Pancake House has an incredible Apple Pancake. Their Omelet's are good as well.

Cheer's in Ramona does have great Hamburgers.

For Mexican I like Guadalajara's in Old Town.

Unread 12-11-2009, 05:34 PM   #17
CRAWLING 98
Rock Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Any place that Jeff takes us for dinner.....
Unread 12-11-2009, 05:35 PM   #18
CRAWLING 98
Rock Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

I have been to most places listed on Jeff's list.

And the list keeps growing..
Unread 12-12-2009, 11:22 AM   #19
jeeps123

The short list -

Hash House. Lots. Of. Food.
Pizza Port. In Solana Beach, soon to be one in OB!
Unread 12-12-2009, 11:23 AM   #20
jeeps123

Don't forget Crazy Burger, in North Park
Unread 12-12-2009, 11:28 AM   #21
Goobersbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Max View Post
Way back in 1985, when I was stationed at Camp Pendleton, this place was awesome.....

Monterey Bay Canners Restaurant

Max
yea I've eaten there a couple times pretty goood
Unread 12-12-2009, 02:39 PM   #22
Mean Max
Don't poke the bear

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobersbro View Post
yea I've eaten there a couple times pretty goood
Yeah, I had a HUGE Halibut steak that was blackened Cajun style. It was to die for......

Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatE View Post
Max has a picture of every Jeep part ever made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
No one here knows what they are talking about. You should try Pirate 4x4 they will be happy to help you.

There is no situation that cannot be improved with a small but well-placed explosive.
Mean Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2009, 03:58 PM   #23
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Kapaa Fish and Chowder House, Kapaa Kauai
Honelei Dolphin, Honalei Kauai
Kioke's Paradise, Poipu Kauai
Three of the best eateries anywhere. I miss living there. That island is covered with fantastic restaurants.

The Fish House in Temecula on Ynez Rd. Good food but a little pricey.

TEXAS LOOSEY'S!! Shiuuut-howdy!! Really good food, great prices, large portions, and the waitresses "costumes", not to mention the lunch time lengerie shows! (Wednesdays) They are known for their chili, but I've had better. Their steaks are big and tasty.
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2009, 08:56 PM   #24
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Rosa's Cafe and Tortilla Factory on Jefferson (across the street from Vince's Spaghetti).
They make the tortillas as they need them, and the food is fantastic. Good portions, good prices, good atmosphere, beer.
Not to be confused with that dive in old town Temecula called Rosa's Cantina.
RJC#512
Unread 12-25-2009, 08:24 PM   #25
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Jason claims the Buffalo Wings and Things in Murrieta has the best hot wings.
They smelled good when we were there the other night.
RJC#512
Unread 12-26-2009, 02:48 AM   #26
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
Jason claims the Buffalo Wings and Things in Murrieta has the best hot wings.
They smelled good when we were there the other night.
You kinda combined two different places. There is Wings & Things and there is Buffalo Wild Wings. Wings and Things sucks in my opinion. Buffalo Wild Wings is amazing.
Unread 12-26-2009, 03:52 AM   #27
Terrible2
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Cross over the border into TJ, swing back around and after you cross the bridge therell be 4 shops or so, dont go there keep on walking. As you walk you should approach the last row of buildings where to your right you'll see a dad and his little boy selling $1 tacos. Go there, its delicious at 2 am, and for some reason the little boy is always working. Salsa is hot as can be and you get all the toppings you on. Also if you keep on going 100 feet right before you hit the liquor store with the old ladies selling their trinkets, theres a guy in a cart selling $1 tamales, theyre big and delicious.

JVs taco shop isnt the greatest, theyre huge portions and I love them but delicious not as much as Casa de Guadalajara in Old Town.

If you go up Convoy youll see a bunch of Asian restaurants, I forgot the name of this one but its $19 all you can eat Korean BBQ, you pick up the meat yourself with whatever side dishes you want and grill it. Jeung Sun or something like that, Korea House is good also but a tad overpriced unless their special is still running.

I also heard Jasmine is good along with Emerald. Spicy City is great if you like spicy food. If you like Boba Tea which I doubt any of you guys know what that is Tapioca Express is good and you get alot.

If you like Sushi, Sushi on the Rocks in La Jolla is good, cheaper with like $2 or $4 sake at Happy Hour. But personally I prefer Todai.

Z's Pizza right on Linda Vista and Napa is good too along with Nico's Taco shop across from JV's and Valero. Roses Doughnuts is delicious too their Breakfast Croissant along with their donut holes.
Terrible2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2009, 09:30 AM   #28
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeebs View Post
You kinda combined two different places. There is Wings & Things and there is Buffalo Wild Wings. Wings and Things sucks in my opinion. Buffalo Wild Wings is amazing.
Hey, so solly. After three Morgan and Cokes, they all look the same.

Yeah, Buffalo Wild Wings is what I meant. Same parking lot as Sam's Club at Murrieta Hot Springs Road and the 215 freeway.
Wings and things isn't that bad. Better than Hooter's hot wings.
RJC#512

Last edited by RikRotorhead; 12-26-2009 at 05:06 PM..
Unread 12-26-2009, 05:00 PM   #29
Poobah
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
But WHO has the best chili?
I was craving chili a couple days ago, and couldn't think of anyplace that has a good, flavorful, spicy chili.

