ANZA Fish Creek Washed Out - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > ANZA Fish Creek Washed Out

15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4Advance Adapters SYE KitsRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 09-17-2012, 03:26 PM   #1
3Samudra
2013 JK Wrangler 

ANZA Fish Creek Washed Out

Stopped by the visitors center in borrego springs yesterday and there was a note on the trails board that Fish Creek was impassable 2mi in..
So I went to have a look..

The whole trail has disappeared.. There's a light track instead..( mini vans will have trouble ).I went about 3mi past sandstone canyon and the tracks just about faded out...13 mi in..

The sign for the Diablo Drop connect is gone...I went about half way in and turned around.

Don't know if arroyo tapiado or diablo arroyo is clear to the drop..The visitor center had another note about tapiado and some quicksand in carrizo wash??

Unread 09-17-2012, 03:58 PM   #2
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Interesting. I wonder how it is coming thru from the Pinion Mtn side?

The last 2-3 years the so-called diablo drop off hill was pretty much a dirt road after the gulleys all got filled in.

Looking forward to a new season with some new trail lines.

thanks
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2012, 06:07 PM   #3
3Samudra
2013 JK Wrangler 

Yeah it was great to drive through an area where the tracks were light...and that little connector had no marks at all... I'm not shure if it's even possible ( probably is,just not by me without help).

It won't take long for Fish Creek to be a regular highway again... It looked like only half a doz vehicles had gone through and I already collected two garbage bags of trash in one spot...
Unread 10-20-2012, 09:28 PM   #4
xjdrive
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Just did the run (10/13) from Arroyo Tapiado - Diablo drop off - fish creek - split mountain, and it was in poor condition but very passable with a xj, 33in, 6in lift. Zj 31” 3”lift needed rocks piled up. Stock jk got banged to hell. Diablo drop off was eroded bad and needed a lot of care so not to roll over. I spoke with a park ranger that we meet about a mile passed the drop off. He was surprise we got through, told us they were getting a tractor in to fill in the erosion. Also about 3 obstacles that need to be handled after the drop.
xjdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2012, 06:42 AM   #5
3Samudra
2013 JK Wrangler 

Yesterday (10/20) a work group filled in the gully next to the drop so it is safe again..
Unread 10-21-2012, 07:56 PM   #6
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

There was a group out there from Just Runs doing the trail repair. Saw it on another board just now.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.