16th Annual Superstition Mountain Run - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > 16th Annual Superstition Mountain Run

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Eliminate Hood Flutter!!!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!

Unread 12-16-2013, 10:43 PM   #31
Chris
Guy with jeep

1990 YJ Wrangler 

I think I may go to this event this year.

Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2013, 07:45 AM   #32
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Sweet!
Unread 12-17-2013, 08:44 AM   #33
Rrw600
1997 TJ Wrangler 

At this rate, this has the makings to be an epic trip. I better bring my hardtop.
Rrw600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2013, 09:49 AM   #34
WJDesertRacer
2004 WJ 

If I'm not camping with you guys I'll make a run down for raffle Saturday afternoon. Should be fun. What's up with the safety sheet saying all vehicles must be street legal?

IFS WJ dual sport
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wj-west-coast-style-1172706/[/url]
WJDesertRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2013, 10:01 AM   #35
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJDesertRacer View Post
If I'm not camping with you guys I'll make a run down for raffle Saturday afternoon. Should be fun. What's up with the safety sheet saying all vehicles must be street legal?
Never heard of that before; there have been plenty of off road only in years past. Maybe that page is just for club runs. If you register and want to do the runs they do a quick inspection for spare tire, battery hold down, fire ext, jack and tow points.

I register every year but never go on the organized runs. I figure the money goes to a good cause and I get a cool sticker.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2013, 10:03 AM   #36
Motorep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I think I may go to this event this year.
I wanna go too but I'm still waiting for my boss to post the work schedule for next years Supercross races. I'll be in Phoenix the weekend before this so I should be free but we just lost a rep in the LA area so we may be short handed.
Unread 12-17-2013, 10:07 AM   #37
Chris
Guy with jeep

1990 YJ Wrangler 

I may even bring my 5th wheel if I can find some way to fit the jeep inside, or I guess I can be the drunk that rides passenger too.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2013, 10:53 AM   #38
WJDesertRacer
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty
Never heard of that before; there have been plenty of off road only in years past. Maybe that page is just for club runs. If you register and want to do the runs they do a quick inspection for spare tire, battery hold down, fire ext, jack and tow points. I register every year but never go on the organized runs. I figure the money goes to a good cause and I get a cool sticker.
I won't be doing any runs. Too slow for my taste. I just thought it was interesting.

IFS WJ dual sport
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wj-west-coast-style-1172706/[/url]
WJDesertRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2013, 01:56 PM   #39
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Looks like I'm going to have to get a new party hat for this trip
Unread 12-23-2013, 04:37 PM   #40
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

are you guys registering for Superstition? Tomorrow is the deadline to pre-reg and was wondering if it's worth it to do so (unlike TDS).. I've learned not to join up on those runs.. Never been to Sup yet..
Also I'll be working on Jan 17th (friday) night, getting off at 630am Saturday morning and directly hauling tail to get out there Saturday morning to meet up with you guys. About 2 1/2 hrs from La Mesa so I'm guess 3 comfort hrs of driving/gassing up... Who's staying where and for how long and does anyone have my kinda departure schedule to possibly drive out together? It's about a 3 1/2 weeks away but wanna figure it out asap.
brokenyoujoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2013, 05:09 PM   #41
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

We usually register just to help the event, but do our own runs. You can register on site if you want.

No exact times set just yet for departure, but typically we meet all meet at Jeff's Friday mid afternoon and caravan out from there. Come back Sunday sometime after a morning/mid-day run.

We all have cell phones, shoot us a text or a call when you're rolling out. We might have done a run and come back by then already lol
Unread 12-23-2013, 05:10 PM   #42
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I may even bring my 5th wheel if I can find some way to fit the jeep inside, or I guess I can be the drunk that rides passenger too.
If you make it, can you bring those super awesome-o stock XJ wheels with you for the daily? I'll trade you for some delicous C'rrs light
Unread 12-24-2013, 01:13 PM   #43
kuruma
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I'm going to this and would love to caravan mid-afternoonish time frame. Need to drop the top and doors. ORW did me a favor and added full hardware to my top on the LJ. Takes an hour just to get it loose!!! No lockers right now but if the hard top is off I'm game for pretty much anything.
kuruma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2013, 03:10 PM   #44
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

careful what you promise
brokenyoujoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2013, 05:26 PM   #45
sdmoose429
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuruma View Post
I'm going to this and would love to caravan mid-afternoonish time frame. Need to drop the top and doors. ORW did me a favor and added full hardware to my top on the LJ. Takes an hour just to get it loose!!! No lockers right now but if the hard top is off I'm game for pretty much anything.
I think we're going down there Friday PM. You can stash your top here. of course.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.