August Bonfire - Friday the 13th - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > August Bonfire - Friday the 13th

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 08-07-2010, 04:16 PM   #1
Delta347
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

August Bonfire - Friday the 13th

I just wanted to post it incase anyone is interested or free and would like a reason to park out on fiesta island for an evening with a big fire and such!

On Friday, August 13th (1 week from today), I'll be having a bonfire on Fiesta Island with probably a dozen or so friends, all college students as far as age, but I know us Jeep owners love a good excuse to get together. I'll be bringing a canopy, table, costco pizza, a propane grill (full size) and a 15inch charcoal grill, we plan to have some brawts, sodas, carne asada, chips, and the such. Plus whatever guests plan to bring. I'll be going to gather and dismantle some palletes for tinder and also cut down this 15ft tree thats annoying someone to use as the primary fuel (so a actual good bonfire assuming its not a very young/healthy tree).

I'm also bringing some salt, a ladder, and encouraging anyone to bring their own superstitions of badluck and the such with them for us to test since it will be Friday the 13th!

So whether you want to socialize or just have a good excuse to chill with some other jeeps on the shores of fiesta island I encourage you to come and feel free to bring any contributions to the bonfire, wood, food, drink, or stories/humor all help!

I'll be staked out on the western shore around where we had the meet and greet awhile back, I'll tow in the Jurassic Park Jeep and have my Green ZJ there too for people to spot us easier. I'll be there before 6pm to grab a pit, and the official time is 6pm until close (10pm or so I think?) for the bonfire. If you need any information just PM and we can arrange a call or email or just PMs.

I'll make a little side thread for you to post in so we don't clog the main thread (not like that would be a problem I suppose)

** A good note to edit in: Just to reiterate, Ill be bringing waters and soda and a number of basics like brawts and chips, another friend is bringing carne asada, so think of things like a pot luck, any contribution is welcome but not at all necessary for attendance! **

Side Effects may include dry mouth, nausea, vomitting, water retention, painful recolage, hallucination, dementia, psycosis, coma, death, and halitosus. YJs are not for everyone please consult your physician before use.

Last edited by Delta347; 08-07-2010 at 04:57 PM..
Delta347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2010, 04:23 PM   #2
Delta347
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote from the Facebook Event/Group for the Bonfire:

A late summer bonfire to celebrate the passing of another great, well, summer!

We will have some chilled beverages and snacks available! If we get the right people going I suspect we will be able to do some sea side grilling!

It is going to be a great time to meet new people and spend time with the ones you already know, surprise us by bringing your own friends as well!

Fiesta Island will provide a gorgeous view of the sunset set along the San Diego Coast and if you stick around until 9:50pm you will be able to join us in watching Sea World's summer firework show "Into the Blue"!

Bring friends & family, let us know if you have any quality wood, drink, or food to bring along!

A little side note: For anyone who wants to have some added fun at this event I invite you to join us for the purpose of having a "Thirteen Club" style evening. I will bring a ladder which people may walk under as well as spill multitudes of salt. If anyone has any superstitions on hand to add to the mystery/fun of the evening please let us know.

DISCLAIMER: This event is not for people with Triskaidekaphobia or Paraskevidekatriaphobia. Consult your psychologist before attending. Side effects may include, but are not limited to night terrors, nightmares, anxiety, heart attack, migraines, hallucination, dementia, psychosis, coma, death, and halitosis.
Side Effects may include dry mouth, nausea, vomitting, water retention, painful recolage, hallucination, dementia, psycosis, coma, death, and halitosus. YJs are not for everyone please consult your physician before use.
Unread 08-08-2010, 11:43 AM   #3
CostcoPizza
Fresh Baked

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta347 View Post
...I'll be bringing a canopy, table, costco pizza, a propane grill......
CostcoPizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2010, 05:00 PM   #4
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

location on the island?
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2010, 08:20 PM   #5
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

i just saw this...still happening? who all is going?
Unread 08-13-2010, 08:37 PM   #6
jeepnkal
2001 TJ Wrangler 

just saw it too and i would like to go, but if its not happening im up for finding the closest pub. Jeff, i still owe you a beer for the ones you bought the night we went out.
jeepnkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2010, 08:46 PM   #7
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

jeff is down there right now.
Unread 08-13-2010, 09:12 PM   #8
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

I stopped by for a little while on my way home. There's at least 20 people there. It's not really a jeep group; it's Ari and his school friends but they have a ton of wood and a big fire going.

Located at the northern end of the island a little to the north of where the OTL scoreboard is located.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2010, 12:59 AM   #9
Delta347
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks for stopping by Jeff, it was good to see you. Again I was hoping people would spot this sooner so there could be kind a side Jeep group to the 2 groups of college range kids going nuts haha.

It was already 2 groups in a sense all merged together with 3 hosts.

All I can say is you guys missed out on some awesome brawts and carne asada to say the least, hopefully Jeff can admit to how good that food must have looked :-p

At the peak the total attendance was well over 25 people, most in their groups but I was cruising through everything checking how people were. I also cut and served the carne asada that was prepared by a good friend and coworker.

I definitely had a blast! Maybe we will need to plan out another big specifically Jeep Meet & Greet like we had a while ago, hopefully my rig will be running again by then x.x

Thanks again for the recommendations Jeff! I'm fixing that hitch tomorrow after work!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.