This year's Baja Pole Line Run will take place in two distict locales synonymous with Baja California Adventure - Baja California's Rio Hardy and the ultra-rugged Baja canyonland trail adjacent to the mountainous Sierra Juarez Summit Trail - the 1942 Pole Line Road.
4WD Run Type: Bobtail Camping - 1 night at the Rio Hardy Vacation House, and 1 night in the pure backcountry.
Date: Friday March 29th through Sunday March 31st (with option to return to Rio Hardy for a free night's stay or cross the border and go home).
Location: 2013 Baja Pole Line Run
- (night 1 - March 29th) Rio Hardy Vacation House (free accomodations)
- (night 2 - March 30th) Pole Line Road - Cañon Enmedio (free access camping)
Facilities: Tow vehicles can be stored at the Rio Hardy Vacation House.
Leader: Ken Cooke (and Wife Leidys Cooke)
RSVP: Required for BBQ and guest planning at Rio Hardy Vacation House for first night.
Run Type: Camping Run (2 Full Days on the 1942 Pole Line Road) with an optional night run to Suzuki Falls for those who can't get enough rock crawling!
Difficulty Rating: 2+ ('5' being considered EXTREME) - Night Run '3' to '3+'
- Provisions for 2 nights of camping - 1 night in the remote backcountry.
- 31" Tire required.
- CB Radio and Fire Extinguisher.
- 3 1/2 Days worth of Mexico Auto Insurance for 96 hrs./4 Days (Can only be purchased in 24 hr. increments).
- One traction aiding device strongly suggested (Limited Slip).
- Skid plate for oil pan, spare tire required.
Meeting Time: 10 AM - Pep Boys, Calexico, CA - 400 S Imperial Ave Calexico, CA 92231
Departure Time: 10:45 AM from Pep Boys - 400 S Imperial Ave Calexico, CA 92231
* Please have your Mexican insurance already purchased/in hand, and Passports/Visas to return to USA.
*This is going to be a fun run - one where the Wives (on night #1) get to watch their Husbands prepare a BBQ Feast along the waterfront in the historic Rio Hardy - (We will have a chance to shop for meats in Mexicali at the giant grocery store at the center of town after we eat lunch). The following two days will provide a chance for pure 4WD canyon off-roading in some of the most desolate wilderness - ripe with both flora and fauna from the Baja region. Once the run is over, drivers will have an option to stay again at the Rio Hardy vacation house, or return to the USA.