Bad local news - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > Bad local news

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 12-16-2012, 02:41 PM   #1
brokenujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Bad local news

http://www.10news.com/news/1-dead-1-...cajon-12162012

Unread 12-16-2012, 04:33 PM   #2
Delta347
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenujoint View Post
I can't say if their shoulder harnesses had been on they would have been much luckier...I know my YJ's belts barely work they're mostly for show. Probably time I replace those.

Poor CJ, can't tell where it ends the rocks begin. Hopefully the woman pulls through.
Side Effects may include dry mouth, nausea, vomitting, water retention, painful recolage, hallucination, dementia, psycosis, coma, death, and halitosus. YJs are not for everyone please consult your physician before use.
Delta347 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2012, 11:25 AM   #3
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Sad news. I heard about it from a friend in WA state who sent me this link:

http://m.nbcsandiego.com/nbcsandiego...tguid=KzYDOBT6
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2012, 02:08 PM   #4
brokenujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I did a google earth view of what I suspect was the rollover site. Of all places up and down that street that must be the WORST place to have whatever happened, happen. Prayers to his family and to the young lady, I hope you pull through. God Bless!
Unread 12-18-2012, 06:51 PM   #5
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

yea, i posted this the other day in the general SD thread...is this anyone we know? i saw it on the news that night. the thing was mangled up really badly
Unread 12-30-2012, 08:24 PM   #6
Climbit
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Turns out, I went to high school with the guy. He was the best friend of a really good friend of mine, but we never really hung out with them.

Sad.
Climbit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2012, 09:01 PM   #7
brokenujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

any update or news on the young lady who was on life support?
Unread 12-30-2012, 09:04 PM   #8
Climbit
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenujoint
any update or news on the young lady who was on life support?
As far as I know she recovered
Climbit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2013, 10:29 AM   #9
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

This happened right at the bottom of the hill from where I live, I actually rode past the scene going to work that morning on the motorcycle. Sad news indeed, never knew the guy. That particular spot you would never guess someone would go off the road, the turn isn't even sharp. Something else was at play that caused the Jeep to do that. And not that it matters, but I have strong suspicions that it's not a CJ, but a YJ...

-1989 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L, soon to be 5.2L
-1996 Jeep Grand Cherokar 5.2L, donor and rainy day driver
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.