Even chili burgers or chili dogs.
Pinks in L.A. is "pretty good", but not worth the drive from here.
I LOVE Original Tommy's Hamburgers - the San Diego location is on Clairemont Mesa Blvd... I think the chili on their burgers is fantastic! Maybe not spicy or beany...but I prefer it that way... I grew up eating Tommy's up in L.A., though, as a special treat...so I am kind of brainwashed on it...

Other burgers... Hodad's in OB is awesome...but always so damn crowded...but gooooood. Also, there is a little 50's diner on Midway in the food court...they have Buffalo burgers, Ostrich burgers, regular burgers, shakes, malts, great fries, etc... REALLY good! I think it is called "Classics." Highly recommended. Nice guys run the place.

OB also has Little Chef - a tiny little Chinese take-out place that I like a lot.

Sushi - Harney Sushi in Old Town is our favorite by far...

Pizza Nova not only has good pizzas and pasta, but you have to try their Lobster Bisque sometime...mmmmmm

Upscale - Roseville in Point Loma - we've never had a bad dish there...great service...girlfriend LOVES the mussels...last time we ate there the Mayor of San Diego was sitting next to us...ask for Jen as your server. Another place we like is Thee Bungalow in OB...Eric is a great waiter there. Also, the Marine Room in La Jolla...high end dining...awesome view...the waves crash on the window sometimes...my tennis buddy, Jimmy, has been a waiter there for years...

Italian - Pomodoro's in Point Loma....try the spagetti carbonara! It is the best I have had since I came back from living in Sicily (for a few years) 11 years ago. The place is pretty new...small...cozy...good atmosphere...most of the servers are fresh off the boat from Italy. Other - I know it's a chain, but I like Il Fornaio in Coronado. Peohe's next door is good as well. Volari is good, authentic Sicilian food...but it is always kinda dirty in there...dust on everything...just like in Italy...lol

Point Loma Seafoods and the Fish Market are my choices for seafood. Oh the Brigantine isn't too bad either.

Breakfast - Hash House a Go Go of course - time it and beat the crowd, though. Also, Point Break Cafe in Point Loma - they moved recently into the old Boll Weevil...the new dark atmosphere needs some work but the grub is still good. Perry's is great as well, of course - always crowded...

Thai - Antique Thai down in the strip mall at Rosecrans and Midway...near the Carl's Jr.... I like the Pad See Yew.... Also, Saffron Thai over on India by Shakespeare's and El Indio...

Sunday Brunch - 94th Aero Squadron is great. Humphrey's is as well. ...also, you can't beat going to the Farmer's market in Hillcrest on Sunday morning and grabbing some grub there...the Crepe Nazi makes awesome crepes...and Keith the British dude does a good sausage roll and scotch eggs... Great farmer's market going on as well.

Other food...

That Asian grocery store in Clairmont...Ranch 99 or whatever...is the place to get your crab and lobster to take home and cook...big and cheap...

Watch Albertson's for their ribeyes to go on sale and buy a ton of them and put them in the freezer...

Same with Ralph's for Prime Rib!

Henry's has the best egg nog I have ever tasted...I forget the brand..comes in a glass bottle...

Fresh & Easy has a frozen shrimp tempura that is awesome.

Bali Hai makes a strong-*** mai-tai and has a great view.

I like Hector's for my fast food mexican...unless I don't want to get out of the car...then I hit up Santana's drive thru.... Miguel's is decent for a sit-down Mexican place...or Casa Guadalajara in Old Town.

Speaking of Old Town...there is a little french creole place tucked back off the street a little that is good...Cafe Creole or something...I like it there...

The Living Room has great desserts...and the Elegant Truffle has the OMG Cake (Oh My God) - it is a chocolate cheesecake that is beyond description.

Gus's gets an honorable mention for their Philly Cheesesteak...it's good and it's huge.

For a good sandwich, try the brown bag deli on Rosecrans tucked in there by the fishing tackle store - Angler's choice... Also right there is a barber shop - Johnny Lovato...he is a million years old and gives the best haircut you have ever had. He's been doing it for something like 66 years.

I would have said Alexander's Pizza in Coronado rules...but I had some delivered from there last week for the first time in a couple of years...and it was not good... Could have been a fluke...it took them 2 hours to get it to us and it was cold, etc...but it went from usually being a 9 consistently to a 3 that one time...so who knows. My buddy swears by Big Kahuna's in PB I think...

For kids....Corvette Diner - the new one in Liberty Station...

Ice Cream - Cold Stone Creamery...

Ok...not sure why I decided to write all that but I am just sitting here watching some football, waiting to watch my Trojans play at 5pm and then going to catch Avatar later tonight in IMAX 3D!
San Diego Thread . Green Jeep Club #99 . Tj Owners Club #299 . . Just Runs

"What, me a cynic? I trust you have proof!"

Wheelers for the Wounded
Poobah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2009, 05:08 PM   #30
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

dang!!
Now that's a lot of places!!
RJC#512

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.