Any of you guys work at the DMV? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > Any of you guys work at the DMV?

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChTJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 01-04-2010, 04:54 PM   #1
Chris
Guy with jeep

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Any of you guys work at the DMV?

I hate them today! I went down to register my 5th wheel as a NON-OP since I have no plans on using it this year and I can save 300 bucks. Well I am not allowed to. I am told that if I use it or not I have to pay the registration. I asked them why I would have to pay if it is going to sit in my back yard all year? They would not give any answer except that is the rules. I hate California today. Have any of you guys experienced this?

Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2010, 05:00 PM   #2
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

You can not go non-op on a vehicle if the registration is expired. Not sure if that is even an option for trailers.

California government operations suck in every way and every time you have anything to do with them. I got a tax notice a few months ago, responded by mail and phone. Turns out they owed me money, which I have never recieved. Saturday I get a nasty letter "because you failed to respond to our initial demand" Idiots.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2010, 05:59 PM   #3
Chris
Guy with jeep

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Their operation is the worst for sure. It is not expiered registration, they just told me that since it is a travel trailer/RV they do not do NON-OP's on them but don't know why. I think I am more frustrated because they could not give me a solid answer as why I have to pay. DMV worker #2 said that what if I just parked it in a trailer park and lived in it, they wouldn't get the registration money. I said exactly why would I pay to use a road I don't use.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2010, 12:02 PM   #4
green cj 78
1978 CJ7 

I also learned that you have to put it non op within 3 months of the registration due date. If it breaks down any other time... YOU PAY!!!
green cj 78 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.