Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Any good trails with water crossings near San Diego?

2K views 27 replies 9 participants last post by  Reno72 
#1 ·
Somewhat new to the San Diego area. Rainy season is coming up, looking for good trails that involve fun or challenging water crossings. Thanks for the tips!

#2 ·
Except for an occasional puddle there really aren't any water crossings.

If you are in the desert when it starts raining you should get to high ground immediately because of the danger of flash floods; those are no joke when they happen. There used to be a water crossing in Borrego Springs on Coyote Canyon but I understand the trail has been relocated.

Where did you move from?

Coyote canyon a few years ago

#9 ·
Kevin, that's on the road to CC right? Every time someone tries that they get stuck. Had this guy in a big F250 try that and got stuck up to his floor boards. Took three Jeeps linked together to pull him out of there. That spot is like quicksand when it get wet. :rofl:

#10 ·
sure is... Not the worst stuck of my life but definetly the suckiest. I had to jump out in just my underwear (you can see my clothes on the rollbar) into super sharp, splintered ICED water up to my damn belly button and winch that tree about 60 ft away. Then as i was walking back in my drawers some chick in a cherokee came by and asked if i was ok. Not exactly in the most complimentary situation. I was like , IM GOOD GET OUT OF HERE!!! LOL . Then I had to drive the 40 miles home and got an ear ache.. it sucked!!!

#28 ·
I just got back from the Chocolate Mountains, we have a place at North Glamis Hot Springs, and I can tell you everything has changed. I ran many trails out there for over 5 years and knew most of them in the dark. This year they must have had some very heavy flash floods as trails I rode for years are unrecognisable. Sort of cool because it's like starting over. It wasn't cool the first night when I started down a trail and discovered I didn't recognise where I was at. Very good advice to head for high ground in the desert when you see rain over the mountains.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.