Anyone Need an Accounting Intern? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > Anyone Need an Accounting Intern?

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-19-2012, 12:21 AM   #1
Tenshots1
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Anyone Need an Accounting Intern?

Hey guys. So I figured since Jeepers like other Jeepers, maybe I'd go ahead and post a thread here to see if anyone works for a CPA firm or in Private Industry that would happen to know of an Accounting Internship opening in San Diego. I have applied to about 30 positions since the middle of fall, and so far no luck, which is weird because my grades are decent. I am a junior at USD majoring in Accounting with an emphasis in SCM and a minor in marketing. I have a 3.55 GPA with a 3.83 Major GPA. Feel free to PM me for my resume!

Thanks,
Garrett

Unread 03-19-2012, 09:14 AM   #2
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

I don't but this thread is a good idea. It should be re-named or another one created with "Help Wanted / Job Wanted" for similar postings.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2012, 12:02 PM   #3
Tenshots1
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
I don't but this thread is a good idea. It should be re-named or another one created with "Help Wanted / Job Wanted" for similar postings.
Yea I figured since the San Diego thread doesn't see much action, I could put up a personal thread and have it stay at the top of the list for awhile.

We will see if I have any success. So far Steve (stvdiego) was nice enough to point me towards some good industry opportunities that I hadn't thought of, so progress is already being made.
Unread 03-19-2012, 07:17 PM   #4
Delta347
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenshots1 View Post
Hey guys. So I figured since Jeepers like other Jeepers, maybe I'd go ahead and post a thread here to see if anyone works for a CPA firm or in Private Industry that would happen to know of an Accounting Internship opening in San Diego. I have applied to about 30 positions since the middle of fall, and so far no luck, which is weird because my grades are decent. I am a junior at USD majoring in Accounting with an emphasis in SCM and a minor in marketing. I have a 3.55 GPA with a 3.83 Major GPA. Feel free to PM me for my resume!

Thanks,
Garrett
If you find a place with 2 openings poke me, I'm in the same boat, been looking for just as long too. Everything from major related (accounting) to anything that pays more than 10$/hr. Got 1 interview for Wells Fargo nothing else has cared to call me. I even have a recommendation from a city council member.
Side Effects may include dry mouth, nausea, vomitting, water retention, painful recolage, hallucination, dementia, psycosis, coma, death, and halitosus. YJs are not for everyone please consult your physician before use.
Delta347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2012, 08:03 PM   #5
Tenshots1
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta347 View Post
If you find a place with 2 openings poke me, I'm in the same boat, been looking for just as long too. Everything from major related (accounting) to anything that pays more than 10$/hr. Got 1 interview for Wells Fargo nothing else has cared to call me. I even have a recommendation from a city council member.
Thats a bummer. Yea right now im doing an unpaid tax internship. I don't get class credit either...it's rough!
Unread 03-20-2012, 12:20 AM   #6
Delta347
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Thats a bummer. Yea right now im doing an unpaid tax internship. I don't get class credit either...it's rough!
Have you tried searching www.indeed.com its like monster and google had a baby and helps job searching so much.
Side Effects may include dry mouth, nausea, vomitting, water retention, painful recolage, hallucination, dementia, psycosis, coma, death, and halitosus. YJs are not for everyone please consult your physician before use.
Unread 03-20-2012, 12:48 AM   #7
Tenshots1
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Hmm no I have not. So far I have mostly applied on USD's career website. USD has a great website where tons of employers post jobs that they specifically want USD students for. Maybe because it has the 8th best accounting program in the nation.
Unread 03-20-2012, 10:03 PM   #8
Tenshots1
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I am adding "TJOTM top 10" to my resume right now. Hopefully it will increase my chances haha
Unread 03-22-2012, 08:19 AM   #9
krughzn
Welcome to The Rock

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta347 View Post
Ouch! Sorry to hear about that. Hopefully you will still be able to get a good job.
krughzn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2012, 09:36 AM   #10
Delta347
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I am adding "TJOTM top 10" to my resume right now. Hopefully it will increase my chances haha
Maybe I should throw "YJOTM Finalist" to mine, didn't win but I was in a poll to win once!

Oh I just found some old math competition medals in a box in the garage from when I was in elementary school. I should put that on, "Multiplication Master" and "Division Domination". I think it reinforces my skill in field of mathematics.
Unread 03-30-2012, 10:31 PM   #11
Tenshots1
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I have a couple interviews coming up. Wish me luck!
Unread 03-30-2012, 11:51 PM   #12
krughzn
Welcome to The Rock

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Good luck!!!!
krughzn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2012, 03:35 PM   #13
MJ12
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Not that it matters but I was told its against the law for a company to have an intern without pay and without school credit, they must by law, have one or the other in this state. So if the company pisses you off its an fyi....
MJ12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2012, 09:17 PM   #14
Tenshots1
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ12 View Post
Not that it matters but I was told its against the law for a company to have an intern without pay and without school credit, they must by law, have one or the other in this state. So if the company pisses you off its an fyi....

Hmm thats weird because there are tons of non-payed internships and i doubt a majority of people are getting credit. Anyway, I currently work for a single mother/CPA and I am gaining a decent amount of experience while boosting my resume, so I am content.
Unread 04-25-2012, 12:17 PM   #15
Tenshots1
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I wanted to let you guys know that I got an internship offer from SAIC today. WOOT WOOT! Now i just gotta weigh out my options with another firm before accepting.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.